The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

:hmm:

buckner_ortiz.jpg

Well I meant another one.

Papi ain't no Buckner, you saw that gold-glove calibre D in the '04 series :)

Tell me a Sox/Mets game 7 with Petey on the mound wouldn't be amazing...assuming Willie Randolph wouldn't Grady him. And the Yankee fans wouldn't know who to boo. If you're a Yankee fan what's tougher, rooting for the Sox or the Mets with Pedro.

I'm gonna have to root for a Red Sox-Padres series.

I was down in SD for a game back in June. They are still pissed off about the Patriots game down there.

CTU2fan said:

Well I meant another one.

Papi ain't no Buckner, you saw that gold-glove calibre D in the '04 series :)

Tell me a Sox/Mets game 7 with Petey on the mound wouldn't be amazing...assuming Willie Randolph wouldn't Grady him. And the Yankee fans wouldn't know who to boo. If you're a Yankee fan what's tougher, rooting for the Sox or the Mets with Pedro.

Well, if the Mariners can't make it to the World Series, I'd be perfectly happy with a Red Sox/Mets rematch. That would be cool. And I really like the Red Sox' chances of beating the Mets, or any NL contender.

But my heart is with the Mariners this year, since the Red Sox won in 2004, and Seattle's kind of lacking in the championship department. I wanna see this city going crazy in October!

speedracer said:
I'm gonna have to root for a Red Sox-Padres series.

I was down in SD for a game back in June. They are still pissed off about the Patriots game down there.

You know, I think that's absolutely hilarious how San Diego got all bent over that. I mean, yeah I'm a Pats fan so I'm biased for sure, but to me what the Pats did (mocking Merriman's taunt) is pretty funny actually.

SeattleVertigo said:

Well, if the Mariners can't make it to the World Series, I'd be perfectly happy with a Red Sox/Mets rematch. That would be cool. And I really like the Red Sox' chances of beating the Mets, or any NL contender.

But my heart is with the Mariners this year, since the Red Sox won in 2004, and Seattle's kind of lacking in the championship department. I wanna see this city going crazy in October!

I kind of hope the M's get the wildcard. I like some of their players, the park is nice...and I think it would be great for the sport to have Seattle in the playoffs. ESPN/FOX rarely show the M's, and it's a good chance to see not just Ichiro but guys like Yuni Betancourt, Felix Hernandez, JJ Putz...good players, that most of us don't get to watch regularly.

That Seattle/LAAAAAAAAAofA will be a tough one though. Good thing is you guys miss Escobar; I think he pitched on Sunday. And the Angels bullpen guys have hit a rough patch.

Joe West is everything that's wrong with baseball. He's one of those "I know something you don't know" nitwits who wants to be part of the game. Hence the Rollins call.

Whatever happened to Mike Mussina? I can remember when that guy was lights out. Now he's got an ERA of 5.33. Just keep on giving up runs to the Tigers (4 already and it's only the third inning), the M's can use a Yankees' loss!

CTU2fan said:

I kind of hope the M's get the wildcard. I like some of their players, the park is nice...and I think it would be great for the sport to have Seattle in the playoffs. ESPN/FOX rarely show the M's, and it's a good chance to see not just Ichiro but guys like Yuni Betancourt, Felix Hernandez, JJ Putz...good players, that most of us don't get to watch regularly.

That Seattle/LAAAAAAAAAofA will be a tough one though. Good thing is you guys miss Escobar; I think he pitched on Sunday. And the Angels bullpen guys have hit a rough patch.

It's gonna be a real dogfight these next three days. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I agree that it will be great if the M's make the playoffs, for the reasons you outline. More people should have a chance to see Ichiro's brilliance.

Chase Utley, ladies and gentlemen. Exactly one month since he left, returns in a big way.

Yeah ... at this point I'd rather the Angels take the AL West, and we take the Wild Card, and the Yankees start their own downward spiral. Let's just leave the Yankees out of the equation. :whistle:

SeattleVertigo said:
Whatever happened to Mike Mussina? I can remember when that guy was lights out. Now he's got an ERA of 5.33. Just keep on giving up runs to the Tigers (4 already and it's only the third inning), the M's can use a Yankees' loss!

Nothing wrong with him. He just needs to pitch 70 shutout innings in a row and he'll be right back on pace with last year.

That Yankees embarassment feels good, the way they're playing I like the Sox chances, but even if there were to be a sweep they'd still be up 5 (or more likely 11).

phillyfan26 said:
Joe West is everything that's wrong with baseball. He's one of those "I know something you don't know" nitwits who wants to be part of the game. Hence the Rollins call.

I've never been a fan of Cowboy Joe West. I don't think he's a particularly bad ump, but he seems to miss some really obvious calls and on top of it is very confrontational when the player/manager argues. I don't mind people getting tossed if they cross the line but West is one of the umps that seems to enjoy escalating the confrontation rather than defusing it.

But I'll always appreciate his call reversal in the 2004 ALCS :)

Time to put NYY away.

And yeah, Mussina is toast...couldn't happen to a nicer guy too.

I think Seattle will bounce back, Lackey is LAA's top guy, M's have a good chance in the other games.

C'mon Red Sox, don't give this game away to the Yankees! Damon for the 2-run HR. 5-3, bottom of the 7th. A Yankees win is bad for the Red Sox and bad for the Mariners. And bad for the universe, really.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

by mvp you do mean most valuable phillie, yes?

If he hadn't gotten hurt, it wouldn't even be close you know. He would have been the NL MVP for sure.

Dear Seattle Mariners:

As of tonight, we are no longer on speaking terms. If you want to remain in my loving arms and good graces, you'd better pull a win out of your asses tomorrow afternoon.

No love,

Corianderstem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom