U2 3D next year....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoFox1 said:

Kaf, Im going to call the IMAX at Universal City Walk, other than that there aare quite a few IMAX theaters around the LA/Hollywood area. I'll post more info soon ;)
I looked at their website, but they had no info on movie listings - like at all :shrug: Go figure. Do keep me posted though :yes:

emmabergstrom said:

SQUEEEE!!!
Thanks a million!

But are they only playing the movie on the 22 feb or is that the premier? :huh:

I think thats the from/premiere date.
Atleast I hope so anyway :scratch:

I found it listed on the Seattle Center ( Pacific Science Center) downtown where the Space Needle/IMAX theatre is..and it's buried under coming attractions.
At least it is there. They make it so hard!
It's ridiculous. This won't last long on the big screen with this kinda of promotion.
That widget thing they sent out doesn't list the cities and neither does the special U23D website.
?? U2.com :|

Jeannieco said:
I found it listed on the Seattle Center ( Pacific Science Center) downtown where the Space Needle/IMAX theatre is..and it's buried under coming attractions.
It's ridiculous. This won't last long on the big screen with this kinda of promotion.
That widget thing they sent out doesn't list the cities and neither does the special U23D website.

yeah, I am completely perplexed as to why this film is getting NO FRIGGIN PROMOTION at all! It's 2 weeks away from now... Something is clearly up with this (possible delays maybe, problems with negotiating contracts with various theaters or something else). I mean U2 are promotion whores when it comes to their stuff.. :lol: really they are... :D

I mean normally something of this magnatude would be all over the papers, internet, radio, and TV by now...

U2Fanatic4ever said:
I mean U2 are promotion whores when it comes to their stuff.. :lol: really they are... :D
I dunno, I didn't see any promotion for the re-release of JT here. Maybe the marketing department has taken the holidays off?

Or maybe Australia's not a big enough market to plug their stuff. :shrug:

Alisaura said:

I dunno, I didn't see any promotion for the re-release of JT here. Maybe the marketing department has taken the holidays off?

Or maybe Australia's not a big enough market to plug their stuff. :shrug:

I think when it comes to cds/music it's slightly different. And I think with different areas of the world the promotion varies. The promotion for jt re-release got a normal amount of promotion here in the US.
Now with a film, they normally blitz the hec out the media outlets here in the US. And I think its weird that with this breaking new ground in the 3D technology there would be even more reason to be promoting this so intensely in the US.

But here it is 2 weeks from the premiere and nada...

Jeannieco said:

Amen. I'm seeing it at the Pacific Science Center IMAX as well, and I could not be more confused by their website. Once I finally found the notice for it in "coming soon", it took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to buy tickets ahead. :eyebrow:

And that widget thingy...I don't get what it's supposed to do! I put it on my blog and my facebook, because it said you could find showtimes, etc, but it definitely doesn't.

Makes me sad, as so many people would enjoy seeing the film, but won't know about it...

You are at least able to buy your tickets already though?! :faint: That's fantastic!

Can't even find it playing anywhere near me yet. :sigh:

Hello Pleban Gals:

My apologies for not being much of a poster -- but I do check out, and...er, lurk about every once and a while in here. Anyway, the U2 gods were smiling on me, and I got tickets to the U23D premiere @ Sundance on Jan 19th (midnight screening). I've heard pretty reliable information that all four will be in attendance to introduce the film!!

Any advice you all could provide on winning techniques to grabbing their attention and scoring a quick photo w Bono and the boys would be greatly appreciated!! I am dedicating the entire day to intelligence gathering and scoping out the scene.

If I'm successful I'll be sure to post photos ASAP!! Many thanks in advance...

Spanisheyes68

Jeannieco said:
^^ya, Seattle lucked out as far as advance information goes.
Rosebud, will they mail the tickets to you or do you have to go down and pickup them up at the box office?
I didn't see the advance purchase info.

Jeannieco, I'm not quite sure (as I've never actually gone to a show at the IMAX at the PSC), but I think you just pick them at the box office. Don't take my word for it though! :) As far as advance purchasing, you can only buy tix about a week ahead of time. Let me see if I can find you the link...

EDIT:
Ugh, the link isn't working on my computer -- hopefully it'll work on yours. I'm thinking there was another way of getting to the online ticket sales page, but I can't seem to find it. I'll keep looking.

http://nc4.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=3.1&linkID=pscse

If that doesn't show anything, try going here, and clicking on the "general public" link (which is the above):

http://www.pacsci.org/iamlegend/

If the link doesn't work for you either, you can buy them ahead over the phone as well. The number for that is on second link.

Hope all goes well! :)

Last edited:
:hyper: For any northwest England fans Manchester IMAX and Blackpool Odeon will be showing U2 3D from 21st February ( Preview screening). :hyper: The Blackpool cinema isn't an IMAX but has a 3D screen, its very near me so think i will be popping in there alot on the way home that week. :shifty::lol:

Odeon ( UK ) has links up on its website to buy tickets for U23D. So it appears you can book from now onwards. :drool:

spanisheyes68 said:
Hello Pleban Gals:

My apologies for not being much of a poster -- but I do check out, and...er, lurk about every once and a while in here. Anyway, the U2 gods were smiling on me, and I got tickets to the U23D premiere @ Sundance on Jan 19th (midnight screening). I've heard pretty reliable information that all four will be in attendance to introduce the film!!

Any advice you all could provide on winning techniques to grabbing their attention and scoring a quick photo w Bono and the boys would be greatly appreciated!! I am dedicating the entire day to intelligence gathering and scoping out the scene.

Spanisheyes68

my advise to you would be to BRING ME WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I just posted on EYKIW but I'll post here too...
U23d tix on sale now at imax theater in Boston (the Aquarium) for the show on the 23rd!!

http://www.thebridgecinema.com/home/home.asp

THE BRIDGE: Cinema de Lux
6081 Center Drive
The Promenade at Howard Hughes Center
Los Angeles, CA 90045
24-Hour Phone 310-568-3375

Im looking into group sales tickets

Also there are no showtimes yet, but I'm waiting for a call back from the manager, hopefully tomorrow since the dork on the phone didnt know anything about anything :|

BonoFox1 said:
Also there are no showtimes yet, but I'm waiting for a call back from the manager, hopefully tomorrow since the dork on the phone didnt know anything about anything :| [/B]

Honestly what is it with the lack of awareness of these people that work at the theaters? :confused: I emailed our local IMAX and got a reply that yes it would be shown here but NOT IN 3D ?!?!? To his credit he did followup a couple days later saying it would be shown in 3D...hmmm guess he didn't notice the title of the movie? :scratch:

spanisheyes68 said:
Hello Pleban Gals:

Spanisheyes68

Lucky!

I'm winging it when I get up there and praying for wait list tickets.

spanisheyes68 said:
Hello Pleban Gals:

Spanisheyes68

Dress like a bellydancer, at least 2 members of the band have a very well known fetish.

It actually is very possible members of the band will be there - even Dylan went to his Sundance premier. He NEVER does red-carpet type events.

Last edited:
BonoFox1 said:
http://www.thebridgecinema.com/home/home.asp

THE BRIDGE: Cinema de Lux
6081 Center Drive
The Promenade at Howard Hughes Center
Los Angeles, CA 90045
24-Hour Phone 310-568-3375

Im looking into group sales tickets

Also there are no showtimes yet, but I'm waiting for a call back from the manager, hopefully tomorrow since the dork on the phone didnt know anything about anything :|

FINALLY! They post the movie on their site... Wtf took them so long! Geez... I just don't get the big delay when it comes to the so cal area... This should of been set in stone weeks ago.. I mean it's a huge market for promotion... :shrug:

better late than never I guess...

I am excited about the movie but at the same time quite pissed/frustrated at the U2 camp/whoever is promoting this film. I think the way they handled this is just disgraceful and unlike how U2 handle promoting their stuff. I would like to know who was hired to promote this (Nat'l Geographic maybe?) cuz it can't be the same company that promotes their stuff in the past. I can't put my finger on why there was no promotion basically and then now they are throwing it all together at the last minute, so unprofessional IMO. Could there some kind strategy in this or what.. Someone tell me why or what their motive is...

/end rant

bonoishot said:
:hyper: For any northwest England fans Manchester IMAX and Blackpool Odeon will be showing U2 3D from 21st February ( Preview screening). :hyper: The Blackpool cinema isn't an IMAX but has a 3D screen, its very near me so think i will be popping in there alot on the way home that week. :shifty::lol:

Odeon ( UK ) has links up on its website to buy tickets for U23D. So it appears you can book from now onwards. :drool:

Sweetness.

I called the new Vue cinema that opened over Christmas becasue they have a 3D screen.
The woman said ''we have no details about it, all I know it's not going to be in 3D"

:|

Looks like Manchester Odeon for moi then..

Back
Top Bottom