Three Cocks, Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:
Tonight has seen much better quality performances. Not so much in the way of the lulz though.

Damn. Is there anybody still to come, though?

I see things back in my hometown are devolving into a circus with regards to upgrading the local airport: http://www.stuff.co.nz/4500576a11.html

And WTF? They want to do flights from Paraparaumu to Auckland and Christchurch? Good God, people. Palmerston North and Wellington really aren't far away.

coolian2 said:
Ok, i just saw Dulux has a paint colour called Basin Reserve, because they're calling their paints the colour of New Zealand.

The colour is grey.

Humph.

How the FUCK is it not green?!

coolian2 said:
The winner is...........................................Debbie Harry.

I called it about 20 minutes ago, thank you.

Kim would be proud.

Axver said:
I see things back in my hometown are devolving into a circus with regards to upgrading the local airport: http://www.stuff.co.nz/4500576a11.html

And WTF? They want to do flights from Paraparaumu to Auckland and Christchurch? Good God, people. Palmerston North and Wellington really aren't far away.

Fuck that, Ozjet just bailed on flying Sydney - Paraparaumu.

People are lazy. And uh, is there any space to do anything at Paraparaumu airport?

coolian2 said:

I don't have any opinion polls at hand, but i think they're pulling it back a bit.

They need to pull it back more than a bit. Hopefully someone high up in the Nationals gets linked to Osama bin Laden or Saddam Hussein or George Bush ...

coolian2 said:

Fuck that, Ozjet just bailed on flying Sydney - Paraparaumu.

People are lazy. And uh, is there any space to do anything at Paraparaumu airport?

Don't you mean Sydney - Palmy North?

I didn't think there was any space left, especially as so much land has been sold for residential development in the last decade or so! But apparently there must be. Either way, they're still pretty fucked by the Tararuas - that's why Rongotai was developed.

Oh, Ian, my favourite idea for Wellington's airport location has GOT to be the suggestion to convert Mana Island into an airport. Clearly somebody didn't think that one through. Sure, Mana Island is pretty flat. But, uh, there's this issue of a lot of water between it and the North Island ...

Axver said:

Don't you mean Sydney - Palmy North?

I didn't think there was any space left, especially as so much land has been sold for residential development in the last decade or so! But apparently there must be. Either way, they're still pretty fucked by the Tararuas - that's why Rongotai was developed.
I may have meant that. All the zany airline plans begin to run together. I know i read somewhere Paraparaumu were looking for trans-tasman service.

Axver said:
Oh, Ian, my favourite idea for Wellington's airport location has GOT to be the suggestion to convert Mana Island into an airport. Clearly somebody didn't think that one through. Sure, Mana Island is pretty flat. But, uh, there's this issue of a lot of water between it and the North Island ...

:laugh:

Someone is eventually going to suggest lining up several decommissioned Inter-islander ferries to serve as an airport.

coolian2 said:

I may have meant that. All the zany airline plans begin to run together. I know i read somewhere Paraparaumu were looking for trans-tasman service.

A trans-Tasman service out of Paraparaumu would be absolutely fucking stupid. I'd go fly it just for the lulz, but but what a daft idea.

What next? Somebody will develop a Porirua Airport because 20 minutes to Wellington or Paraparaumu is just too much?

coolian2 said:

:laugh:

Someone is eventually going to suggest lining up several decommissioned Inter-islander ferries to serve as an airport.

:lmao:

Not just that, but also as a railway bridge to the South Island! It would be an air-rail interchange!

Axver said:

A trans-Tasman service out of Paraparaumu would be absolutely fucking stupid. I'd go fly it just for the lulz, but but what a daft idea.

What next? Somebody will develop a Porirua Airport because 20 minutes to Wellington or Paraparaumu is just too much?

I'm expecting someone to suggest international service from Ardmore, just after Whenuapai gets needless international service.

It fits in great with Auckland's needless parallel runway that doesn't even work because it's only long enough for domestic flights, which mostly come from the south....but of course they're building the runway to the north of the current one.

coolian2 said:

I'm expecting someone to suggest international service from Ardmore, just after Whenuapai gets needless international service.

It fits in great with Auckland's needless parallel runway that doesn't even work because it's only long enough for domestic flights, which mostly come from the south....but of course they're building the runway to the north of the current one.

:lol: Has any decision actually been taken yet on a second Auckland airport? I'm familiar with the continual back-and-forth bickering about it, but that's it.

coolian2 said:

Let's throw in a bus lane and take the plan to John Key!

And promise him that it will help New Zealand's fight against terrorism because it will make Cook Strait inaccessible to terrorist ships.

coolian2 said:

Brilliant! And we can power it was a nuclear reactor to please any future American Presidents he wants to boof.

And it will be privately run, so it will further the privatisation agenda and not do anything to actually stimulate the Kiwi economy or provide income for the government!

coolian2 said:
I just googled Tax Cunt image hoping to find an amusing picture from an election or two back.

The seventh google hit:
YouTube - Bono at the NAACP Awards

:lmao: :lmao:

Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom