The suffering...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JanuaryStar

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I really don't want to rant, but what is it lately with all the misery surrounding us?? A lot of you are going to say that death and illness and war etc. have always been around, but lately it seems like there's much more of it going around. And that makes me sad, and very angry at the same time. A lot of bad things happening to people I love and care about, and to other people as well, who obviously don't deserve this... Some of them Interferers too. You know who you are.

So, I just want to send my prayers and thoughts out to everybody who is having a hard time right now or who just needs some comfort. Mushy, you say? Maybe. But this message is from the bottom of my heart, and with no other 'double' intentions than described above, because there has been too much suffering as it is already. The rage was building up inside of me and I needed to let it out. Some part of me just had enough of it.

I know the feeling... suddenly a lot of people around me have broken arms, legs and such, and it seems like it's just happening all in once... then you hear about people dying and it all just keeps adding up :sigh: when will the good times start again?

good times = real times
I love You All
you can always make this world that much better , by doing all those nice small things : smiling , helping

be a river , not a stone
be a beaver , not a drone

for better times as bono said
for better rhymes

:)

Thanks for these replies :hug:

You're right, WinnieThePoo, just by doing all the small things, we can help and make this world a better place to live in...

Ahh, I know this isn't in regards to me but I really am having a hard time right now too and normally I'm pretty optimistic but I've let a lot of things get to me.

Thanks for your kind words, all of you.

And I pass on my huggles to everyone that needs one too. :hugs:

absintheminded said:
Ahh, I know this isn't in regards to me but I really am having a hard time right now too and normally I'm pretty optimistic but I've let a lot of things get to me.

Thanks for your kind words, all of you.

And I pass on my huggles to everyone that needs one too. :hugs:

huggles to you too! :hug:
2007 sucks! :down:

Thanks Mia and Shannon, you're too sweet :hug:

absintheminded, this thread is meant for anyone who's having a hard time right now, so that includes you too :) Hope you will feel better soon :hug:

JanuaryStar said:
I really don't want to rant, but what is it lately with all the misery surrounding us?? A lot of you are going to say that death and illness and war etc. have always been around, but lately it seems like there's much more of it going around. And that makes me sad, and very angry at the same time. A lot of bad things happening to people I love and care about, and to other people as well, who obviously don't deserve this... Some of them Interferers too. You know who you are.

So, I just want to send my prayers and thoughts out to everybody who is having a hard time right now or who just needs some comfort. Mushy, you say? Maybe. But this message is from the bottom of my heart, and with no other 'double' intentions than described above, because there has been too much suffering as it is already. The rage was building up inside of me and I needed to let it out. Some part of me just had enough of it.

That's a beautiful post. I hope you made someone smile with it.
:hug:

6.gif

I think it's more about the way you perceive the world around you.. Maybe you need to pay more attention to the great things happening around you, even those little things.. :cheese:

:shrug::hug:

Thanks everybody :heart:

Diana :hug:

Kaf, I hear what you're saying... And I am a pretty optimistic person, seriously. I pay a lot of attention to all the good things happening around me, even the small things. But when I posted this even I cracked, it just got too much for a bit there... And it takes a whole lot to make me crack like that, so I hope you understand why I've posted it :) And it was not meant to put it in a negative perspective, but to send everybody who is having a hard time some good vibes :hug:

Last edited:
I hear ya, I'm the same :hug: It gets to us all sometimes, but keep your optimism and it'll be fine.

kafrun said:
I think it's more about the way you perceive the world around you.. Maybe you need to pay more attention to the great things happening around you, even those little things.. :cheese:

:shrug::hug:

I get what you are saying. But sometimes the BIG negative things overshadow the little positive things. It is hard for me to look up when I'm submerged in pain. For now, I'm just trying to keep my head above the water.

unico said:

I get what you are saying. But sometimes the BIG negative things overshadow the little positive things. It is hard for me to look up when I'm submerged in pain. For now, I'm just trying to keep my head above the water.
Been there.. :( You come out the other end eventually :hug:

This post made me cry. I have had a horrible first half of this year, plus so much seems to be wrong in the world. I feel ashamed to feel badly when others here, like Unico, have had to deal with so much more in the grand scheme of things. But I am not doing well at all.

JanuaryStar, thank you for your prayers. :hug:

Diane L said:
This post made me cry. I have had a horrible first half of this year, plus so much seems to be wrong in the world. I feel ashamed to feel badly when others here, like Unico, have had to deal with so much more in the grand scheme of things. But I am not doing well at all.

i don't think it is fair to compare your suffering to mine. yours is yours and mine is mine. it's all relative. only you truly know the pain you feel. regardless of what triggered it, that doesn't make it any more or less significant. pain is pain, and all emotions you feel are valid.

i hope the next half of the year is much better for you.

I think there's always going to be war/famine etc. It's our resiliency which should define us, not our troubles.

cookiemonsterrf2.gif

Diane L said:

You're very welcome... Whatever it is you're dealing with right now, I hope you feel better soon :hug: And please, don't feel ashamed to feel badly about how you are feeling right now... Everybody has his/her own troubles, and you shouldn't be comparing it to others, just like unico said :)

Canadiens1160 said:
I think there's always going to be war/famine etc. It's our resiliency which should define us, not our troubles.

Like I said, this thread is not meant to put everything in a negative perspective. When I posted it I was just fed-up with some things. It is meant to show that I'm just sending good vibes out to people, who are having a hard time or just need some support. Sometimes we just need some help or comfort, even though there's always going to be troubles about. :)

Last edited:
unico said:

i don't think it is fair to compare your suffering to mine. yours is yours and mine is mine. it's all relative. only you truly know the pain you feel. regardless of what triggered it, that doesn't make it any more or less significant. pain is pain, and all emotions you feel are valid.

i hope the next half of the year is much better for you.

Oh, Unico :hug: :hug: :hug:

I wish for you and the VT community a better world.

And thank you again, January Star.

If I have discovered anything over the past months and just within this past week. Then it is that there are soooooo many out there with big heart's. You made a beautiful post MJ and I truly appreciate it a lot :hug:

Keep telling myself that eventually the pain will ease and brighter times are lying ahead. However when you are going through those rough times it's hard to believe that the above is really true. Yet seeing that there have been others who have overcome the pain is very encouraging :hug:

My :heart: and PM box is always open to anyone who ever needs someone to listen :hug: :hug: :hug:

You're right, Shannon. When going through the rough times it's pretty hard to see the 'light at the end of the tunnel', so to speak. That's why we have our friends to help us through, and make us smile again :) :heart:

In the end, everybody will overcome their pain, I'm positive of that :hug:

Back
Top Bottom