This is a head scratcher..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanner_sis

War Child
Okay,..i just started looking at my On the move book..1 great photos..but 2 why did bono say his mum was catholic and his dad protestant..everything ive read over the years and in official books it was the other way around :crazy: :huh:

No, it IS the other way round, must have been out of nervousness.
I think they should have put it right in the book. Strange thing they didn't.

Yeah he said it wrong at the speech right? So I guess they just put the speech in word for word.

Be careful, girls, before this thread gets merged with "that other one" like mine did. :confused: :wink:

Geez, you mean it might get merged into the one that's about the book, that might actually be in the forum that's about books?

And heck, maybe this was actually mentioned quite a while ago:

(Posted by possibly me, or someone, in the books forum)

03-23-2007 01:21 PM -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The one small thing that surprises me about the book is the "error" that is reproduced from the speech. Those of you who watched it may recall that Bono (probably from nervousness) misspoke, and said that his mother was a Catholic and his father was a Protestant. That was not corrected for the print version, but was left as it was. Strange.

Last edited:
^^ I actually saw that post ;)

So are there any more new African pics in the book, other than the 2 b/w ones of Bono with the African kids we saw posted in the Miscellaneous (?) pics?

do you have a problem with that?
biff said:
Geez, you mean it might get merged into the one that's about the book, that might actually be in the forum that's about books?

And heck, maybe this was actually mentioned quite a while ago:

(Posted by possibly me, or someone, in the books forum)

03-23-2007 01:21 PM -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The one small thing that surprises me about the book is the "error" that is reproduced from the speech. Those of you who watched it may recall that Bono (probably from nervousness) misspoke, and said that his mother was a Catholic and his father was a Protestant. That was not corrected for the print version, but was left as it was. Strange.

Do I have a problem with the thread being merged with the other threads about the book? Not at all. Not sure why someone needed to issue a warning about that. It happens all the time.

Back
Top Bottom