The Temple Bar...Wish You Were Her

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tre, I need some help. :flirt:

I just upgraded my desktop computer because my laptop died an untimely death recently. :sad: Anyway, I now have more hard drive space and a dvd burner. Since I lost almost all of my 20 gig of U2 files :sad: I'm trying to start replenishing my supply...

So, I downloaded dvd burning software...ashampoo. So how do I burn dvds now? :reject: People have sent me a few video files. Do they need to be converted to a special format?

i don't know anything about that dvd software, but video files like , etc have to be made into a dvd before you can burn a dvd. otherwise all you have is a data disk/backup disk. some dvd burning software might encode video files for you, i'm not really sure. i havent done hardly any of that...

Okay, I'll have to do some research then. So the torrent I'm getting will be easier to burn to dvd?

Adam, you should really listen to that Blue October link I posted. I love them. I want to marry them and have their babies. :drool: They're seriously great. I can't understand why they haven't broken out yet...

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Well it depends on the video files, but there is software out there that will do that for you. I'll research it and let you know.

And we all step out on U2 from time to time. :yes:

Thank you!! :kiss: I'm clueless about the whole dvd thing. :reject:

I think I'm burned out on U2 now, so I haven't listened to them much for several months now. Entirely my fault. I went for about a year and a half literally listening to nothing but them. :reject: I'm getting to the point now though, that when I do hear them, I really enjoy it. :up:

VintagePunk said:

I think I'm burned out on U2 now, so I haven't listened to them much for several months now. Entirely my fault. I went for about a year and a half literally listening to nothing but them. :reject: I'm getting to the point now though, that when I do hear them, I really enjoy it. :up:

:up: similar here, but it also has something to do with me writing more of my own stuff, and U2 not inspiring me musically where as other bands are...

The other band I listed, Zero 7, I highly recommend them too, but they're not for everyone's tastes. Actually, I was surprised I liked them. :ohmy: I looked them up, and they're listed as downtempo/acid jazz/electronica (very lite on the electronica, IMO)...but it's great music for chillin'. :drool:

Hell I went about 6 months this year listening sparingly to them. Look I've been a fan for 20+ years...it ain't like I haven't heard every song 100+ times.

Funny, tonight I watched "Click" and heard 'Ultraviolet'...that's a good tune I haven't listened to in years!

Last edited:
the rockin edge said:

:up: similar here, but it also has something to do with me writing more of my own stuff, and U2 not inspiring me musically where as other bands are...

What are you drawing inspiration from these days?

To test out my new burner earlier, I burned the U2 greatest hits 90 - 00 bonus cd earlier and listened to some of that (I MUCH prefer the 80 - 90 bonus, but I lost that one :sad: ) and I really enjoyed it! And for the past few days, I've been feeling a real urge to watch my 90 - 00 dvd, so I must be back to wanting to hear them. :drool:

VintagePunk said:

What are you drawing inspiration from these days?

Pink Floyd/Gilmour, Oasis/Noel, RHCP...

mainly the first 2.

it's weird, for all the time i obsessed over U2. they never really greatly influenced my musical style, i never wanted to play guitar even close to like the edge, or write lyrics in bono's style. :shrug:

the rockin edge said:
:hyper: there were no childish comments calling me "u2h8rboi" :hyper:

I have absolutely NO problem with people listening other music, or even preferring other music to U2...it's when people go out of their way to continually post over and over how U2 sux now that I have a problem. Lord, if you dislike them that much, give it a rest and find another site to frequent. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom