Triesen, Liechtenstein Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, on U2log's twitter, there was a post this morning that Gavin Friday promised that we'd have a heart attack at Croke ... :hyper:

haha, well I'm sorry. My cat approved of your feedings though, she jumped off my bed the moment she heard food being put in the bowl.

I'm afraid I don't have any Pi(e) right now.

That's an interesting twitter message. Maybe Matt knows more since he was in the VIP section last night? :hmm:

I'm still hoping for ES in Dublin. And DM. Now Bono snippeted it I'm actually quite convinced they WILL play it.

I'll give you money to buy pie when you go out. It would make an excellent dessert. Possibly a respectable one ...

You know, I really should've grabbed food when I went down earlier.

Haven't spoken to Matt yet today ... he's twittered that his flight from Schiphol back to Berlin has been delayed. Will see if he knows anything.

By the way, haven't found any source for that claim that 11OTT was rehearsed ... do you have one?

I'll ask when DG comes back online, she told me that. And I think it was U2tour who twittered about the rehearsals of UTEOTW and Elevation.

What flavour of pie would you like?

Oh bugger, it's so gonna rain soon.

I would bring you some food, but, y'know, that would require me getting up.

Cool, thanks. I haven't seen any mention of 11OTT on the Twitter accounts I've checked. I'm also a bit confused about Amsterdam I's soundcheck, since U2Start reports a full band soundcheck (including Elevation), while ... I think it was either atu2 or U2Log mentioned it was just the crew. Apparently the best place to hear the soundcheck, due to the stadium being closed, was from the carpark beneath the stadium.

I love berry pies myself. I'll ask Alison what she'd like too.

And forecasts indicate we're going to get rained on at the first Dublin gig ...

Hm, am reading twitters myself now. Can't finda nything yet. Apparently there's a CT music video now. IMO they should just use footage of the remix live. I'm sure they taped everything filmed with those HD cameras for the screen anyway! That would be a mindfuck of a single! :lol:

Turns out Bono was snippeting O Come All Ye Faithful at the start of Crazy Tonight last night ... :laugh:

I'd also swear that Crazy Tonight was snippeted in BD last night, the "change of heart" bit. Need to look up some audio to snippet-check it as I wasn't sure what else Bono was singing.

Turns out Bono was snippeting O Come All Ye Faithful at the start of Crazy Tonight last night ... :laugh:

I'd also swear that Crazy Tonight was snippeted in BD last night, the "change of heart" bit. Need to look up some audio to snippet-check it as I wasn't sure what else Bono was singing.

Ah I couldn't make that out. :lol:

Hm, I don't remember hearing that.

I really need a 21/07 bootleg. We are so playing that on my birthday. I invited Januarystar over for my BBQ since we missed out on meeting eachother at the gig.

:wave: Hello there Daniel!

Good lord, Matt's doing 13 consecutive gigs right now. :crack:

I suppose he does take them more easily than I do though ...

I really need a 21/07 bootleg. We are so playing that on my birthday. I invited Januarystar over for my BBQ since we missed out on meeting eachother at the gig.

:wave: Hello there Daniel!

Sounds good to me. :up:

And hey Daniel, how's it going?

Wow 13 is a lot. :crack: Though yeah, he comes in later and walks around and such, that's easier than aiming for front row!

I totally want to do this again for at least one of the Dub shows. My spot last night was perfect, I want you guys to get there too! Having that bridge move right in front of my nose with Bono and Adam walking over it, and then Larry and Dallas stopping right in front of my nose to play. Edge walking by stopping close as well! Perfect place!

Ax :wave:

Its going good, finally moving into our new house next week. Hopefully Tuesday. things are good I guess, not half as fun as your adventures, though!

I'm not so sure I'm keen on being on the outer rail. I just like being in no-stress spots where I don't have to put much energy into guarding my spot or worrying about any crush.

That said, it sounds like a sweet place to be ...

Well I'm getting two airbeds. Was hoping we can do both II and III, since we KNOW they are going to be fucking special!

Dublin one we could take it easy to buy t-shirts, perhaps sounddesk again?

fuck, news: People flying from Schiphol can expect loads of delay the next few days. It's the big holiday crowd so it'll take longer to get your passport checked and that kind of stuff. People are advised to arrive earlier.

We need to print out the tickets today.

Yeah, Dublin I probably won't have that flash a set anyway (come on, U2, prove me wrong!). I'm all for hanging around the soundboard and buying merch and stuff at that gig.

Was thinking of doing two different spots for Dublin II and III ...

That might be good. How was the crowd on the outside compared to that in the inner zone?

Same! The people next to me had been in line since 7am! There's the same kind of crowd the first few rows in front as inside. Though the little girl from u2tour.de next to me wasn't much into it! The rest of the crowd went nuts anyway!

I was glad that when the boys came close people didn't start pushing, that was my only worry. I didn't get crushed, yay!

2009%20-%20360%20Degrees%20Tour%2F2009-07-21%20-%20Amsterdam%20%28Photos%20by%20Matthias%20Muehlbradt%29%2F2009-07-21_22-14-16_P1070166.JPG

:lmao:

OK, I think I shall venture downstairs for food, despite leg muscle protestations ...

So, it's going to rain for the first two Dublin gigs, apparently.

Maybe you should get the black one for variety! Show those U2 fools that variety matters.

Last night's setlist party makes me sad. I cannot believe people are actually STILL complaining about the setlist. :|
People wanted variation, U2 GAVE THEM A FUCKING VARIATION. HOW CAN THEY STILL COMPLAIN?

Sorry but Elevation, Vertigo, SBS, and even Pride and WOWY Rocked the fuck out of the stadium. I cannot believe people who don't want to hear all thse songs. Understood if you don't like one or two of them, but all of them? Selfish idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom