The Temple Bar: For good times, just add alcohol and shake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VintagePunk said:
Name the time and the place. I'm confident. I have the feeling he's a lightweight. :wink:

I will have you know that the note I wrote on Tuesday night was after one mixed drink and 7 beers in little less than 2 1/2 hours!!

It was one of my better drunks!! :drunk:

And the next morning I was a little worse for wear, but I was not a mess!! :rockon:

That said, I'm ready to drink VP under the table...:drool:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

I will have you know that the note I wrote on Tuesday night was after one mixed drink and 7 beers in little less than 2 1/2 hours!!

It was one of my better drunks!! :drunk:

And the next morning I was a little worse for wear, but I was not a mess!! :rockon:

That said, I'm ready to drink VP under the table...:drool:

:shocked: last friday night I had 4 beers in 6 hours and I was :drunk: :tsk:

:reject:

VintagePunk said:
Okay, I could outdrink Kat no problem. Reg? In that short of time? I'd be pretty messed-up. :lol:

VP, if you drink a large glass of water every 2 beers, then you tinkle most of it out!! I used 'tinkle' because I was addressing a lady, not because I'm a nancy-boy or anything like that. :lol:

I left out the fact that in the next 1 1/2 after those 8 drinks, I finished off 2 more beers too! And yes I realize that makes me sound like a lush...:ohmy: However, it was one of the few times away from home, so I had to pack all I could into it. :yes:

Wow...I need to hang out with you again and drink...:sexywink:

I've learned, in all my experience, that I must drink water every 2 to 4 beers in order to reign in the headache the next morning. And I always drink a large glass of water before laying my head on the pillow (or wherever it lands) for the night. :yes:

WITS is a pretty catchy tune...I love the falsetto and the fact that it's in this weird 6/8 timing. I see the comparisons to COBL, but the chorus is a little bit tighter and more melodic in WITS.

Other than that it's standard fare for the 2000 era U2, still it might be pretty strong single for them. I wish that they'd write more songs like Vertigo (lyrically stronger though). I love hard driving guitar riffs, and I think that the Edge resists this a little too much.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
it's standard fare for the 2000 era U2, still it might be pretty strong single for them.

I agree. It's a standard 00s pop song, except they don't sound like they're trying too hard. It's a pleasant enough tune with very very beatlesque harmonies and melodies (esp. the intro) but there's something about it I don't like. I think it's the cliched topic of love and God.

I'm enjoying it, excited to hear a new song. I doubt it'll be in my top 10 of U2 in a few months though.

I'm off to give blood and take a test :angry::faint:

Zootlesque said:

I agree. It's a standard 00s pop song, except they don't sound like they're trying too hard. It's a pleasant enough tune with very very beatlesque harmonies and melodies (esp. the intro) but there's something about it I don't like. I think it's the cliched topic of love and God.

Zoot that is only thing that bugs me about it too! However, that's what you'll get with Bono these days, especially with all his AIDS and Poverty work. I don't think it really degrades the song, just makes it that little bit off putting...but it's just a tiny little bit.

I like this song much more than I do Electrical Storm (which is still a good song). I don't like the title "Electrical Storm" or the chorus...but I loved the guitar and vocal performance of that song. That being said, Bono's vocal in WITS is his best studio vocal in ages!!! :rockon:

Elder law is so :drool:

I'm out for a bit too! I'll be back later...though :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom