Tribute Band : Unforgettable Fire *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
quiv said:
maybe, but, it can also be said for musicians who are satisfied spending prolonged periods of their life trying mimic greatness. with no aspiration to create it.

as for the link, i hope you found it funny. and that was my only intention.

thanks for the criticism u2philly - i stand blinded by your insight and...... maturity

Hmm maturity, I dont think you know what that word means. If you never seen the band, then you have no right to critize them. I didnt find that immature link funny or your sarcasim. I think you need to grow up and start getting real. There are fans of the band on here. Have some respect for those who are.

when you figure out what the definition of originality and creativity is, (see your earlier posts) then question my vocabulary skills. i would never question yours.

(i hope they pay you for this)

just a thought, why not start your own fan board, if you feel it's so special and there are so many fans? kidding. relax. my sarcasm was never for your enjoyment

Last edited:
Hi there.

I'm the guitar technician for UF, and I'd like to thank everyone for their kind words.

Unforgettable Fire is a most certainly a tribute...we pay homage to the music of U2, and we most certainly do not "rape" their reputation and music.

We're fans just like the rest of you...and like you, we just like having fun with U2's music, that's all. If we are guilty of "capitalizing" of the boys, rest assured that we put it all back into the operation (Power tubes for a Vox AC-30 sure are expensive!) :ohmy:

Again, thank you for all the support you have given us through the years...hope to see you at the next show! :wave:

Sincerely,

Andy

Andy I just seen UF this weekend and they rocked wildwood. You the guy with the dark hair with the crew shirt on right??? UF rocked Wildwood, the show last saturday was great and made my birthday one of the greatest. Im the one who was on stage with Mysterious Ways.. hee hee.. I didnt expect to do that. But the music just had me going. Dont listen to quiv. He has no right sayin anything without even seeing the band. He has a grudge against u2 tribute bands. Hes proberly jealous for he cant sound so good.

Glad you enjoyed the show!

It was an absolute madhouse! :ohmy:

The load in/out was rather difficult, but the show was certainly worth it.

Thanks again for your support!

Mad wasnt the word for it.. lol. people jumping on stage, laying on stage. lol CRAZY!!! But fun. This was my sisters first time seeing the band. She is not a u2 fan, but she was amazed and has nothing but compliments about the band. She loved the show.

quiv said:
when you figure out what the definition of originality and creativity is, (see your earlier posts) then question my vocabulary skills. i would never question yours.

(i hope they pay you for this)

just a thought, why not start your own fan board, if you feel it's so special and there are so many fans? kidding. relax. my sarcasm was never for your enjoyment

believe i dont enjoy your rudness whatsoever. you are judging people who you have never seen or heard before. You been on this subject to long, maybe you should go and post other places if you dont like the band! other words... GET LOST!

my sarcasm and rudeness, once again, was never for your enjoyment.

i think i'll spend way too much of my time, standing in front of a mirror, trying to act like someone else now. and hopefully, some insightful individual, will find me interesting and even creative.

(once again - not for your enjoyment)

god bless you

quiv said:
my sarcasm and rudeness, once again, was never for your enjoyment.

i think i'll spend way too much of my time, standing in front of a mirror, trying to act like someone else now. and hopefully, some insightful individual, will find me interesting and even creative.

(once again - not for your enjoyment)

god bless you

God bless you too...BTW, if you're interested...oh, I dunno, just having a good time, come check us out.

Hey, maybe if you spend enough time in front of that mirror, we may give you a job...:D

who might that be under tony's elbow?
uf3.jpg

u2philly
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You Andy for working and helping the band. You are surely UF's Dallas. thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
:eyebrow:

quiv do us all a favor... we get it. you don't like cover/tribute whatever you wanna call 'em bands. fine... you're entitled to your opinion. but please do us this one favor, either see the band in person before you bash the shit out of 'em, or just leave. we understand ya' don't like 'em, you've made your point, move it right along now.

quiv said:
u2philly
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You Andy for working and helping the band. You are surely UF's Dallas. thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
:eyebrow:

Hey, it's a job! :p
Still practicing in front of that mirror? We may have an opening somewhere, LOL...

It was lotso' fun! The only problem was that we had to cut the setlist short, especially towards the end. Oh well...

great set... bb's is quite the place. i was very impressed, and you could tell the crowd was too... well... except for those two idiots who started fighting with a girl off to the side left of the stage... ironicly right next to where i was standing. ehh... what'cha gonna do :shrug: hopefully they'll bring you guys back again soon... until then, it's back to flannery's october 17th

Last edited:
Was one of those idiots that weirdo with the tatoos on his back?
That guy gave us all the creeps. I like the place, but as far as security, I thought it was rather lax...the only thing they worried about keeping secure was the backstage area. Chaos reigned elsewhere, it seems.

AndyUF said:
It was lotso' fun! The only problem was that we had to cut the setlist short, especially towards the end. Oh well...

Why did you have to cut the set list?? They didnt want you to play that long??

AndyUF said:
Was one of those idiots that weirdo with the tatoos on his back?
That guy gave us all the creeps. I like the place, but as far as security, I thought it was rather lax...the only thing they worried about keeping secure was the backstage area. Chaos reigned elsewhere, it seems.

yeah from the wildwood show, diffently need security. In flannerys Andy I didnt see any security.. but that was only the one time I was there. I personally think Uf need a place with a bigger stage. And room for Tony to move around.

stage size wasn't a problem at b.b.king's... stage was pretty damn big, complete with video screens on the side. i didn't catch who was actually doing the fighting... i didn't see it start, even though it was a mere 5 feet to my left. paying too much attention to the stage i guess. but the comotion did catch the corner of my eye... lot of pushing, some dick of a guy took a swing at a girl. real manly thing to do. no big deal... seen plenty of bar fights worse than that, but i do agree with ya on the security... for a place that holds as many people as b.b.'s does, there weren't any visable bouncers or anything. on an unrelated point, i think i left my sunglasses there damn it :rant: can't find 'em anywhere. :shrug: dem's the breaks when ya start drinkin' the ol' guinness at 3 in the afternoon... by 1 in the morning ya' tend to forget where you put stuff.

Glad you had a great time. Im really glad to hear the stage was large!! woooooo hoooooooooo! UF deserves a bigger stage and bigger venue. Im glad they played there hopefully next time I will be there. Im going to see another Tribute band on Friday in Philly called Pride. Im hearing they are not that good. I know they arnt as great as UF. And I dont think any tribute would. Uf is so much like U2.. But hey its a night out. I know soon as i hear something I dont like I will be at the bar.. lol. night of drinking...

a night of drinking is always good...

i'm still waiting for uf to make their way out to mulcahy's in wantagh, LI... they've got a big stage and a big venue, similar to bb king's... they have billy joel and dave matthews tribute bands play there all the time, and they can't hold a candle to UF.

note: the fact that a good friend of mine lives around the corner and i wouldn't have to drive/take a train has nothing to do with that opinion... seriously... i sware... honestly... alright i'm lying.

http://www.mulcahys.com

Im only 2 hours away from nyc, the problem is i cant find anyone to go that time of night to see uf, then there is no train to come back at 3am.. so i have to find a hotel to stay at. And that becomes expensive. Im hoping to get to see UF before the New year.. im checking out the schedule waiting for Nov and Dec to be put up. Im also been checking out places in Philadelphia. A lot of places have small stages, size of flannerys. And the places are small. The band simply needs a bigger stage. Im glad you had a great time. UF puts on a great show, they are not U2 but the next thing to them.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
a night of drinking is always good...

i'm still waiting for uf to make their way out to mulcahy's in wantagh, LI... they've got a big stage and a big venue, similar to bb king's... they have billy joel and dave matthews tribute bands play there all the time, and they can't hold a candle to UF.

note: the fact that a good friend of mine lives around the corner and i wouldn't have to drive/take a train has nothing to do with that opinion... seriously... i sware... honestly... alright i'm lying.

Actually, UF has played Mulcahy's before...we had a great crowd, but for whatever reason they haven't returned our phone calls since!

:shrug:

Oh well...Lobby Mulcahy's!!!!

As for the set list revision at BB's...we were under the mistaken impression that we had no time limit, only to discover at about 1:15 that we were only allowed 15 more minutes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom