The Official NFL Thread, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
well... after seeing the colts struggle with the jets, the vikings lose to buffalo, the bengals get smacked around by the pats... i was all on the "there are no great teams in the NFL this year" bandwagon...

San Diego?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
well... after seeing the colts struggle with the jets, the vikings lose to buffalo, the bengals get smacked around by the pats... i was all on the "there are no great teams in the NFL this year" bandwagon...

I'm with you Headache. The Bengals, Colts and Seahawks had an opportunity to show the league that they were the teams to beat. However, the Colts are still undefeated. I think it is good that thier games are so close because it shows that they can win sloppy. In years past, they didn't have this ability.
The Colts still have to be the favorites to win the AFC and the Bears favorites in the NFC.

Screwtape2 said:

When was the last time you checked the scoreboard, phillyfan?

Last week. :wink:

Sorry, I just got back from the middle of nowhere (AKA Happy Valley).

Screwtape2 said:

The Colts still have to be the favorites to win the AFC and the Bears favorites in the NFC.

The Colts will probably end up having the best record in the AFC again. But as we all know, that doesn't matter much, does it? :wink:

And the Bears were very impressive. With their schedule being somewhat easy, I could see them being undefeated when they visit the Patriots in November.

Or the Bears could get slapped by the Bills this week. Each time this season a team gets annointed as the second coming of the 72 Dolphins (See Dolphins out of the gate, Eagles after beating Friggin lowly Houston, Giants after beating Iggles, Seabags after pounding Giants, Been Gals after beating Squeelers) they get their come-uppance the following Sunday.
Smart Money's on the Bills this weekend.

I think the Steelers will rebound and do fairly well the rest of the way. Whether that's good enough in a division that features both the Ravens and Bengals, who knows...

As for the Giants...er, you may have a point there.

Hewson said:
Or the Bears could get slapped by the Bills this week. Each time this season a team gets annointed as the second coming of the 72 Dolphins (See Dolphins out of the gate, Eagles after beating Friggin lowly Houston, Giants after beating Iggles, Seabags after pounding Giants, Been Gals after beating Squeelers) they get their come-uppance the following Sunday.
Smart Money's on the Bills this weekend.

I can't wait until some team goes undefeated and those 72 Dolphin douche-bags won't get to pop a bottle of champagne every year. :mad:

Who anointed the Bears as the second coming of the 72 Dolphins? :huh: The Bears could get slapped around by the Bills this weekend, but I just don't see that happening. I think it'll be a close game. This is a Dick Jauron team we're talking about here. :wink:
I will refrain from saying anything about Rex Grossman as last time I did something bad happened to him. :angry:

Why does the media have to drone on and on about T.O.? It really is quite sickening.

And what's funny is that most columns talk about how they don't like going on and on about T.O., and yet they do anyway...

:mad:

I think Matt Leinart is going to get walloped on Sunday. I have him on my fantasy team and it's Carson Palmer's bye week, but I still don't have the courage to start Leinart :reject:

They've got an easy schedule, though. I really can't see them doing worse than 13-3 or 12-4 now.

But don't worry, I'll give you some shit about them when they visit New England in November. Perhaps I'll try to jinx Rex Grossman again... :lol:

:wink:

Honestly, I'm really worried about Eagles-Cowboys. We're missing HUGE pieces of our secondary in Lito Sheppard and Rod Hood. That guy Hanson is the worst DB I've seen in quite a while. He'll have to stick Glenn or Owens. Someone's having a big day.

Not to mention our only non-Donovan weapons, Stallworth and Westbrook, possibly not playing either.

And by the way, I can't stand the fans doing the whole pill thing. It's not clever or creative. I'm OK with the boos, but if I were in charge of the fans for Philly, I would make complete silence upon T.O. entering. He wants attention all the time, so we'll ignore him.

Last edited:
I don't see the Eagles winning this game whether Stallworth or Westbrook play. The Eagles have a good record and solid stats so far, but they haven't really played a defense like the Cowboys yet. I think they're in for a rude awakening (although it will probably be beneficial to them in the long run).

phanan said:
I don't see the Eagles winning this game whether Stallworth or Westbrook play. The Eagles have a good record and solid stats so far, but they haven't really played a defense like the Cowboys yet. I think they're in for a rude awakening (although it will probably be beneficial to them in the long run).

If Stallworth and Westbrook play, I don't fear that overrated Dallas D for a second. Our O-line has been great so far.

Our only problem right now is injuries.

I'm not worried about Dallas winning the game. Philly has a solid defensive corps too, and I think the Eagles' offense is way better on paper than the Cowboys', provided Westbrook and Stallworth play as phillyfan26 said.

Eagles 34 - Cowboys 10

I just hope TO doesn't catch a touchdown, Philly's going to tear the stadium down! :yikes:

DaveC said:
I'm not worried about Dallas winning the game. Philly has a solid defensive corps too, and I think the Eagles' offense is way better on paper than the Cowboys', provided Westbrook and Stallworth play as phillyfan26 said.

Eagles 34 - Cowboys 10

I just hope TO doesn't catch a touchdown, Philly's going to tear the stadium down! :yikes:

Hood and Sheppard are out, correct? If so, then the Cowboys will be scoring often on that bum Hanson. Remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom