Things I hate Part Eleventy Bazillion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^What's the :| for?

:grumpy: I hate people loudly talking and laughing outside your bedroom window when you're trying to sleep. Well I guess I'll be crackin' here for a little longer!

:grumpy: I hate people loudly talking and laughing outside your bedroom window when you're trying to sleep. Well I guess I'll be crackin' here for a little longer!

This was the story of my life last year living in student accomodation, that and living with flatmates who couldn't help but burst out into song in the small hours :crack: Haha.

I hate that I think I have wasted this summer, the prospect of graduating in May actually terrifies me and I would seriously consider travelling just to put off coming back to the real world :down:

Always giving and giving, but not getting anything back in return!

ETA: It helps so much to vent!!

1 - waking up on a Sunday with a alcohol-induced headache

2 - that i have no savings. a lot of my mates say they're running low on money, which i am as well. but then i realised they all have savings, they just don't touch it. i hope it's not too late to start

Four years ago, my sister Patt and her hubby moved to Florida. On Monday, my other sister Bink and her hubby are moving to Virginia. :sad: That leaves our brother and his family, MrPurrl, my son, and me here in The Heartland. Thank goodness for e-mail!

:shocked: You guys are real??? Like, not a figment of my imagination that makes me think there are people out there just as insane as I am??????

That I just broke a string on one of my dad's guitars. :sad: I know he won't be too mad because he just got a new guitar a few weeks ago, but I still feel like an idiot. I was trying to tune it and I was unaware that I wasn't tuning the string I thought I was tuning, so the one I was actually tuning just SNAPPED!

To make matters worse, when the string broke it snapped back against my hand incredibly quickly and now I have a stinging, raised blister of sorts. :sad:

And now my mom caught me staying up late and I'm forced to go to bed. :scream: Worst night ever.

That I just broke a string on one of my dad's guitars. :sad: I know he won't be too mad because he just got a new guitar a few weeks ago, but I still feel like an idiot. I was trying to tune it and I was unaware that I wasn't tuning the string I thought I was tuning, so the one I was actually tuning just SNAPPED!

To make matters worse, when the string broke it snapped back against my hand incredibly quickly and now I have a stinging, raised blister of sorts. :sad:

And now my mom caught me staying up late and I'm forced to go to bed. :scream: Worst night ever.

don't worry! a single string is about a buck, and they need to be replaced regularly anway, so no big deal. I've broken lots of strings just trying to tune a guitar.

don't worry! a single string is about a buck, and they need to be replaced regularly anway, so no big deal. I've broken lots of strings just trying to tune a guitar.

Thank you, :hug: and yes I understand breaking a string is no big deal in terms of repairing it, but I'm just frustrated over the fact that I wasn't careful with one of my dad's possessions and did something foolish. :sigh: Oh well.

Thank you, :hug: and yes I understand breaking a string is no big deal in terms of repairing it, but I'm just frustrated over the fact that I wasn't careful with one of my dad's possessions and did something foolish. :sigh: Oh well.

All strings break eventually if they are not replaced :hug::hug: It'll be ok :hug:

that one of my best mates' (is that grammatically correct? fuck you and your eagle eyes interference :scream:) girlfriend is trying to turn my best mates against me.

two weekends ago it was her birthday. she was going to a club in the suburb i live in, but i have another group of mates i get along very well with who were going to the city. i always have a great time when i'm with them. so i decided to go to the city instead, because i knew i would have more fun (and i did). i dropped round to her house before i left and gave her a bday present (mickey shirt from disneyland) and then went off to the city. why? because why should i have to go to an okay club in my backyard when i could go to to an awesome club in the city and have a great night (which i did).

now, every comment or post or status on facebook is turned into a "you ditched us", "so much for being part of the group", so on and so forth. i wouldn't really care, but i know she will be getting into the heads of my two best mates, and eventually they will probably fall in with her way of thinking and see it that way. which i really don't want. yes, i probably did "ditch", but do we need to hold a grudge for weeks and months?

:sigh: we're not in Year Nine anymore you know?

and yes... this is among the "biggest" problems in my life at the moment. god forbid what's happening in the real world.

that one of my best mates' (is that grammatically correct? fuck you and your eagle eyes interference :scream:) girlfriend is trying to turn my best mates against me.

two weekends ago it was her birthday. she was going to a club in the suburb i live in, but i have another group of mates i get along very well with who were going to the city. i always have a great time when i'm with them. so i decided to go to the city instead, because i knew i would have more fun (and i did). i dropped round to her house before i left and gave her a bday present (mickey shirt from disneyland) and then went off to the city. why? because why should i have to go to an okay club in my backyard when i could go to to an awesome club in the city and have a great night (which i did).

now, every comment or post or status on facebook is turned into a "you ditched us", "so much for being part of the group", so on and so forth. i wouldn't really care, but i know she will be getting into the heads of my two best mates, and eventually they will probably fall in with her way of thinking and see it that way. which i really don't want. yes, i probably did "ditch", but do we need to hold a grudge for weeks and months?

and yes... this is among the "biggest" problems in my life at the moment. god forbid what's happening in the real world.

Aw that sucks. :hug:

For all you know they still probably haven't grown up from their early teenage years.

Dude, you are not alone. I've been through and observed these type of situations MANY times before. I'm my circle of friends we've had boyfriends who have hated the other friends, and vise versa. All I can tell you is that it is irrelevant, childish b.s. and that 5-10 years from now, this ordeal will have no role in your life whatsoever, so don't dwell on it too much.

If your best mates are truly your "best mates", they won't listen to her for that long and will still be your friend. But if they don't and they take her side, then they weren't real friends in the first place.

The real world is nice. You should check it out sometime. :wink: :lol: But really, you'll get through it. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom