The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tis true about that.

I would've gotten much more enjoyment out of the Yanks finishing 20 games under .500 though.

Alas, maybe next year.

You know, I took pleasure with the Sox not making the playoffs last year, but the truth is, I prefer when they make it, because I love Yanks/Sox playoff series, despite the years they take off of my life.

Anyone have any guesses as to where Barry winds up next year?

I wouldn't be surprised if nobody wanted him because of the the baggage he brings, but should he get signed, it'll definitely be an AL team.

No spoken words said:
You know, I took pleasure with the Sox not making the playoffs last year, but the truth is, I prefer when they make it, because I love Yanks/Sox playoff series, despite the years they take off of my life.

I really enjoy them too, though 2003 almost killed me in every way imaginable.

Should they meet in the playoffs, it'll be much more interesting than those 4 hour regular season games that I've grown to hate.

19 times a year, 3:35 a game is a bit draining, yeah.

But, yeah, their last few post-season series have been amazing....but 2004 sent me into a bit of a funk for a few days.

I wish I was kidding.

Perhaps Oakland, I don't know if he'd be warmly welcomed there though. I have no idea whether those two fanbases hate each other or not. I'm interested to see what type of money teams would be willing to shell out for him.

I have old coworkers that still bring up how I utterly devastated I was after game 7 in 2003. Something along the lines of going to my cube, turning the light on and just doing a whole lot of staring at nothing.

Zito went to the Giants and seemed to be welcomed, until he had a shit season.

Where in the world would Bonds be "welcomed"? Hell, if the A's sign him, they might steal a few Giants fans. Plus, if they can let Piazza DH for them, they certainly can sign Bonds for a year. However, if would depend on how much $$$ Bonds wanted, cos Beane will only pay Eric Chavez, not Tejada or Zito or Mulder or Hudson or Damon or Thomas.

randhail said:
I have old coworkers that still bring up how I utterly devastated I was after game 7 in 2003. Something along the lines of going to my cube, turning the light on and just doing a whole lot of staring at nothing.

The worst part of 2004 was my being convinced, just utterly convinced after game 4 that it was over. So, it was a slow fucking death....plus, Game 7 was over before it began...it was painful. I watched from work, living in LA at the time, did not want to miss any of the game from my car, and I worked with an inordinate # of Sox fans....so I heard/saw them celebrating in a conference room, where they all ate pizza and watched...I walked in and congratulated them then spent the next day in a daze.

I'm single with no children, as it turns out. :)

That's a good call on Zito, completely forgot about him. The money will be a big thing. I don't see him going to a big market team. Maybe Tampa will shell some cash out like they did for guys like Greg Vaughn and Canseco a few years ago.

Tampa should use their $$$ for a pitcher, not Bonds...they have enough offense, and it's gonna just get better.

What about Anaheim? They need a bat. Would Moreno bring Bonds in for a season?

I hope Seattle learned its lesson about overspending from Richie Sexson, Beltre, and Ichiro. I know the Wii's have been selling great, but they've got a lot of money already invested in the team.

Seattle needs to find two or three decent starting pitchers before they worry about upgrading their offense.

Oakland would never splurge for Barry Bonds, even for one season.

The only teams that I can think of being interested in Bonds are Anaheim and the Yankees, and the latter will happen only if Steinbrenner throws Brian Cashman off a bridge and takes full control of the team.

Yes, but I find the prospect of the Yankees having three DHs each making $13 million+ a year highly amusing.

I really don't see a fit for Bonds. Seattle I guess, maybe. Do you really think Barry would sign on with a crap team just to get booed every day? I could see Seattle, and the Yankees are always a wild card but that's a longshot...I don't see Anaheim - they're big on character out there, I don't see Bonds in Scioscia's dugout.

In good news, Manny apparently can roll out of bed & hit, and the Sox are again in the driver's seat for best record, as they own the tiebreaker with Cleveland.

You, perhaps? :eyebrow:

I've never rooted so hard for St. Louis in my entire life...

ETA: That's probably because I've never rooted for St. Louis in my entire life.

Egads...I have to root for the Pads cause we couldn't do a damn thing in FLA!!! I hate rooting for the Padres...but will.

F*****G Cubbies!!! They do this to me all the time!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Phils winning, Mets losing

Since I was 2 years old in '93, this would really be my first go-around with the playoffs if the Phillies somehow got in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom