The Official NFL Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think ESPN said it best after TO's interview.

"If you didn't know the track record behind this guy, you'd think he was the model teammate!"

Anyway, I still think later he'll throw Romo under the bus so to speak. I'm waaaaaiting.

In defense of Romo, even though he cost the Cowboys the game, there was plenty of time left over for Seattle to hit their own field goal. They have one of the best kickers in the game, and Hasselbeck was starting to get into a groove there at the end. While there is the chance that the Cowboys could have stopped them, it's a good bet that Seattle would've won this game anyway.

But he basically gift-wrapped it for them... :shrug:

Screwtape2 said:
The only stats you need are these:

Last two meetings between Colts and Ravens: Colts 2-0.

The only major difference between then and now: Steve McNair.

Last four meetings between Colts and McNair's Titans: Colts 4-0.

well, if you're looking to the past rather than this year, here's a more meaningful stat:

Dungy/Manning: Always lose big games

Billick/Lewis et al: Superbowl winners

I usually don't do this, because as a fan I understand how everyone feels about their team and I usually feel bad for everybody in some way, but in the case of the Smellboys and that annoyingly overrated Romo I must make an exception..

MUHAHAHAHAH~!!!!!

:madspit: :evil: :yes: :laugh: :D :dancing: :rockon: :bonodrum:

DALLAS LOST! YAY!!!! And in a most painful way!

Now hopefully this will shut up the media about Romo! WHOOOOO!!!

I honestly feel a little bad for the guy. I mean, he did help this team in so many ways. And then this happens to him.

Though, he was getting a bit cocky at times I have to say. Main point I want to make though is I hate the Cowboys and I really dislike TO. Therefore, I am very happy to see them lose.

I am not going to shed any tears for Romo. I do not like Dallas very much and so it's hard for me to feel bad for anyone on that roster.

But, wow, that is a tough way to lose.

Sports....gotta love it, you never freaking know what craziness you're going to see next....games like this and the end of the Fiesta Bowl are prime examples....

ljclary said:
As for the Indy game, if KC had actually come into the building today I would be giving Indy way more props but I just wouldn't be counting my chickens yet.

hilarious.

The Colts defense steps up and shuts down a decent offense and people say "well, it is because the other team didn't show up."

I am sure we can come up with some lame "excuse" for all of the Colts victories...including the one against the Pats. Or how about the drubbing of the Eagles. They also beat the Jets and the Giants.

Anyway...

I'm still trying to recover from Cowher stepping down. I am a die-hard Steeler fan and really hate to see him go, for many reasons. I at least hope they go for someone internal, preferably Wiesenhunt...but, I'd be pleased with Grimm, too. If they do go outside, Rivera of the Bears might not be a bad choice...I just do not want to see a retread, want someone new, like Cowher was.

Zoney, I don't think Parcells even knows what he wants to do at this point. That's a painful way to go out.

Last edited:
zoney! said:

hilarious.

The Colts defense steps up and shuts down a decent offense and people say "well, it is because the other team didn't show up."

I am sure we can come up with some lame "excuse" for all of the Colts victories...including the one against the Pats. Or how about the drubbing of the Eagles. They also beat the Jets and the Giants.

Anyway...

They beat a slightly above average team (9 wins, 2 against Oakland) with an average (#16 in yds, #15 in points) offense and average defense (#16) at home. Something Manning/Dungy do routinely.

What they can't do is win the BIG games, especially on the road.

ya can look at the colts/chefs game one of two ways...

a) the colts won a game despite peyton manning having one of his usual shitty playoff performances, which is a good thing for the colts chances going forward.

b) peyton manning is still a pussy, but herm edwards is a fucking toolbag and couldn't take advantage of yet another shitty playoff performance from "the best QB in the league."

i'm not sure which one i'm siding with yet.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

b) peyton manning is still a pussy, but herm edwards is a fucking toolbag and couldn't take advantage of yet another shitty playoff performance from "the best QB in the league."

i'm not sure which one i'm siding with yet.

perfect.

Yeah, go with B, Headache. The Chiefs had the Colts in the perfect situation - sucking on offense for the entire first half. But the offense for KC didn't show up, wore down their defense by getting like 9 minutes of ball posession, and gave the Colts the game.

Gotta love this...big Belichick gives little brother "Man-genious" the smackdown :)

Chargers next week is gonna be tough though...sure wish Rodney Harrison could go.

Edit: and the ageless Vinne Testaverde gets in the game :)

I'm actually glad the Pats won :shocked: Now they can knock off the Chargers for the Colts :wink: and the Colts can host the Pats and defeat them soundly in the AFC Championship game in Indy! ;)

We got out of there alive! Our defense is still dreadful. But we'll take it.

(Phantom penalty on W-Brook's return must have been retaliation for blowing the Runyan call.)

I hate to do this, and I admit, I missed most of the 4th quarter. I know, the best part... However, I did watch the game up until about 9 minutes left b/c of an obligation.

What offensive scheme do the Giants even have? I'm sorry, they looked great on that first drive. Calling the right plays, and then...we all know what happened. Pretty much nothing until that 2nd Plaxico td.

To be honest, there has been so much said of this defense playing poor, they held their own only to have punt after punt by the offense.

Is Amani Toomer(UM grad by the way) that important that the entire offense sputters when he's gone? Or is it coaching? Is it Eli? WHAT THE HELL?

I'll take Rex over Eli any day.

U2Kitten said:
I'm actually glad the Pats won :shocked: Now they can knock off the Chargers for the Colts :wink: and the Colts can host the Pats and defeat them soundly in the AFC Championship game in Indy! ;)

You don't mess with Tom Brady in a dome.

first things first, i saw none of the jets/pats game and only the 4th quarter of the giants/eagles game... had a game in poughkeepsie @ marist college, a 2 1/2 hour drive from LI, at 4:30. listened to the first half of the jet game on the radio, and the only way i was able to see the 4th quarter of the giants game is because we took the team out to applebee's after the game.

so i can't comment at all on the Pats 'cause i didn't see any of it, and i can't say much about the giants/eagles game except for this... i feel quite vindicated after that game for two reasons.

a) with a new GM coming in, there is absolutey no reason now for coughlin to keep his job... which makes me quite happy.

b) all the eagles fans who think their team was sooooo good and thought they would just roll right through the hapless giants were proven to have absolutely no clue as to what they're talking about. the "hottest team in the league" needed a last second field goal, at home, to beat the hapless giants. fly eagles fly. your team sucks, too.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

b) all the eagles fans who think their team was sooooo good and thought they would just roll right through the hapless giants were proven to have absolutely no clue as to what they're talking about. the "hottest team in the league" needed a last second field goal, at home, to beat the hapless giants. fly eagles fly. your team sucks, too.

crybaby.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom