The Temple Bar: Oh, we’ll be taking whatever you got...UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jan Hammer should do the theme song for every TV show ever.

How amazing is the Miami Vice Theme? Does it sum up the '80s in 2 minutes or not?

LemonMacPhisto said:
Jan Hammer should do the theme song for every TV show ever.

How amazing is the Miami Vice Theme? Does it sum up the '80s in 2 minutes or not?

Dude, try driving down the street at night listening to "Crockett's theme".

VintagePunk said:

He probably still does. However, I accept no responsibility for that. :yikes:

See? Now we're talking about the sad thing. You're absolved of all responsibility.

VP: Sarah, NSW says good going with the coin!

Sarah: WTF's an NSW???

VP: Oh.

No spoken words said:
So, this happened today....went to Macy's to buy some t-shirts and dress socks. And. By the time I left, I had bought 2 dress shirts, a suit, 2 ties and the aforementioned socks and t-shirts. I don't know how that shit happens. At least most of what I got was part of a clearance sale....

Yay!! :supportive: :cute:

No spoken words said:
I have Miami Vice Season 1 on DVD, and if you get past the pastels and such...it's actually really good.

Absolutely. What I love is if you watch, as soon as Corckett and Tubbs gets the case - Tubbs ALWAYS knows what went down. Crocket is the dumbass that has to put the pieces together. - Watch, when Crokett finally figures it out and tells Tubbs, Tubbs's expression is always, "Yeah, I know. Let's do it." I love that.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Yeah, it pretty much captures that early 80s "I'M FUCKING ON COKE!" vibe. Awesome. I love the electric durms.

No spoken words said:

See? Now we're talking about the sad thing. You're absolved of all responsibility.

VP: Sarah, NSW says good going with the coin!

Sarah: WTF's an NSW???

VP: Oh.

That's pretty much the conversation that took place five minutes ago. Are you looking in my windows? :checks: : paranoid:

There is an episode, might be from season 2, that deals with Castillo/Adama's past.....and some dude with a fucking knife tries to kill him....I need to see it again because as I remember it, it was really done well. That show was strong until Crockett lost his memory, and then if famously jumped the shark.

No spoken words said:
There is an episode, might be from season 2, that deals with Castillo/Adama's past.....and some dude with a fucking knife tries to kill him....I need to see it again because as I remember it, it was really done well. That show was strong until Crockett lost his memory, and then if famously jumped the shark.

Didn't James Brown show up as an alien who abducted Tubbs towards the end?

Yeah, that isn't jumping a shark, that's getting eaten by a shark Sam Jackson in Deep Blue Sea-style.

VP, you and your drunken boob stay right here.

LMP, that's why it's such a classic shark jump. It really was a well-done, well written and innocative show....and then it very quickly got insane. Part of it was probably a slew of writers getting gobbled up to do their own shows after season 2 or 3, which wrecks a lot of shows.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom