The Ouagadougou Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

Bring me up to speed, because I honestly haven't been paying attention...what, exactly, is wrong with your mother? :(

She has pancreatitis, has for about a year now. Came down with it the day I moved to Melbourne last year. As the removalists were taking the furniture out of my place in Brisbane, the paramedics were taking my mother out. She describes the pain of a pancreatitis attack as worse than childbirth. She had another serious attack of it in early February and was in hospital for the best part of a week. Yesterday she again went to hospital fearing another attack, but luckily it turns out that it was another issue, and after monitoring her for most of the day, the doctors decided that it should go away and hopefully won't require treatment.

phillyfan26 said:

Actually, my amp's sound is perfect for what Ronson has going there. It's just a matter of getting my amp on the second floor when no one's home.

Yeah, that's tricky. I do all of my recording in the basement, so the setup is a bit easier.

Learn Queen Bitch if you haven't already. It's fun stuff.

Axver said:
Brett Lee hits three fours in three balls and then gets out! What an over!

Cricket FTW. :up:

Brett Lee FTW. I actually find it really funny how over the last four years, Australia's tail-end suddenly found out that it could bat as well as most middle orders.

Axver said:

She has pancreatitis, has for about a year now. Came down with it the day I moved to Melbourne last year. As the removalists were taking the furniture out of my place in Brisbane, the paramedics were taking my mother out. She describes the pain of a pancreatitis attack as worse than childbirth. She had another serious attack of it in early February and was in hospital for the best part of a week. Yesterday she again went to hospital fearing another attack, but luckily it turns out that it was another issue, and after monitoring her for most of the day, the doctors decided that it should go away and hopefully won't require treatment.

Damn, that's awful. :( I had no idea a person could have chronic pancreatitis. All I know is that my dog had it once and went into shock. :reject:

I send out my best wishes for her. I hope this isn't too stressful on you, but I imagine it could be. :slant:

major_panic said:

Brett Lee FTW. I actually find it really funny how over the last four years, Australia's tail-end suddenly found out that it could bat as well as most middle orders.

It pisses me off how much the Aussie tail can wag on occasion. Brett Lee ... meh. I don't hate him like I hate half of the Aussie cricket team at least. I never used to like him, his bowling was all style and no substance, but he sure as anything has added that substance over the last few seasons. He's bloody lethal right now. I'll maintain people like Shane Bond are better, but I still don't like it when Lee comes on to bowl against New Zealand!

Axver said:

It pisses me off how much the Aussie tail can wag on occasion. Brett Lee ... meh. I don't hate him like I hate half of the Aussie cricket team at least. I never used to like him, his bowling was all style and no substance, but he sure as anything has added that substance over the last few seasons. He's bloody lethal right now. I'll maintain people like Shane Bond are better, but I still don't like it when Lee comes on to bowl against New Zealand!

I don't think anyone likes it when Lee comes on to bowl against their team. Man, speaking of the Aussie tailend, I really miss the days of Bevan. Also McGrath, Gillespie and Warne (mostly the first two) - I still remember their epic batting attempts a couple of years back. And Hogg can bat pretty well, too.

LemonMelon said:

Damn, that's awful. :( I had no idea a person could have chronic pancreatitis. All I know is that my dog had it once and went into shock. :reject:

I send out my best wishes for her. I hope this isn't too stressful on you, but I imagine it could be. :slant:

Yeah, it can be a permanent condition, due to a problem within the pancreas. I can't remember the precise details off the top of my head. Apparently she was basically born that way, and it was only inevitable that one day it would rear its ugly head. They can't treat the condition itself, just the attacks.

Thanks. Yeah, it's not too fun, especially as I'm 18 hours away. The part that makes me feel worst is that my move from Queensland to Victoria probably caused the stress that helped induce it in the first place. I'd lived out of home for a year already, but I was only an hour's drive away from her and she visited every Monday. But Melbourne - now we see each other only a few times a year.

major_panic said:

I don't think anyone likes it when Lee comes on to bowl against their team. Man, speaking of the Aussie tailend, I really miss the days of Bevan. Also McGrath, Gillespie and Warne (mostly the first two) - I still remember their epic batting attempts a couple of years back. And Hogg can bat pretty well, too.

McGrath is one of the few Aussie cricketers who I genuinely like. What a legend. I was really sad to see him go. I loved watching him attempt to figure out which end of the bat to hold too. :wink:

Warney can go fuck himself, though. Worst thing to happen to cricket since Bodyline. liamcool and I have spoken about doing a parody black metal band called A Text Message From Warney.

mysterious_jen said:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

run like fuck .

reminds me to turn the on call phone on ooops!

:lol:

Yeah, thank god for the cellphone ringing.....she wanted to hear about the wedding we went to yesterday. Honestly it should be made into a comedy....

Axver said:

McGrath is one of the few Aussie cricketers who I genuinely like. What a legend. I was really sad to see him go. I loved watching him attempt to figure out which end of the bat to hold too. :wink:

SIXTY ONE NOT OUT!

Warne for the meh.

Oh fuck. On FYM, Sting2/Strongbow has made a thread comparing economic stats of the Clinton years to the Bush years. This cannot go well.

Axver said:
Telephones for the epic phail. :down:

:up:

There's a bloody Panadol ad on TV at the moment, and the phone on that has the exact same text tone as my phone. I am sick to fucking death thinking it's my phone or the kids bringing it to me thinking I have a text :madwife:

LemonMelon said:

Yeah, that's tricky. I do all of my recording in the basement, so the setup is a bit easier.

Learn Queen Bitch if you haven't already. It's fun stuff.

Very fun song. I'm a bit inconsistent on it because of the chord changing speed.

Y'know, I wonder how people can be so stupid...

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23306132-2702,00.html

MELBOURNE is nice but Sydney is the best, New South Wales Premier Morris Iemma has said as he announced that Sydney had been voted the world's best city in an international survey.

It is the second year in a row Sydney has been named the world's best city by the Anholt City Brands Index, followed this time by London, Paris, Rome and New York.

Melbourne, the next best Australian city, ranked sixth.

The index surveyed more than 10,300 perceptions of the cultural, political, commercial and human assets, investment potential and tourist appeal of 40 cities across the world.

Mr Iemma was asked today what Sydney could do to help Melbourne improve its ranking.

"We don't want to help Melbourne, at all," Mr Iemma said.

"Melbourne is a nice place but Sydney is the best - simply the best.

"If you are not living in Sydney you are simply camping out, as Paul (former prime minister Paul Keating) said."

Mr Iemma said Sydney was a compassionate, tolerant and understanding city where the likes of the annual Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras can flourish.

As if Sydney's "compassionate, tolerant and understanding". Cronulla, anyone?

major_panic said:
As if Sydney's "compassionate, tolerant and understanding". Cronulla, anyone?

Zing!

Sydney's a complete fucking hole. Its public transportation is worse, the less said about the western suburbs the better, the racial intolerance is off the charts and it thus has a comparative lack of integrated multiculturalism, and Liam lives there.

OK, I'm back.

Had to set up my guitar rig so I can do some serious late-night rocking-the-fuck-out.

.....Under headphones. :(

phillyfan26 said:
New York is not the best city in the US.

I'd nominate Chicago, personally.

Boston seemed pretty fucking cool to me.

Nashville and Chattanooga both for the epic phail.

They're the only cities I feel I can really say I saw properly.

re: cities:

Boston = best place to grow up/raise a family

NY = best place to spend your rarin' 20s

Chicago = pretty cool middle ground, awesome art museum

i'm going to get some water. brb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom