Things I Hate.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the fact that I have 2 million tv channels and there is nothing good on to watch.

I hate prostitots. LOL

Prostitots. :love: That is totally my word of the day.

Kayla, I never thought I would get a word of the day from you, but hey! Who am I to question those greater powers that be?

Also, I have to ask, but will probably regret it......"chug"*???? Can someone please fill me in on the wild new lingo?
I'm old and uncool and I don't know what you crazy kids are sayin these days.

*reference:
But keeping it is annoying when having a chug.

PS. Kayla, I've been meaning to tell you your "new" haircut is really cute. :)

I hate it when your at the gym and people can't use a paper towel or towel on the weight machines and their sweat is all over it. It's just common curtisy.

How bout cleaning off the top of their car. They leave the snow there and it falls right onto the windshield of the person behind them. That could cause an accident and should be a ticket for laziness.

I hate going to a bbq, being told not to bring a thing cuz it's covered, not bringing a thing because I listened to my husband (I know, clearly I wasn't thinking :doh:) and then my kids get one lousy sausage and a bread roll in 7 hours :rant: AND there was no wine :grumpy:

(will now go and say a little prayer of forgiveness for being so ungrateful :reject: )

. . . and whats the bet they'll answer their phones during a movie and have a loud, very boring, conversation with no regards for any one else :angry:

:mad:

I hate when customers come to the counter talking on their phones and shove the things they want to buy at you without even looking. That's my cue to either ignore them and serve the next person or start having a big conversation with them. " Hi, how are you today? Oh this fabric is lovely, how many metres were you after? What are you planning on making? Do you need lining or thread or a zipper to go with that? Would you like a loyalty card?" etc etc etc. I'm very polite :angel:

I hate when customers come to the counter talking on their phones and shove the things they want to buy at you without even looking. That's my cue to either ignore them and serve the next person or start having a big conversation with them. " Hi, how are you today? Oh this fabric is lovely, how many metres were you after? What are you planning on making? Do you need lining or thread or a zipper to go with that? Would you like a loyalty card?" etc etc etc. I'm very polite :angel:

I confess I have done this. Rarely, but I have done it. But I felt bad about it.

And I will go and sin no more.

:reject:

This got me thinking though. . .you ever wonder who those rude cell phone people are? What do they say when these types of "Dontcha hate" conversations come up? Do they defend their behavior? (I don't think I've ever heard anyone do that). Do they just keep quiet and not say anything? (Possible) Or do they pipe up and say "Yeah, I hate that too (Likely). It makes me think that those rude people out there are more often than not actually all of us at one time or another. Maybe it doesn't seem so rude when we're the ones doing it, cause, you know, it's a REALLY important call etc? I don't know. It just seems to me that no one thinks of themselves as the rude asshole person and yet SOME of us have got to be those people. :shrug:

I confess I have done this. Rarely, but I have done it. But I felt bad about it.

And I will go and sin no more.

:reject:

This got me thinking though. . .you ever wonder who those rude cell phone people are? What do they say when these types of "Dontcha hate" conversations come up? Do they defend their behavior? (I don't think I've ever heard anyone do that). Do they just keep quiet and not say anything? (Possible) Or do they pipe up and say "Yeah, I hate that too (Likely). It makes me think that those rude people out there are more often than not actually all of us at one time or another. Maybe it doesn't seem so rude when we're the ones doing it, cause, you know, it's a REALLY important call etc? I don't know. It just seems to me that no one thinks of themselves as the rude asshole person and yet SOME of us have got to be those people. :shrug:

I have done it too :reject: - not often and don't think I've been rude about it, I know I've apologised for being 'one of those people' . . .

There was a story on the local (sydney) news about it the other day - a Bakers Delight somewhere in Sydney has put up signs saying that customers won't be served if talking on mobile phone after one of their staff was treated rather shabbily by a mobile phone chatting customer . .. hurrah for the bakery I say :yes:

I hate supermarket customers, especially old guys.
Yesterday this man asked me a question. He speficially wanted FRESH peas. I told him we didn't sell them, we have canned and dried peas but no fresh ones. He said that was not what he wanted, that he wanted fresh. He walked on. Fine you'd think.

Later he came back showing me a pack of DRIED peas, saying that we DID sell it. I told him No sir, you specifically wanted fresh peas, and these are dried. His reply? "well, these are whole peas too right? that's what I want"

:scream: THEN DON'T ASK ME FOR FRESH DAMNIT. :banghead: How hard is it to just ask what you want to have, instead of giving me a headache. And even IF you need something different, then don't come rub it in while I didn't do anything wrong.

I hate people in general.

OH, and I HATE it when your boiler breaks down in the winter when it's the coldest winter in 12 years and freezes badly at night.

I hate being asked about when I'll start having children. I just think it's a weird question and nobody else's business. Tonight someone called us the "(near) future Mummy and Daddy" :crack: I hate that people are convinced the reason you have made certain decisions must be because the arrival of a baby is imminent. What's worse is when they start trying to convince you to have children because they're "cute" or without them your life is "completely and utterly meaningless". This is what my work colleagues and mother tell me anyway.

I think that is ignorant and depending what kind of mood I'm in I'll wait till there off of the phone.

If it's an important call then that's fine. Excuse yourself or at least be able to continue the transaction without holding everyone else up. Most people are really good about it but some are not :mad:

Well, I'm pretty sure my calls weren't that important. You know it's just one of those things, the phone rings while you're shopping, you pick it up, you want to keep moving so you just go through the checkout line. . .there's no good excuse for it. One thing I haven't ever done though is just stand there and talk rather than finish the transaction (hand over the money or plastic etc). I can't imagine doing that.

It's just I don't think of myself as an asshole or anything, and yet I realize I have on occasion done those kind of "asshole" things. . .It's sobering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom