the U2 Complete (?) Encyclopedia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OTE, I believe Bill is the President of VH-1 now...quite a move up from being a simple (ha) music journalist...but WHAT a journalist he was!
smile.gif
He def. has a soft spot in his heart for U2, lucky for us!

Has anyone read any of his other stuff? One book in particular was getting rave reviews, I think it was about the A&M industry, the title of which escapes me...

Originally posted by On The Edge:
Isn't Bill Flanagan working at VH1? High up? I've totally forgotten what he does. If someone knows, post. I think it prevents a second book. Maybe in the future though. I *love* that book. But doesn't everybody? How many times have you all read it? *is embarrassed and won't say her number yet*
redface.gif

Hi all:

Regarding the U2: the complete songs book, here's the URL for the book from Amazon.co.uk:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0711974691/qid%3D1008824851/202-8449305-8001432

It can be found in some bookstores here, but for the life of me, I don't know why. The book says inside the cover that it's not for sale in the U.S. or Canada.... which explains why Amazon.com doesn't have it, but Amazon.co.uk *does*.

Here's what the cover of the book looks like (for those of you who are wondering...
biggrin.gif
)
su19180.jpg

This book is by far one of the best U2 resources I've ever found. I was able to spend a few minutes with my friend to see exactly which concert she went to during the ZooTV concert - we found it right up to the exact day, the exact arena, and the exact tour. It has this all listed... not to mention the lyrics to every song up through Pop (including ALL b-sides), *AND* has the music for each song. It's indespensible. Plus, there are some drool-worthy pictures in it.
biggrin.gif

$40.00 is a bit steep, but if you order it from Amazon.co.uk, the exchange rate isn't so bad... with the shipping, it may come out to be a bit less than $40.00...

Hope this helps...
biggrin.gif

Moonie

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
"If a student with an accordion had come along, I would've played with them ya know...that was where I was at, I was that desperate to play with somebody."
(Larry, about his Mount Temple days, before forming U2)

*Larry, I played accordion. Can I have a drumstick?*
From the heart, on a blue sign, 11-18-01, Vegas

Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show no one else going to know
I'm wanting

(If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
Hit Gurl

I cant believe Bill Flanagan is the president of Vh1. you've got to be kidding me? That is wild.

learn somethin' new everyday!

Back
Top Bottom