The "Somewhat Premature" 2010 AFL Thread that is likely to remain awesome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To slaughter or to be slaughtered that is of no relevance since this is merely the NAB Cup, which does irritate me with the newspapers taking pretty much every game to relevance despite it being a practice match. Like the Crows v. Collingwood practice match in the Alice yesterday, I had only known of its existence today after seeing that we are continuing our "early season woes". I've heard of a few who are tipping us to be in the bottom 8 after two practice matches. :lol:

yeah i'd prefer it if there were no pre-season comp. it takes away from the start of the season proper. most other leagues don't have one, a few scratch matches would suffice.

better than 10 years ago though, when there was the lightning comp as well in late Jan/early Feb, with only two quarters played.

yeah i'd prefer it if there were no pre-season comp. it takes away from the start of the season proper. most other leagues don't have one, a few scratch matches would suffice.

better than 10 years ago though, when there was the lightning comp as well in late Jan/early Feb, with only two quarters played.

Seriously? I had never heard of this before.

I've always been in support of a 30 round season where every team played each other twice. Of course, with the GC and West Sydney Fuckupathon coming in now, there's no chance of that. The NAB is still good to see youngsters and rookies play, but otherwise it's pretty useless.

Re: Adelaide, well, their injuries aren't looking too good. On the plus side, it's early in the year, could make a real surge in the second half of the season.

i reckon Nicky Nat is in your team.

call it a hunch. :wink:

Oh, it's a possibility...

I've always been in support of a 30 round season where every team played each other twice. Of course, with the GC and West Sydney Fuckupathon coming in now, there's no chance of that. The NAB is still good to see youngsters and rookies play, but otherwise it's pretty useless.

Re: Adelaide, well, their injuries aren't looking too good. On the plus side, it's early in the year, could make a real surge in the second half of the season.

Better now than later in the season. ;)

To slaughter or to be slaughtered that is of no relevance since this is merely the NAB Cup, which does irritate me with the newspapers taking pretty much every game to relevance despite it being a practice match. Like the Crows v. Collingwood practice match in the Alice yesterday, I had only known of its existence today after seeing that we are continuing our "early season woes". I've heard of a few who are tipping us to be in the bottom 8 after two practice matches. :lol:

Not too much to worry about Vlad. Carlton won the cup a few years ago and finished wooden spooners. although Geelong won both last year...at least we won that one fair and square, right? :wink: I just hate how everyone is talking up every teams chances, and how good Barry Hall was.....I mean, six goals is nice, but he probably only had 7 kicks, and didn't do much else (am I right?)

Pre-Season always brings up some weird shit, like Freo winning in Melbourne for example. I went to school and played with Micheal Barlow for a few years in primary/high school....gun player!

Anyways, I'm paid up and ready for disappointment in 2010.....I'll be seeing all 18 games in Melbourne. (minus round 2 and 3)

Yeah Agreed.

Maybe we keep a few praccy matches in the regional areas...and have a "charity shield" type thing about 2 weeks before the season starts, between the sides who finished 1st and 2nd after round 22 the previous year (I guess its MOSTLY a grand final re-match).....so you COULD have an All Stars game....you'd get a pretty decent crowd at the dome. Maybe have some half time shit, like longest kicks in the league shoot from 50m for goal (NBA All Star half time-esque. ).....I just don't think we need this whole big comp!

Not too much to worry about Vlad. Carlton won the cup a few years ago and finished wooden spooners. although Geelong won both last year...at least we won that one fair and square, right? :wink: I just hate how everyone is talking up every teams chances, and how good Barry Hall was.....I mean, six goals is nice, but he probably only had 7 kicks, and didn't do much else (am I right?)

Pre-Season always brings up some weird shit, like Freo winning in Melbourne for example. I went to school and played with Micheal Barlow for a few years in primary/high school....gun player!

Anyways, I'm paid up and ready for disappointment in 2010.....I'll be seeing all 18 games in Melbourne. (minus round 2 and 3)

And it's funny that Port's wins are considered to be the beginning of a NEW ERA. :lol: They what? Beat the Crows who didn't really give a shit, and the Eagles who've got plenty of youngsters being tried out at the moment. (am i rite? Bonnie?)

And didn't Richmond beat Geelong?! At the end of the year you'd hardly want to be reviewing NAB Cup form.

really? that's awesome. he's played at WErribee the past few years (lost the VFL's Brownlow equivalent by a vote last year) and a good bloke as well.

And it's funny that Port's wins are considered to be the beginning of a NEW ERA. :lol: They what? Beat the Crows who didn't really give a shit, and the Eagles who've got plenty of youngsters being tried out at the moment. (am i rite? Bonnie?)

And didn't Richmond beat Geelong?! At the end of the year you'd hardly want to be reviewing NAB Cup form.

I don't think anyone's really saying that except for Port flogs, but in any case, as we've already said the Crows are far from full strength, and yeah, we've mostly been playing kids (did you see Luke Shuey on the weekend? GUN.) so who knows how things will turn out for them.

I think that at the start of the year you'd hardly want to be reviewing it.

I don't think anyone's really saying that except for Port flogs, but in any case, as we've already said the Crows are far from full strength, and yeah, we've mostly been playing kids (did you see Luke Shuey on the weekend? GUN.) so who knows how things will turn out for them.

I think that at the start of the year you'd hardly want to be reviewing it.

Yep, not only them, but Choco as well. As if the crowds are gonna get any better for them this year! To be honest, I haven't watched any NAB Cup games bar one, but I do know Nic Nat has been showcasing his potential.

Not important at all. :yes:

Yep, not only them, but Choco as well. As if the crowds are gonna get any better for them this year! To be honest, I haven't watched any NAB Cup games bar one, but I do know Nic Nat has been showcasing his potential.

Not important at all. :yes:

I think it's pretty normal for a coach to say that their team's a bit of alright, though. ;)

Honestly think Nic isn't fluking about (if I did, I wouldn't have the avatar obvs), sure he's not the best kick at the moment, but his conversion rate (8 goals from about 10 fumbles) speaks for itself.

wrong.

Mick Molloy hasn't been funny for years. Lehmo isn't funny. Sam Lane is annoying. Andy Maher is gratuitous. Hughesy saves the show, which is surprising because i don't think he's funny otherwise.

The Footy Show has had me falling off my chair laughing and then 10 minutes later intently listening to a serious conversation and applauding at the end of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom