The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewson said:
It can also be looked at thus:
The Red Sox currently still have the largest lead in any division in baseball. (Not to mention still having th best record in MLB)

I must say I'm not pleased with the Gagne trade though.

R-Sox play TB again this week. Maybe we can get a couple games back if the Angels can take a couple more...

and Gagne remembers how not to blow a save.

The Red Sox still have two more series to play against Tampa after this one.

I don't care how the rotation's schedule is - Francona better make sure Wakefield pitches in both.

If Wakefield gets two more starts against the Rays, that's almost certainly two more wins, which would bring him up to 17. Can you believe there is actually a chance that a 40 year old knuckleballer could win 20 games this year?

Well there is:

RyanN-8x10-Rainbow.jpg

and

whitesox1976a.jpg

kinda makes gold sexy.

The old Seattle uniforms were pretty heinous, too.

Then again, it WAS the 70s. Everything was heinous.

This is going to be a nerve-wracking month.

I'm confused by the Yankees/Angels series. I can't root for either team! Is there a scenario in which both teams can lose? :wink:

Fucking Anaheim is such a horror show place for the Yanks since 1996. I'm tired of it. They've knocked the Yanks from the playoffs 2x, and, just seem to own us. Them. Whatever.
Fuck you Anaheim.

Now you're on ignore, too. Hewson, you're next.

:)

I guess I just have horrid memories from that place. Lived in LA for 10 years, so, I attended a lot of Yankee/Angel games, including playoff games in 02 and 05. Was at Game 5 in '05, so, have seen a Yankee season end there. Ugh.

No spoken words said:

I guess I just have horrid memories from that place. Lived in LA for 10 years, so, I attended a lot of Yankee/Angel games, including playoff games in 02 and 05. Was at Game 5 in '05, so, have seen a Yankee season end there. Ugh.

awww :hug:

wait, if I'm on ignore that's wasted on you. whatever, it made me happy, and that's what we are all about :)

corianderstem said:
This is going to be a nerve-wracking month.

I'm confused by the Yankees/Angels series. I can't root for either team! Is there a scenario in which both teams can lose? :wink:

Yeah, Mariners are playing 17 out of 20 games on the road -- that's tough. But we've won the first two games.

As for the Yankees/Angels, in almost any conceivable circumstance I root against the Yankees. <grin> Everything else is secondary.

In this case, if the Yankees lose, it's great for the Mariners because it increases their wildcard lead. The M's are only two games back of the Angels (1 in the loss column), and I think we can easily pick up those games against 'em. So I don't mind if the Angels beat the Yankees.

No spoken words said:

Hey now. I haven't said a bad thing yet about the Yanks/Angels situation.

And thats very unusual for me.

If it makes you feel better the Mariners are getting pounded into submission at the Homerdome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom