Ticket Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2387

Refugee
I know the general answer to this: the GA floor are the least expensive, around $45 for the Vertigo tour, and the rest ranged up to about $125 somewhere there if I recall correctly.

I talked to someone today who says she got the tickets through Citibank(her dad is a high up client of theirs) and paid $2500 for GA floor! My question, does anyone know if: 1.) U2 sells tickets that expensive to corporations like Citibank with the full understanding that the excess goes to charity and to help make the $45 general public price affordable? or 2.) U2 has no such agreement with any company and Citibank just decided to take a wealthy financial planner client to the cleaners because he wanted his daughter to be able to see U2?

This girl claimed that "$2500" was right on the ticket, find that very hard to believe unless the 1st possibility I mentioned was the case.

She tried to justify by saying it was at MSG in NYC, so prices are bound to be high, not true, as we know, its the same damn size as any other arena in any other major city in America. Lack of understanding of economics.

It's possible that Citibank has some sort of corporate sponsorship at MSG, so they get a certain number of tickets for all the shows. What they do with those tickets is up to them--it may be that your friend's father had to do some sort of business worth $2500 to get the tickets. It's unlikely the band has anything to do with it.

It's possible that Citibank has some sort of corporate sponsorship at MSG, so they get a certain number of tickets for all the shows. What they do with those tickets is up to them--it may be that your friend's father had to do some sort of business worth $2500 to get the tickets. It's unlikely the band has anything to do with it.

Thats what I was leaning toward- thank you for the reassurance! Probably had this sponsorship you suggest if in fact $2500 was on the ticket. I had explained to her that there is no way U2 would ever charge that much for the ticket. This was just a casual fan blown alway by a live performance, not someone who knew how U2 historically prices tickets, concert industry dynamics, etc and I did not want to argue as she is too nice a girl. Its probably exactly as you say- venue-Citibank agreement as opposed to U2-Citibank agreement.

Last tour wasnt there a few venues that had combo luxury box and GA packages. If i remember it was something like $20,000 for a box of eight and included a box and 8 GA's a party and parking passes. its all a bit fuzzy after 3 years

I don't think that they would ever charge that much for a ticket. Bono always thanks the crowd for spending thier hard earned cash during the show.

I find this hard to believe myself. I believe the band mates themselves do everything possible to help keep ticket prices somewhat reasonable and accessible for their fans and as laramullen states, they always thank the crowds at their shows for spending hard earned money on them.

Last tour wasnt there a few venues that had combo luxury box and GA packages. If i remember it was something like $20,000 for a box of eight and included a box and 8 GA's a party and parking passes. its all a bit fuzzy after 3 years

But most likely venue as opposed to band, correct? I know for a fact venues do not let bands that come in sell every single seat in the house even for a band as big as U2. They always hold some back for sponsors, VIPS, etc.

For example, tickets sold for Celtics games at the Boston garden number 18500 for a sell out Pistons game. U2, George Michael, Tom Petty, Coldplay, AC/DC- all the bands that have sold out the place since I've worked there have had 17300-17600 tickets sold depending on whether some sections are closed for vidiwalls, screens, etc. They hold more back for once in a while concerts than they do for nightly sporting events- I know for a fact that place can get up to 19,000.

Back
Top Bottom