Two Questions: Who is that girl roadie and are there really cameras on the Ver. tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeIsTooSexy

ONE love, blood, life
Ive been wondering who that girl roadie is who sets up microphones and stuff. She looks sort of young;; im curious on how you actually become a roadie for them.
And also on the Vertigo DVD extra they say that there are 'fan cameras' that the band can see and watch their fans. Is that true? and is it the same for the 06' tour too? I dunno how that works;;jw.

The roadie's name is Rachel. I can't remember her last name, though I know her full name is somewhere in the tour program.

Roadies don't usually start out working for big-name acts, or, if they do, they usually start at the very bottom of the ladder doing grunt work and have to work their way up. Some of U2's crew, like Joe O'Herlihy, have been with them from the start. Larry's drum tech Sam O'Sullivan has been with them for quite awhile, too, and Dallas joined Edge back in 1987 after working since the mid 70s for many other bands. Rocko's first job was with Styx, I think as a guitar tech, and it took him 20 years to work up to being assistant stage manager on the stadium leg of Zoo TV, which is when he started working with U2.

I just finished the first draft of a novel about the crew for a fictional band with about the level of fame U2 had around the Joshua Tree era, so I'm just showing off my roadie research.

It's not nice that you cropped Dallas out of your avatar :tsk:

(just kidding :wink: )

Willie set up security cameras at intervals in the stage rigging and he controls the whole setup with a playstation controller. He was trying to talk the band into doing a webcast of a concert where you could only watch the concert if they could watch you on your own webcam.

Dana

Rachel

rachel-tech.jpg

BonoIsMyMuse said:
The roadie's name is Rachel. I can't remember her last name, though I know her full name is somewhere in the tour program.

Roadies don't usually start out working for big-name acts, or, if they do, they usually start at the very bottom of the ladder doing grunt work and have to work their way up. Some of U2's crew, like Joe O'Herlihy, have been with them from the start. Larry's drum tech Sam O'Sullivan has been with them for quite awhile, too, and Dallas joined Edge back in 1987 after working since the mid 70s for many other bands. Rocko's first job was with Styx, I think as a guitar tech, and it took him 20 years to work up to being assistant stage manager on the stadium leg of Zoo TV, which is when he started working with U2.

I just finished the first draft of a novel about the crew for a fictional band with about the level of fame U2 had around the Joshua Tree era, so I'm just showing off my roadie research.

It's not nice that you cropped Dallas out of your avatar :tsk:

(just kidding :wink: )

Sam joined the U2 crew in 1987.

Guys can wear pigtails with red ribbons. Most don't, but that doesn't automatically mean it's a woman you're looking at. :wink:

rihannsu said:
Willie set up security cameras at intervals in the stage rigging and he controls the whole setup with a playstation controller. He was trying to talk the band into doing a webcast of a concert where you could only watch the concert if they could watch you on your own webcam.

Dana
Sounds like this post I made over at u2mp3's.com:
http://www.u2mp3s.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20639&postcount=3
Here's a picture
U2-Onefilmloop.jpg

She's not so hot in that pic, but she was cute at times during the tour.

Her unofficial nickname is "tank girl"...there were a few posts asking about her during the tour.

shart1780 said:
Did someone seriously say she's hot?

Good grief. She's fuglier than sin. And that's pretty darn ugly.

Oh please grace us with your model like looks, show us a pic, please.

Keep your judgemental comments to yourself, you're just embarassing yourself.

Some very rude judgemental comments from some very outspoken "Christians" on this board. Quite discusting...

i love dallas...i didnt crop him out lol
yeah shes so lucky!
and so they didnt really use the cameras then.

uh, ok. that's the band we're talking about, right?

she goes around saying 1 2 3 4 test test test test test does this one work etc., then scurries off stage.

truth ™

shart1780 said:
Did someone seriously say she's hot?

Good grief. She's fuglier than sin. And that's pretty darn ugly.

Dont be so rude.

Who cares if she's hot or not. She has a cool job.

Back
Top Bottom