The Official NFL Thread, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
forget about the INT's... two of 'em were plaxico's fault to begin with... just on the defensive side. they get zero pass rush... again... yet at the same time every reciever is wide open... wide fucking open. and as i type this, someone else is wide open, and he rolls into the end zone... literally... rolls as two giants run past him.

they're awful... they suck... they're not winning shit.

if tim lewis makes the trip back from seattle without getting fired, i call shennanigans.

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Tampa Bay quarterback Chris Simms had his spleen removed after taking several hard hits in Sunday's 26-24 loss to the Carolina Panthers and was resting comfortably in a hospital, according to a television report.

Simms had a blood transfusion as part of his treatment and was expected to be hospitalized for several days, Peter King said during a break on NBC's Sunday Night Football, citing a conversation he had with Simms' mother, Diana Simms.

pl_667099.jpg

Philadelphia Eagles: 2-1
New York Giants: 1-2

:happy:

Seeing the Giants get hammered like that again for 75% of a game almost makes up for last week. Almost, because it's the Seahawks. :down:

Last edited:
Pats get spanked by a team that even the "4-12" Rams can beat, that can't be a good sign

Why is it that Miami can't afford a decent offensive line? Ever?! :angry:
We won and all, but it had to be a win against a team like the Titans. :|

Yay. We are 1-2 now. :|

Chizip said:
Pats get spanked by a team that even the "4-12" Rams can beat, that can't be a good sign

I wouldn't necessarily call that getting spanked. The Giants game was a spanking, not this. It was basically two long plays to Walker that sealed the game.

Nonetheless, it seems Denver certainly has New England's number.

DaveC said:
pl_667099.jpg

Philadelphia Eagles: 2-1
New York Giants: 1-2

:happy:

Seeing the Giants get hammered like that again for 75% of a game almost makes up for last week. Almost, because it's the Seahawks. :down:

i suppose this is the point where i make some snippy comment about how the eagles have played 3 shitty teams and have only come away with 2 wins, but, alas, i won't make that comment, because i don't give a shit what the eagles do, as long as they lose to the giants... which they did... in humiliating fashion.

Last edited:
so when a player speaks out in the media and slams his coaches, he's a douchebag... but what if he's right?

shockey's getting slammed in the press for his comments about how the giants have been getting "outplayed and outcoached," but he's absolutely right.

last week their D was completely unprepared for the eagles no huddle, despite the fact that the eagles used the no huddle against houston the week before. and for three straight weeks, the coverage schemes have been horrific. you can blame the players for not executing or getting blamed all you want... but after a while, when the opponent is consistantly, time and time again, bare ass open with no one within 10 yards, you have to start looking at the guy's who are calling the plays to begin with.

coughlin's supposed to be this big disciplanarian, yet the giants consistantly are in the top 3 in penalties. it's clear as day to everyone who watches this team play that eli manning is a far superior quarterback when playing out of the no-huddle, yet week after week they wait until the team is down before putting using it, despite the fact that week after week it's been succesful.

they decided to use a "slient" count to start the game to battle the noise, but it didn't work... at all... eli had to go up and slap the damned center in the ass just to remind him to snap the ball when they were in the shotgun. they run at times where it seems obvious to even the lay football fan that they should pass, and pass when it seems obvious they should run.

it's unbelievable... maybe it's a hangover from the debocle at the meadowlands last year against carolina. whatever it is, they've got 2 weeks to figure it out, but the way things are going right now, coughlin doesn't last the season.

but hey... the way things are going now, the giants will go 4-12, get a high pick and a last place schedule next year and get to roll over a few bums on their way to a winning records.

the nfl... gotta love it.

Last edited:
Seeing the Packers win made my weekend! :hyper:

Yeah, I know...it was just against the Lions...but I'll take what I can get! :D

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i suppose this is the point where i make some snippy comment about how the eagles have played 3 shitty teams and have only come away with 2 wins, but, alas, i won't make that comment, because i don't give a shit what the eagles do, as long as they lose to the giants... which they did... in humiliating fashion.
Just to be fair, the Iggles have been favorites 3 times, winning only twice, the Giants have been favorites zero times and have 1 victory.

The Eagles should be 3-0 now, and should beat the Pack handily Monday. The question is can they handle Dallas, Jacksonville, Carolina, Indy and even Washington as the season progresses?

It might be a blessing for New York to get the three hardest games on their schedule out of the way early. While the Eagles have a horrible final six games, the Giants schedule gets easier down the road. The NFC East will come down to how the Eagles do against physical football teams. That's assuming that the Giants can get it together. :wink:

Hewson said:
Just to be fair, the Iggles have been favorites 3 times, winning only twice, the Giants have been favorites zero times and have 1 victory.

The Eagles should be 3-0 now, and should beat the Pack handily Monday. The question is can they handle Dallas, Jacksonville, Carolina, Indy and even Washington as the season progresses?

Well, they will beat New York next time for sure, so include that. They can handle Dallas, Carolina, and Washington, only Jacksonville, and Indy scare me. Put em down at 11-5 or 12-4.

Anytime you crush a team so bad you make their entire fanbase re-evaluate their players and coaches - that's awesome. There's also nothing better than watching your team whoop the ass of a team that's been having their you-know-what you-know-whatted all week by the media (and their own fans). And when that team accuses you of cheating, even better. And when that team is from New York, even better. And when the team has Eli Manning as their quarterback, even better.

I mean seriously, how can you possibly root for a player who refuses to play for the team that drafts him? He's the white Steve Francis. Funny how these players always end up in New York...

That's now 5 in a row against the "mighty" NFC East. Cheer up Giants fans - at least you didn't get shut out 42-0 in your own stadium on Monday Night Football. Boy, wouldn't that be embarrassing...

(Note to self - in the future, never again piss off both Giants fans and Eagles fans in the same post... that's asking for trouble. :) I guess I just wanted to restore some coastal balance to this whole thing.)

Edit - stupid Madden cover.

Last edited:
Tony Kornheiser sucks. Why do I say this? Because he has me defending Joe Theismann.

JT: "Because of the soft turf, they need to run with their bodies on top of their legs."
TK: "At what point would they be running with their bodies NOT on top of their legs?"

When they're running hunched over and off-balance, bozo.

JT: "I am impressed with his ability to catch the ball with his hands."
TK: "As opposed to what, with his feet?"

As opposed to having the ball clang off his shoulder pads, you idiot.

fmattyh said:

I mean seriously, how can you possibly root for a player who refuses to play for the team that drafts him? He's the white Steve Francis. Funny how these players always end up in New York...

Or the non horse faced John Elway??

GO STEELERS!

Ok, now that that’s outta the way, here’s my question. I have the sundayticket package from directv. I’m thinking about getting Superfan (www.heybuttercup.com). Anyone have it? Worth the extra $100? How’s that redzone channel? Anyway, lemme know by next Sunday if you think I should get it.

speedracer said:
Tony Kornheiser sucks. Why do I say this? Because he has me defending Joe Theismann.

JT: "Because of the soft turf, they need to run with their bodies on top of their legs."
TK: "At what point would they be running with their bodies NOT on top of their legs?"

When they're running hunched over and off-balance, bozo.

JT: "I am impressed with his ability to catch the ball with his hands."
TK: "As opposed to what, with his feet?"

As opposed to having the ball clang off his shoulder pads, you idiot.

ESPN could not have put together a worse pair of commentators. One's a former player who makes stupid comments, and one's a wiseass sports writer who makes stupid comments. I don't need stupid comments. I watched John Madden for years, with things like, "If you took away Brett Favre's interceptions, he's having a pretty good year." I don't need more.

Does everyone just like to bitch and moan about sportscasters? People complain about Stu Scott's over the top approach, Tirico being too boring, Kornheiser being stupid...I could go on and on. It seems like nothing pleases people. To paraphrase Rick Pitino - Howard Cossell's not walking through that door folks, Chick Hearn's not walking through that door....

Are you really watching the game because of the guys calling the game or are you interested in what's going on on the field?

fmattyh said:
Anytime you crush a team so bad you make their entire fanbase re-evaluate their players and coaches - that's awesome. There's also nothing better than watching your team whoop the ass of a team that's been having their you-know-what you-know-whatted all week by the media (and their own fans). And when that team accuses you of cheating, even better. And when that team is from New York, even better. And when the team has Eli Manning as their quarterback, even better.

That's now 5 in a row against the "mighty" NFC East. Cheer up Giants fans - at least you didn't get shut out 42-0 in your own stadium on Monday Night Football. Boy, wouldn't that be embarrassing...

(Note to self - in the future, never again piss off both Giants fans and Eagles fans in the same post... that's asking for trouble. :) I guess I just wanted to restore some coastal balance to this whole thing.)

Edit - stupid Madden cover.

Seahawks' Alexander out indefinitely with foot fracture

booooooooo ya

the steve francis thing is silly... it's not like he was traded from vancouver straight to new york. and frankly, you can have him back if he means that much to ya. really... take him. we don't want him.

So apparently TO tried to commit suicide by ingesting a large amount of painkillers. Even if you don't like the guy that is pretty sad.

I think it is interesting that AOL and Yahoo news are reporting the TO incident by calling it an allergic reaction to painkillers.

From AOL news:
Allergic Reaction Reportedly Hospitalizes T.O.
Cowboys Star's Publicist Says 'This Is Not Serious'
AP
DALLAS (Sept. 26) - Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens was hospitalized Tuesday night after suffering an allergic reaction to pain medication likely being taken for his broken right hand, according to newspaper and broadcast reports

Does anyone else think this is inaccurate reporting and media hype?

I'm not going to believe anything until I hear it straight from TO's mouth. Then again, I might not even believe it then - it is[i/] TO. I just don't see how this went from allergic reaction last night to suicide this morning. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom