To Answer The Last Thread's Question, No (AKA New Album Speculation)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because AB will get a super deluxe thing doesnt mean that the other two wont get regular deluxe editions.

I didn't say they wouldn't, just that I don't think they'll be released at the same time.

I would think they want the sole focus on the AB release, just like JT and UF.

Screw Zooropa and Walk On. If they want to attach the jump leads and give this anemic show a pulse again they need to bring back Mofo.

With the Even better than the real thing and Crazy tonight remix, and the band said to be working on a reworking of Magnificent for the live shows, something like that or Discotheque would work better in the show. :yes:

With the Even better than the real thing and Crazy tonight remix, and the band said to be working on a reworking of Magnificent for the live shows, something like that or Discotheque would work better in the show. :yes:

Yeah i agree - zooropa is a great song, but i have a feeling the audience reception won't be so great for it. In terms of rarities, mofo or discotheque would probably be more appropriate for the tour.

Okay everyone had to say this. Pop is underrated. Discotheque is great live. But quit clamoring for it to be included in every show. Its not *that* good.

I'd take a Miami/Playboy Mansion medley over Crazy. That's how much I can't stand it. According to Eno they spent MONTHS working on Crazy. Months...the mind boggles.

I was there in Chicago when they brought back Disco during the last tour and it was met with only fair response.

I was there in Toronto when they brought back Discotheque, with the Pop Muzik encore entrance, and the crowd went ballistic.

They should take a survey at each city they're planning on playing to find out what everyone wants to hear, so they can be assured of a ballistic reaction.

That should take care of it, I'm sure. ;)

I'd go more mental if they replaced crazy tonight with discotheque

Disco is the kind of song that begs to be paired with another party song. Crazy kinda sucks (it coasts after the first verse), but they'd work well together as evidenced by Bono's tendency to throw bits of Discotheque into Crazy Tonight.

According to Eno they spent MONTHS working on Crazy. Months...the mind boggles.

And it still managed to be fit for background music in a dentist's waiting room. They completely lost the plot at some point.

I'd rather the album version and the side of latter day U2 that represents didn't exist, and I think they could do that U2-Does-Dance/Claw-Does-Nightclub slot so, so, so much better.

I'm just listening to that live remix version, supposed "highlight" of the tour, and it's just... lame, for the lack of a better word. The bassline which is supposed to be the backbone of the arrangement is generic, the best part of the original version (that guitar riff which comes after the bridge) is gone, and it is overlong and painfully repetitive - especially when corny-ass Bono repeats "I'm gonna go crazy" for like 467 times. It goes absolutely nowhere. Larry and Edge contribute little to nothing to the song. U2 has always been reaching with implementing pre-recorded instrumentation into the song - here they simply noodle over a pre-recorded track. And the transition to Sunday Bloody Sunday is awkward and unfitting. Maybe a day will come when Discotheque and Mofo replace it.

Or not.

I thought it was cool that they had the nerve to make a remix of a new song a staple of the show... but, as a lot of you have said, i think they could do a hell of a lot better.

I think CT is a pretty damn cheesy song, and that cheesiness crosses over into the remix, and it just comes off as incredibly awkward. I think they should try remixes of their other new songs out, see if they have the same effect - i wonder what the magnificent one sounds like :hmm:

No new album news, but there's this: :crack:

Rap-Up.com || Swizz Beatz Builds ‘Skyscrapers’ with Kanye West and Bono on New Album

Swizz Beatz is reaching stadium status on his second album Haute Living. The producer-rapper landed a coveted collaboration with U2’s Bono and Kanye West for a track called “Skyscrapers.”

While promoting his partnership with Reebok, Swizzy revealed the all-star cut. “It’s me, Bono, and Kanye on this one song called ‘Skyscrapers,’” he told Paper magazine. “I recorded with Kanye in the studio and then I recorded with Bono in this actual studio right here.”

There's about 20 seconds of it available 'around', if you can be bothered. It's either this, or another track off this that he's on. Starts off with a Clocks-ish piano part from John Legend, crunchy beat drops in, then Bono comes howling over the top. It's pretty cool. No sign of Kanye on that sample though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom