The Roots are singing U2 songs on TV right now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, I just got back from the NAACP awards.....HOW AMAZING WAS BONO!!!...

ok...my friend Dorene and I get to the venue..another friend MysticChild is already inside...Dorene and I are asked to take our cameras back to our car as they are not allowed in..
*we still have cameras in our phones so nyaaa!!!!*
we get our purses checked again and they check our ticket and we go through the back to the Red Carpet we find a spot by the velvet rope ..We see a lot of people but i dont recognize many...
Dorene did see a few she knew..
We ask if Bono has come in yet..no one knows who Bono is!:eyebrow:
Then finally I see a few celeberties I know...*I take a few pics*
But where is Bono???
after about an hour and a half we are told we must make our way in because the doors close at 4:30pm..
We are let in and directed to the balcony/nosebleed seats..no worries The Shrine is sort of round in the inside so even these seats are not bad at all...
We meet up with MysticChild
At about 5 minutes to 5:00pm they announce that this is being taped live and turn off cell phones/applaud/ect....
Then we see people in our area moving forward Dorene MC and I look at each other and move too..We move nearly 4 "sections" down....NOW WE ARE CLOSER!!:hyper:
we see all the celeb big wigs in the front seats..Dorene swears she spotted Bono, MC swears its not him Im nearsighted but he looks like Bono to me..just that we were looking at the back of his head....((ok it was not Bono))
Finally the show starts the dancers come out speeches and presenters...commercial...
***We Finally see BONO!!! social butterfly holding his coat closedas only Bono does is off to the side talking to someone..we squeel in delight..
the show is about to contine everyone back to their seats
Bono makes his way back to the front row and he is sitting just below were we have a clear view of him..We keep our eyes on him we subconciously clap when everyone does but really we are looking at Bono..heh heh...
Another commercial break people are approching Bono and we stands up to hug someone the 3 of us yell his name he "looked up at us as we wave and he smiled and gave us a "Peace sign"..HOW COOL!!!!
We became giggling idiots..everyone else around us dont know what the big deal is about:|
The show continues and finally LL Cool J announces a tribute to Bono..from here on in all the screaming is coming from the 3 dorks up above:D
*The tribute was GREAT!!..during the speech I kept yelling BONO,YEAH!!,WOOOO,,,,*yeah that wasme and my big mouth hee hee!!*
after the speech/powerful sermon he exit stage right..we had a clear view of him..MC said he might make a run for it ..I said no wait see if he sits down again..no he didnt come back..Then we see Quincy Jones and Naomi Campbell (who were sitting next to him) get up and leave ..possibly to the after party with him...
We rushed out looking for him but didnt see him after waiting by the limos we were sent to the tents where the press conference are held but no we were told that Bono gave a few interviews and left :(
All in all it was fun we had a blast and Bono *not suprisingly was AMAZING!!!!...
and how cute did he look????
I left my vcr recording and I cant wait to here us screaming his name ..Im about to watch it now....:wave:

Last edited:
Thanks for sharring with us Bonofox1:up:. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. :yes:
I totally heard your shout outs!

:heart: :bono:

^^^ Yeah Comet ..b4 and during the speech just the 3 of us plus one other lady were yelling for Bono byu the end of the speech the WHOLE HOUSE was on their feet and I was teary eyed...What a WONDERFUL man....

We were told where the after party was but we doubted we would be let in and besides it is too cold to be hanging out all night waiting for him....

p.s
LOVE the new avatar Comet....;)

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Dumb question...were you one of the people screaming at the very begining of his speech?

Yeah I was the screaming idiot!! HA HA!! even before we started screaming (after we had spotted him) Dorene asked me to yell his name to get his attention during the commercial break...I said why dont the 3 of us do it together...she said you do it you have a "big mouth!!!"....gah ha ha ha!! I guess I proved her right!!!:D

I wish you would have been there Comet!!! Next time plan it and we could meet for some Bono stalking ;)

BonoFox1 said:

Yeah I was the screaming idiot!! HA HA!! even before we started screaming (after we had spotted him) Dorene asked me to yell his name to get his attention during the commercial break...I said why dont the 3 of us do it together...she said you do it you have a "big mouth!!!"....gah ha ha ha!! I guess I proved her right!!!:D

I wish you would have been there Comet!!! Next time plan it and we could meet for some Bono stalking ;)

Wow...you got a set of lungs! Man you were loud! :lol: :hug:

OMG!! I watching the recording and all you could hear is us yelling!!! I guess it was worth moving all the way down those sections...er or maybe not!:|

--And Weldy...It is BONO!!! so yelling is required..throat hurts from the yelling...

--maybe I shouldnt have had that Full Throttle drink before the show:huh:

Last edited:
BonoFox1 said:

ok it's a deal! I wish I'd done it this time! :sad:

But definitely next time!!!

BonoFox1 said:

WELDY :hug:

Actually while Im looking at this now I was commenting to Dorene that we should e-mail Tyra Banks to invite him to her show...

ah well now to look for the pics.......

You're welcome...I would have done the same thing :hug:

I wonder why I never thought of that...Tyra should totally have him on her show! She did raved about the shirts...which I thought was cool :up:

BonoFox1 said:
OMG!! I watching the recoring and all you could hear is us yelling!!! I guess it was worth moving all the way down those sections...er or maybe not!:|

--And Weldy...It is BONO!!! so yelling is required..throat hurts from the yelling...

--maybe I shouldnt have had that Full Throttle drink before the show:huh:

Bono is a rock star , screaming fangirls come with the title !!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

and I'm proud of your pleabn representation .

:applaud:

bonocomet said:

yay! when will he be back?? :hmm: :lol:

He is still in town Comet..Dorene and I are thinking of *maybe having a looksee at his fav haunts tomorrow* not sure if he will leave early or stay the weekend......

--note to self..plant somekind of tracking device on the B-man next time I get close enough...:evil:

We'll keep in touch on the next event Comet :up:

BonoFox1 said:

He is still in town Comet..Dorene and I are thinking of *maybe having a looksee at his fav haunts tomorrow* not sure if he will leave early or stay the weekend......

--note to self..plant somekind of tracking device on the B-man next time I get close enough...:evil:

We'll keep in touch on the next event Comet :up:

ooh you know his fave haunts?? :hmm:

definitely let me know next time... I'll do all I can to be there! :hug:

018.jpg

017.jpg

Congrats BonoFox1! :applaud: I believe there are pics posted a few pages back - or it might be a different thread. There were several going tonight.

Was the balcony crowded? Did you have to get dressed up for the occasion???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom