to those who grew up in the 80s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nintendo?
nah, it wasnt the fun we all had with Atari

Grand Prix and Combat!
Night Driver!
Olympics with Bruce Jenner!

Chizip said:
(what helped big time was I picked Arizona as the computer team. They would always try the flee flicker play and I'd tackle the quarterback before they pitched it to him, but they would still pitch it so I could pick it up and run it back for a TD most of the time)

What is really sad is that I know exactly what you are talking about, still! :laugh:

Re: Re: Re: to those who grew up in the 80s

Dismantled said:

My brother and I were hugh Contra fans:drool: remember Contra? and Mike Tysons Punch Out:lmao: and yes I did try shooting that damn Duck Hunt dog everytime:madspit: :wink:

What do I remember about the 80's:hmm:Jams :lmao: omg....no I never had any:shifty: I remember getting a Beta machine......:laugh:

I loved Contra!! I still play Nintendo every once in awhile. I was thinking of buying that game off of ebay. I recently bought Bubble Bobble. And randhail is right about the Contra code.

I dont even know how to explain this, but it was this toy instrument I had around 1984, it was white, kinda like a long stick, and in the middle of it where all these buttons to make different musical notes, it ran on batteries, anyone remember this? all the kids on my street had one as well

DeadMansParty said:
I dont even know how to explain this, but it was this toy instrument I had around 1984, it was white, kinda like a long stick, and in the middle of it where all these buttons to make different musical notes, it ran on batteries, anyone remember this? all the kids on my street had one as well

Did you ever see that SNL skit where one of the girls doing the news had this toy, where she had to rub it , stroke it, and pull it. Each time she did it, the machine would yell harder, faster, yeah,uh, harder, faster, etc. It turned sexual as the machine got more excited. It was hilarious and reminded of those kinds of toys you are talking about.

Cabbage patch dolls, Barbies, the fake horses on springs, rubber bracelets that came in all kinds of colours......and PAC MAN!

I STILL LOVE PAC MAN.

Awww...the memories. If wars were fought with Nerf weapons, the world would be much happier...and Nerfier.

NERF.JPG

Ah, the 80s...

Barbie's horses ... I had the black one and the palimino.

The dayglo fad lasted about two minutes, but every girl had to have a dayglo sweatshirt or t-shirt in my school. I wore lemon...

The assymetrical haircut.

The Joshua Tree.

I had about three pairs of Jelly shoes in different colors. They left these horrible impressions on my feet, but I didn't care 'cause I was hip! Or so I thought. :huh:

Bono got rid of his '80s mullet long before I got rid of mine. :ohmy: :reject:

I have stronger Atari and Intelevision memories than I do of Nintendo or Colecovision, etc. Sadly, I still recall that my favorite play call for Intelevision football was 9-3-1-7, a screen pass to the receiver at the top of the screen.

I did play a lot of Tecmo Bowl, though, I would be the Giants. Lawrence Taylor was fast enough to block PAT's and Field Goals....and, if Simms was having a bad day, I could put Hostetler in, he was too fast to get sacked.

For arcade games, Ms. Pac Man, Galaga, Elevator Action, Decathlon, some insane game called Tutankahman......Scrambler.....dragon's lair.....etc...

In remember Koosh Balls, too, but I think that was more of a 90's thing.

Tough to top the CD player, when it comes to serious replies to this. :)

The rubik's cube is one of the first things that enters my mind when I think of the 80's. Nerf stuff existed before the 80's, I believe, but I loved that stuff.

The Joshua Tree was a great 80's invention, sure. So were Neumann padded and fur lined football gloves, perfect for playing football in the winter.

Like a lot of you, I could go on and on......

I didnt grow up in the 80's :reject:
But I was a product of it and I consider myself quite the little invention :sexywink:
I had jams....and yes Im a girl :rolleyes:
I loooooved duckhunt except I would get mad and bash the TV screen with the stupid gun

anybody mentioned gameboy yet?

u2valleygirl said:
This product called Sun In that you put in your hair when you were laying out. It turned my hair orange.

Im a natural blonde but I still do use that stuff now but thankfully it's never turned my hair orange,lol. What I remember about growing up in the 80's was high tops! Who could forget when Pony's were a popular shoe?! lol. And wasn't it in the late 80's when Reebok developed the shoe that you could actually pump with? lol. Also I clearly remember that damn god in duck hunt and cheating,lol. As for tv does anyone remember Double Dare or even Fun House? Talk about wanting to be on those shows! lol.

Re: Re: to those who grew up in the 80s

Chizip said:

i hated that dog, why wouldnt he die??

tecmo superbowl is still the greatest game ever created :drool: those cheerleaders were damn hot too

how about slap bracelets and those yo yo balls that automatically came back no matter what so you could do lots of tricks

I HATE THE DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Slap bracelets rocked...

Does anyone remember those hotdogger outfits? They were like the sergio tacchini sweatsuits..

I hate the f'ing Duck Hunt dog too. Grrrrrrrr...His mocking laugh...grrrrrrr...

I loved Tetris, Double Dare, Barbie horses, and My Little Pony.

Thunder Cats was cool too. Mumra used to give me nightmares though. :hmm:

Was Street Fighter a Nintendo game? I rocked that game.

Angela Harlem said:
spokey dokies :lmao:

Werd!

spokey-dokeys.jpg

yimou said:
Anybody remember this game ?

donkey.jpg

Classic

Wow, been a long time since I've seen once o' those.

Anyone mention the C64 yet? Nike Air shoes? Scratch & sniff stickers? Popples? That weird Simon game? Frosty mugs?

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?......

Ferris was sexy :combust:
I had slap bracelets but I didnt use them as bracelets if i recall.... :hmm:

I so wanted a pair of the shoes you pumped up with the little basketball thing in the tongue of the shoe

I grew up in the 90's though so I remember fighting with kids over their pogs

Awwwwwwww Ferris Bueller what a cutie pie! :drool: . Even now in the later years that movie is still cool! lol. Does anyone remember those moon shoes? You know the ones that you strapped onto your feet and as you walked you bounced? lol.

Popples, yeah I remember those. You could roll them up into a ball. One night I decided to use the ball as a pillow. My neck was so stiff. I remember my dad bought me some Twizzlers and that helped.

Back
Top Bottom