U2 3D - 2008 release date?? +

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tripletmom said:
For those New Englanders...
Imax Theater in Boston (the Aquarium) is playing u23d on the 23rd. Tix available for purchase now.
Also, I hear that Jordans Imax in natick and reading, MA are in negotiations today about showing the film (a relative works there) and that theater is awesome!!!!!!

I'm going to Saturday's showing at the Aquarium, so hopefully Reading's Jordans will have it on the 23rd.

jbj said:
Looks like bad news for ppl in the Philly area. Hannah Montanna tix are available in King of Prussia starting Feb 1- but no sign of U2 3D. With Harrisburg and Pittsburgh confirmed already, it looks like we'll be seeing a late Feb release if at all.

What about the IMAX theater at the Franklin Institute in Philly? Any work on if it'll be shown there?

this is kind of ridiculous, because i'm seeing it in king of prussia for the press release next tuesday. why would they show a philly press screening, and not show it in philly?

I've been invited to a press screening at the IMAX cinema in Waterloo, but it's too far to travel.

For those in the UK: "This is a unique experience and the only chance to see U23D before it comes
out in cinemas across the UK on 22 February, so we hope you will be able to
attend.

U23D will not be released on DVD or shown on TV!"

scottyT said:
this is kind of ridiculous, because i'm seeing it in king of prussia for the press release next tuesday. why would they show a philly press screening, and not show it in philly?

That's odd. I have seen the posters around various theaters in the area. I just assumed it would be showing at those theaters...

bonocomet said:
FINALLY a theatre in L.A.!!!

But a Wednesday opening?? I can't drive to LA on a Wednesday! :(

or can I :hmm:

comet, not sure how up to date you are on this but...the Bridge IMAX theater has been up there the whole time on the u23d site..we just couldn't find tickets at the Bridge site...haha

this is good news allegra, hopefully this will help advertise....at least they're doing SOMETHING! :)

Really? I may be a bit behind :lol: , but I know for awhile it was just showing Sacramento. Anyways... great news, I hope everyone still wants to meet on a Friday or Saturday tho!

yes I do for sure! I'm pretty sure i'll be there, I suppose whether I go friday or saturday there will be a bunch of interferencers there to enhance the experience :)

I planned to go Friday, but maybe Saturday too if there will be a lot of Interferencers both days :hmm: thinking about spending the night so I don't have to drive back and forth twice.
<-- loco :lol:

Rob33 said:

comet, not sure how up to date you are on this but...the Bridge IMAX theater has been up there the whole time on the u23d site..we just couldn't find tickets at the Bridge site...haha

this is good news allegra, hopefully this will help advertise....at least they're doing SOMETHING! :)

Awesome! I did a bit more research, I'm sure you guys did the same but they have not posted the times for it on that date (23rd). I guess I just have to check every so often to see the times. I will try and make it on that day if not for sure that Friday. Cheers!

Zooropa man said:

Awesome! I did a bit more research, I'm sure you guys did the same but they have not posted the times for it on that date (23rd). I guess I just have to check every so often to see the times. I will try and make it on that day if not for sure that Friday. Cheers!

Friday sounds good to me too. I hope everyone will want to do that.

Sorry to go off topic here for just one moment, but Zooropa man, I was just wondering, did you ever make your trip out to the Joshua Tree?

bonocomet said:

Friday sounds good to me too. I hope everyone will want to do that.

Sorry to go off topic here for just one moment, but Zooropa man, I was just wondering, did you ever make your trip out to the Joshua Tree?

No, I haven't had the chance to. I'm expecting any time soon and with work... I look to make it sometime in the summer. My girlfriend and I have talked about it and we will make the trip in the near future. But be sure that when that happens, I will be posting pictures. :wink:

Zooropa man said:

No, I haven't had the chance to. I'm expecting any time soon and with work... I look to make it sometime in the summer. My girlfriend and I have talked about it and we will make the trip in the near future. But be sure that when that happens, I will be posting pictures. :wink:

:up:

I'm finally making the trip this week, I hope I can find it! Good luck to you when you go !

Ok I will. I'll revive your old thread when I do. That was a good thread with some good info in it. I'll see ya there when I return :wave:

Awesome. If you do find it, would it be too much to ask to let us know the exact location? From what was posted, I have a good idea of the location.

Yeah I've been trying to piece things together because it isn't posted publicly anywhere, which I respect. You can email me here and we can talk :)

vertigo624 @sbcglobal.net

mkdominatr said:

That's odd. I have seen the posters around various theaters in the area. I just assumed it would be showing at those theaters...

Did you see this at IMAX theaters or just ones that have the Real D technology?

the website seems to have added more things now...i don't remember seeing a multimedia option, and the blog is filled in a bit

to bad Mysterious Ways isnt in the movie. I know alot of people are sick of the song live but i think it realy took on a new life on the vertigo tour easpecily on the 4th and 5th legs

Also my friend is going with me and isnt too found of MW I figured when he heard the live version with that edge solo he would be turned around on the song

gorman said:
Okay, this is weird... check out this official press release: http://www.u23d.co.uk/pdf/u23d.pdf

It seems to imply that COBL, OOTS, and MW are all included. Very strange.

Read it again...

It says "Over 100 hours of 3D footage was shot documenting a set list that during two weeks included such seminal U2 songs as..." which means that those songs were part of the 100 hours shot, but no necessarily put in the movie.

That's how I'm reading it.

:shrug:

Allegra said:

Read it again...

It says "Over 100 hours of 3D footage was shot documenting a set list that during two weeks included such seminal U2 songs as..." which means that those songs were part of the 100 hours shot, but no necessarily put in the movie.

That's how I'm reading it.

:shrug:

Yeah, I figured that was the logic behind it. Still, it seems weird to be mentioning songs in a press release for a movie that aren't in it.

Back
Top Bottom