Tour Dates Announcement on 9 March - U2360°

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a couple of questions to anyone who knows - do you specify seating or standing when buying presale tickets or is it all just randomised?? Also, going by previous presales, how many tickets can you buy in one go - how do you go about buying tickets for more than one gig?? Thanks a lot guys x

I think you can pick. Not everyone can do GA for different reasons. It has been so long since the last presale, but I got GA through the presale

Just a quick question. When they put presale tickets aside for the people with subscriptions, do they put aside the good seats that are close to the stage?

Last time, for the indoor shows a lot of the tickets in the presale were really crap, which was one of the reasons people were so unhappy with the presale - for the outdoor shows that was less of a problem I think (though there were plenty of other problems with the outdoor presales). They got so much criticism last time, and acknowledged publicly that they had screwed up, hopefully things will be different this time - though with LiveNation involved, nothing's certain.

Just got a couple of questions to anyone who knows - do you specify seating or standing when buying presale tickets or is it all just randomised?? Also, going by previous presales, how many tickets can you buy in one go - how do you go about buying tickets for more than one gig?? Thanks a lot guys x

Last time, after getting your code validated at U2.com you were taken to the regular Ticketmaster site (or Ticktackticket, or Ticketnet or whoever) and the process was the same as any regular purchase from Ticketmaster - though the selection of tickets set aside for the presale wasn't necessarily very good. It was one show per member - I think it was 2 tickets for the indoor shows and 4 for outdoor.

It's now on u2.com.

Tour Announcement Coming Up
28 February 2009
On March 9th, the band will announce details of where and when they'll be hitting the road this year - but dates and venues are yet to be finalised and fans are advised to steer clear of groups claiming to have tickets available now.

Details of countries, cities, venues and dates will be revealed on U2.Com in nine days time and no-one has any tickets yet.

'The tour will be officially announced on March 9th and the schedule is subject to change of date and location till then,' said Paul McGuinness, manager of the band. 'It would be crazy to buy tickets before the announcement on U2.com.'

Arthur Fogel, CEO Global Touring and Chairman Global Music at Live Nation, underlined the advice to fans to steer clear of channels claiming to be selling tickets for the tour.

'The tour has not been announced and no tickets should be purchased at this time. ' he said. 'Fans should beware of unofficial and unscrupulous sellers.'

Bottom line ? Don't take a risk on any tickets until you've seen the real dates announced here, on March 9th.

I ended up with terrible seats from the Vertigo presale. I let my membership expire after the first year, and I think I'm chancing it with the general sale this time. That $50 I'd spend on a chance at the presale could buy almost an entire ticket.

Then again, maybe they'll put more GAs into the presale this time. I can't decide what to do. With stadium shows, there will be far more GA tickets than last time, and getting GA should hopefully be easier regardless.

I dont even start my job until some time in march/april...if the tickets go on sale in march, or indeed april, then I cant afford it. :(

If it comes to it I spose Ill have to rely on buying from fans. It all seems a bit much this time round...

Okay people,

what is up w/stadiums in a recession when they could NOT sell out stadiums on Pop? (or am I wrong, did they sell out stadiums on Pop? I think I recall stories of Bono giving away tickets in the french quarter to the NOLA shows, or did I dream that?)

So, when I heard Bono bragging about cheap tickets b-c of the recession, and b-c it is a recession, that makes me think $20 for nosebleeds. I mean, why not?

Read the Bono quotes, and it may be as extreme as 20-200.

Holding my breath,
a

well, if the 25 cities rumor is true it maybe easier for them to sell out the stadiums in the US. It's definitely less than they did on the POP tour if I am not mistaken...

Axver were are ya?:D

OhNozOMG.gif

That was me last night... it still is, although I've run out of energy for actual external physical panic. :lol:

:chewsfingernails:

<-- wants to go to Dublin/UK/Holland shows

well, if the 25 cities rumor is true it maybe easier for them to sell out the stadiums in the US. It's definitely less than they did on the POP tour if I am not mistaken...

Axver were are ya?:D

It's slightly less than Popmart's first leg, 30 (of which one, Raleigh, didn't happen).

Popmart's third leg was also North American stadiums and had 18 shows.

I don't think this is comparable with Pop. You gotta remember that album wasn't received well at first, and it was barely out before the tour started.
At the moment I think U2 are way more popular with the concert going crowd than they were 12 years ago. They can sell out about anything I think.

You need to go to those shows ALi! :yes: Cause I'm going to aim for them too! But I'm not sure if I can afford going to all the shows, I at least want the three Amsterdam ones, the rest I'll see what tix I can get.

You need to go to those shows ALi! :yes: Cause I'm going to aim for them too! But I'm not sure if I can afford going to all the shows, I at least want the three Amsterdam ones, the rest I'll see what tix I can get.

True, hopefully the tix will be at recessionrates, because I'd like to see more shows (abroad too) than only here in Holland!! :wink:

Ooh really? Neither of us were actually aware. Don't suppose you could post a scan?

Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner. I can try to find one at work this week.

Otherwise another Dutch forum member maybe can scan it...?

If it doesn't work I can always send it to you. But it's ion Dutch! :hmm:

Maybe this new setup was designed to make more people fit in the stadiums, so that they were able to play less gigs? Seems that some of the band members don't feel for touring very long...

Rolling Stone Feb 27
We want to play for each other as much as we want to play for the crowd this time," Bono adds. "You just don't know how long you will be going to be doing this. I just sat everyone down the other day, because some concerns about the tour had come up, and nobody wants to be away from their families. I just said, 'This is an unbelievable and rare opportunity to be in this band and to play at this level. You don't know what is around the corner, you don't know if you will be up for it or the audience will be up for it. Right now, we are perfectly riding across those two thoughts and every single night should be the best night of your life. If not, then we are just the worst of those Seventies dinosaur bands that felt it was enough to just turn up and play and that people were lucky to be in their presence.

Ooh really? Neither of us were actually aware. Don't suppose you could post a scan?

Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner. I can try to find one at work this week.

Otherwise another Dutch forum member maybe can scan it...?

If it doesn't work I can always send it to you. But it's ion Dutch! :hmm:

Also, if U2 are going to charge less for tickets on this tour, they're going to need to sell more tickets to make the kind of money they're used to. Which is why they're going to sell 100% of the seats in the stadiums. Giant's Stadium holds 80,000... not 55,000 like the concert stats report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom