Tour merchandise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yikes, maybe I'll just get a men's t-shirt. It always seems like the women's sizes are all over the place. I've been burned too many times buying concert shirts that don't fit right.

That's why I usually don't bother with them. The vendors did let us hold different sizes up to ourselves to get an idea, but we went to a stand that had no one else at it. Probably wouldn't be too feasible if it was busy.

CITcy5bXAAAJYL_.jpg:large

It doesn't look like shady guys are selling it, but it does look like a Vertigo rewrite.

oh gaaaawd. Horrific!

The women's tees do run small. Wish I had gone a size up from my norm.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I bought a black flask in Montreal. The t-shirts aren't doing a whole lot for me.

Last edited:
Do the mens sizes run up small? Im normally a medium but thinking to get large off the website

Do the mens sizes run up small? Im normally a medium but thinking to get large off the website

I bought a men's small (since they're cheaper :eyebrow:) and I'd say it fits a bit snugger than the average unisex size small shirt. For reference, I'd usually go with a women's medium.

I've had to move up to the medium in the women's sizes, and was relieved that the one I bought in Phoenix fits just fine.

TO merch

Anyone at the show tonight....did they have city/venue specific stuff? Hopefully they do for the rest of the tour.

I don't think so, but I did see a pic with a new Achtung Baby shirt. The tweet also mentioned JT pic.

The hell are you doing, U2? Bring enough to share with all the cities, or don't sell them at all. :grumpy:

I saw zero merch booths in the accessible area just outside GA, the only merch booth I saw was the one outside the ACC in the hallway going into Union Station. I would have grabbed a t-shirt on my way out but I ended up on the Lake Shore side.

There was a new achtung baby t shirt but more or less the same as the one they were selling on the website. The album cover on a grey t shirt. I saw a picture on instagram. Have they only sold venue t shirts for chicago then?

Merch seems to be as carefully thought out as the second half of the setlist.

For what it is worth, I thought I'd be a smart guy and order the shirt after the show using ye old 25% coupon from U2.com - you know, the one that came with the membership. Turns out the shipping and handling to send me 11 ounces of 2 t-shirts ate up that discount.

To top it off, the shirts I ordered for my sisters (one was the gray SOI sunburst looking thing) arrived and felt so thin I thought it would crumble with one washing.

Sent back for a credit and crossing my fingers -- very disappointed. Hopefully if you purchased at the venue you had a better experience -- but at $45 for the shirt, it has to be $42 of gross profit.

For what it is worth, I thought I'd be a smart guy and order the shirt after the show using ye old 25% coupon from U2.com - you know, the one that came with the membership. Turns out the shipping and handling to send me 11 ounces of 2 t-shirts ate up that discount.

To top it off, the shirts I ordered for my sisters (one was the gray SOI sunburst looking thing) arrived and felt so thin I thought it would crumble with one washing.

Sent back for a credit and crossing my fingers -- very disappointed. Hopefully if you purchased at the venue you had a better experience -- but at $45 for the shirt, it has to be $42 of gross profit.

As I get older (there, I said it) I find it harder to justify dropping $40+ for a t-shirt that I will likely never wear. I have Vertigo and 360 shirts that I have never worn. I do still wear one of my Elevation shirts - but my favorite one is the U2 Go Home shirt I got with the fanclub CD a few years ago. Nice heavy quality shirt, never seems dated.

Does anybody know what the sizing is like for the hoodies? Are they decent quality?

(Also: my first Interference post in over five years! :hyper: )

How long is it between people ordering merch from U2.com and getting it? Ordered a hoodie and shirt to be sent here to Aus, like others said the 25% discount merely cancels out the postage.

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

The venues must be making these, right? :crack:

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1436619707.190319.jpg

The venues must be making these, right? :crack:

View attachment 10236

the Chicago one was just as bad and it sold out on night 1, wasn't available on night 2, and only had in certain sizes on night 3…I bought it on night 3 because I could but then I immediately had buyers remorse. I'm not sure I'll ever wear it other than to a U2 concert. :crack:

I got the Chicago one on night two. It is a masterpiece compared to that Boston one. Guess if there are no others I won't bother trying to find it tonight. Thanks for posting the pic though.

Last edited:
The Chicago tee was also not terribly attractive. The new kids tee is kind of cute but not at $35.00. But I am not a merch person. Not including my U2.com membership, I only bought the Vertigo tour book and the key chain, which broke pretty quickly. ?

I got one at the second floor merch stand at the top of the stairs/escalators by Gate 2. Try that one tonight. They did say they had limited quantities & something about getting their quantity cut in half compared to what they should have, so that's probably why they didn't have them at all stands.

A friend got one the first night. Did see a teenage girl wearing one on the bus back to Michigan Ave - only saw the back and thought she made it.
I did see 2 being sold on ebay for something like 69.00 - but haven't seen them since right after the Chicago shows.

Back
Top Bottom