The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Angels:

Please lose some games so we can gain some freaking ground in the AL West.

No Love,

Seattle

Headache in a Suitcase said:
yea... if only the phillies weren't getting smoked by the fearsome kansas city roylas they coulda picked up a game or two.

i hate phillies pitching

i was actually excited when we got jose mesa back.

2 wild pitches = the 2 runs that blew the game open.

i'm not as excited anymore.

:|

randhail said:

truer words have never been spoken.

Amen. Souless fucking guy.

Glad the Yanks are at least showing signs of life. Abreu is swinging the bat well. Beating Pittsburgh might not be the toughest task, but, still, a sweep is a sweep. I hope it continues....have my eye on the Wild Card, cannot imagine them catching the Sox.

corianderstem said:
Dear Angels:

Please lose some games so we can gain some freaking ground in the AL West.

No Love,

Seattle

:yes:

(In case some of you didn't know... even tho I live in Arizona, I am a native of Seattle area)

DaveC said:

Yeah, if Mesa can hit the catcher's mitt, the Royals would have only won the game 15-5, which is respectable.

despite losing to the series to the tiggers, the mets bats did come alive this weekend, and with green returning today and alou returning in a few weeks, worried i am not.

the bullpen has been a bit shaky of late, but they can't be great all year... no one is, everyone struggles at some point in the season. fortunatly for the mets, the rest of the NL East can't get out of their own way, so the struggles don't cost them much ground in the division.

Hewson said:
Yeah, if Mesa can hit the catcher's mitt, the Royals would have only won the game 15-5, which is respectable.

It was a one-run game up to that point.

I seriously doubt the Royals would have cashed so many after that if Mesa hadn't let in those two runs.

I'm not disagreeing with you, our bullpen still couldn't be trusted to hold a lead against a mosquito team.

But Mesa's two wild pitches were the turning point of that game, to be sure.

Oh well. What's done is done. Nice 3-0 win tonight to get back on track. :up:

DaveC said:

He was brutal four years ago, and, SURPRISE!, he still is.

His nickname at one point was Senor Smoke. I always referred to him as Senor Choke in his tenure with the Phightin's.

Justin Verlander pitched a Super Terrific game in Detroit today.

speedracer said:
Justin Verlander pitched a Super Terrific game in Detroit today.

p1.verlander.ap.jpg

Man, I needed that!

Congrats to Verlander.

This made me laugh...Ichiro on Cleveland:

"To tell the truth, I'm not excited to go to Cleveland, but we have to," Ichiro proclaimed, through an interpreter. "If I ever saw myself saying I'm excited going to Cleveland, I'd punch myself in the face, because I'm lying."

Fantastic.

No spoken words said:
Congrats to Verlander.

This made me laugh...Ichiro on Cleveland:

"To tell the truth, I'm not excited to go to Cleveland, but we have to," Ichiro proclaimed, through an interpreter. "If I ever saw myself saying I'm excited going to Cleveland, I'd punch myself in the face, because I'm lying."

Fantastic.

What a quote :drool:

Guess he's not a rock 'n roll fan. Come to the Dodgers, you'll never have to go to Cleveland again. We'll have no problem dumping Juan (P U) Pierre. :wink:

Sounds good to me. Then all we gotta do is get rid of No-more Garciaparra, Wilson (can't) Getahit, grampa Kent and we'll on our way. :wink:

I figure it's inevitable Ichiro will bail from Seattle. As long as he doesn't go to the Yankees, I can deal with the heartbreak.

But who knows ... if the Ms keep up this decent season, maybe he'll stick around with the promise of being on a winning team.

I don't know the length/details of his contract with Seattle, but as the Mariners' only star player, I hope they pay him whatever he wants to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom