Trouble with the forum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been getting the white screen and page not found every once in a while for about a week now. It's not too often though and if I just go back and try again it's fine. The entire forum has gone down a few times recently though right? Like last night.

^this. Just a white screen, when I hit refres or back it's back to normal.

Dear Andy,

This is becoming very annoying, especially since you're charging a considerable amount more for subscriptions than Elvis did. Can you get this fixed? Please?

Love,

VP xo

:angry:

My apologies about the recent down time. Trust me, I don't want you all to have to experience any down time at all. On the bright side, the site is up well over 99.8% of the time so that's pretty good. If you want a refund, just let me know but the ads will be back ;)

^ double post :lol:

Any reason I see this now on lots of the photos? :(

sicyresized.jpg

OMG it resized my pic of Sicy's resized pic! This could be like those picture of a picture of a picture things. LOL

cometresized.jpg

Edit: this one got resized too. LOL :lol:

they really are not big to begin with, so I hope this is a temporary problem.

Any reason I see this now on lots of the photos? :(

I saw it on another forum and liked the idea. I asked for it because opening a thread with pictures so big to where you can only see a quarter of it on your screen and causes horizontal scroll is not only annoying, but makes threads load very slowly and can crash people's browsers. Although, I have asked that the picture size can be a bit bigger before it causes a click to view the original size. I'll check with Andy on that.

Ok that's good then Sicy. I don't mind it except that it was resizing pics that when you clicked it it barely changed at all and wasn't big to begin with. Thanks :up:

My apologies about the recent down time. Trust me, I don't want you all to have to experience any down time at all. On the bright side, the site is up well over 99.8% of the time so that's pretty good. If you want a refund, just let me know but the ads will be back ;)

The problem being that the 0.2% of time it's down comes in bunches, so it seems more frequent.

But thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Sicy, I also like the clickable pictures replacing the giant ones. :up:

Ok I had Andy up the picture resizing to 850 pixels wide. So basically anything that is over 850 pixels wide will be scaled down to 850 then you will have to click, even if its 851... just fyi.
And you can always click on it to get the full size pic, just takes a sec.

:up:

Forum has been up & down a lot this week, so it seems. This morning it was up/down, and this thread, which is one I'm subscribed to, did not show in my User Control Panel even though I had not visited it in a while and knew that bonocomet was the last post yesterday. It was there this morning before it went down, and when I got home, it disappeared. And threads I had already read this morning, like the Soundgarden one, was in my UCP. :der:

And I tried searching the Zoo Station section last night for a thread, and it just spun its wheels. Same this morning.

Apparently there was an outage, the forum needs to re-index and that can take a couple of hours so threads aren't being marked as read or being marked as read but still showing up, etc.

Apparently there was an outage, the forum needs to re-index and that can take a couple of hours so threads aren't being marked as read or being marked as read but still showing up, etc.

Well, I kinda prefer it this way. Now the threads I've read (and/or posted in) still come up in the New Posts search. Better! :up:

All the threads show up as read, whether I've read them or not. Like this one. :angry:
There's no "unread" ones in my UCP.

It looks like the "new posts" feature is working like it should. Fingers crossed!

Edit: Crud, spoke to soon. At least now it's only pulling one or two threads I've already read, and not two pages of them like this morning!

Same thing happened to me this morning Lila.

And yeah the new post thing is messed up too. Showing the read threads in the list. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I'm not enjoying that :( I liked having the read posts neatly ordered.

I did notice however, that to get a part of the forum or thread marked as read, you have to visit it twice. Then it shows as read.

Yeah, I'm completely lost now :(. I need my Not Yet Read indicator back.

But I'm loving that there's no wait time on searches now :yes:

I can't stop email notifications from coming because my token has expired.

EDIT: nevermind, it's ok now! I guess my token got renewed! :)

Back
Top Bottom