They're in the studio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Molten metal
Edge hardcore
=hes on fire still!
:lol:
I love you Bono

But I'd love to know what this means.

U2girl said:

And if you'd been around longer you'd know how many of the posters decided this album will be "ATYCLB part III", "sell out" etc etc before we even got any news or any sound clips. :rolleyes:

ummmmmmmm...ok? :huh: What does that tell you? :rolleyes:

:lmao:

It has started! Bono opened his big mouth and blurted out "molten metal" and now he's gonna get shit for it till the end of time!

Did Edge being on fire turn the guitar into molten metal? I'm just curious

God...Bono why do you have to get my hopes up all the time. You only ever crush my dreams.

Just mention polyrhythms is more info than Bono has ever given when you think about it. Sure beat Venusian punk rock, or Edge on fire, or the sound of joy, or whatever. I mean, that's an actual MUSICAL term!

I also like the reference to trance.

can someone please translate seriously what molten metal means? and also what that trance crap is :rolleyes:

Why are you rolling your eyes?

I don't think it's worth the time to try and really figure out what Bono means by "molten metal." I'm not saying that to be annoying or snarky, I think it's really not worth the time. You could come up with any one of 260 definitions, and no one would be able to confirm or deny if it was correct.

It's just Bono being Bono. :shrug:

Last edited:
super fly guy said:
Must be hard for edge to play his guitar if its turning to molten metal! Other than that,sounds promising!!!

That's the reason Edge is on fire all the time. He's playing a guitar made of molten metal. :wink:

Joey788 said:
That's the reason Edge is on fire all the time. He's playing a guitar made of molten metal.

I'm having this image of Edge's guitar as that shape-shifting molten-metal dude from Terminator 2. :wink:

corianderstem said:
Why are you rolling your eyes?

I don't think it's worth the time to try and really figure out what Bono means by "molten metal." I'm not saying that to be annoying or snarky, I think it's really not worth the time. You could come up with any one of 260 definitions, and no one would be able to confirm or deny if it was correct.

It's just Bono being Bono. :shrug:

I'm rolling my eyes at Bono!

alright, i get it now..thats pretty much what I was thinking :)

Well, he's right about U2 not being very danceable. Everything else, I have to be skeptical on.

All I ask for is some subtlety. In Bono's lyrics, in his delivery, in the production. HTDAAB could have been a fantastic album if it had that element (not that it was terrible as it was), as opposed to the "lets crank EVERYTHING to the MAXXXXXX!" approach.

I just hope trance and polyrhythmic isn't Pop part II.

As for molten metal, who knows, Rob ? That's just one guy's impression of what they're doing. (I assume they're not actually making metal music now)

U2girl said:

As for molten metal, who knows, Rob ? That's just one guy's impression of what they're doing. (I assume they're not actually making metal music now)

haha U2girl, yes I think thats a very safe assumption :)

well I hope to the high heavens molten metal doesn't mean stuff like love and peace or else...and I HOPE it's NOTHING like Pop!!(Pop is cool but thats not the new direction I'm hoping for). Jeez, I'm looking for something a little more epic, something HUGE, like Red Hill Mining Town... I mean I want to see a different sound but I still want to hear the classic U2 sound at the heart of it all...

I'm not too worried though, judging from the recent chapel performances, it sounds like Edge, and especially Bono are really focused and into the music...I feel another Larry masterpiece coming as well since he's been hearing all the bs on here about his recent drumming :wink:

no, on a serious note, i think most of us hold U2 to incredibly high standards. Yes, I may be too optimistic, but I truly believe we are in for something special :yes:

I'm excited no matter what people think of Bono's well-documented and often shat on statements of hype...

Molten metal sounds fucking badass, they are working with Eno and Lanois, they are going for a departure from ATYCLB and HTDABB, U2 has personally never disappointed me in their career, and more talk about the album means at least a better chance for a 2008 release.

Hell yeah boys - bring on the new music !!!

U2girl said:

:drool:

it won't be though. The band was unhappy with Pop, and Bono said the new album was unlike anything they'd done before. So it will be different. I just hope it's awesome.

Seems like "molten metal" is spot-on considering that tiny fragment of guitar riffage from the Lanois movie preview.

ahittle said:
Seems like "molten metal" is spot-on considering that tiny fragment of guitar riffage from the Lanois movie preview.

I second that thought.

Does anyone else feel that first riffage sample has a led zeppelin quality to it?

when I read molten metal I thought that Edge must be playing more chords than notes (Edge's usual approach)
I don't know this riff you guys are talking about
but if the new album won't be more chord oriented I will be beyond disappointed and curse the day Bono was born

Salome said:
I don't know this riff you guys are talking about

The riff was sorta a psychedelic-bluesy/Led Zep thing. It reminded me a little of Discotheque and the Fly but slower and heavier. It was definitely trippy and woozy.

Yeah!

Back
Top Bottom