The Official NBA Thread- Business Casual Atire is Required

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
aaand just like that larry brown has the knicks 2 games out of the 8th seed in the playoffs.

he can thank the Wizards, Magic, and Celtics inconsistent playing

the Raps are also on a bit of a streak as of late

hahaha, that's true

I'm a Magic fan at heart because I've grown up watching them

but I can't stand Stevie Trade Rumor or Grant Hill, the Human Band-aid

Dwight Howard will be an absolute beast in a few years, but he needs a leader, great passer, and a general offensive scheme, which the Magic seriously lack

The balance of power may not have shifted to the East as a whole, but the Pissed-ons have certainly dismantled the defending champ Spurs on both occasions this season.

Hewson said:
The balance of power may not have shifted to the East as a whole, but the Pissed-ons have certainly dismantled the defending champ Spurs on both occasions this season.

Indeed. Now let's just hope we don't have to play Utah in the finals. :mad:

i can't comment on the pistons.

i've made my feelings on them well known in the past, but they're playing too well right now to say 'em again and look like i have half a clue as to what i'm talking about.

there's something to be said for a team that like each other, play well together, and have an amazingly high level of confidence in each other... can't hurt that flip, for all the insults i've thrown his way in the past, is using rasheed wallace WAY better than larry brown ever did. 'sheed is still capable of losing his mind at any second, and without brown's calming tar heel influence to keep him in check, i still wouldn't be surprised to see wallace just loose his mind if the pistons hit a bad stretch of games.

that said, you'd have to be an idiot to not say that they have to be considered the favorites to win the title as of today. i still think that if shaq's healthy heading into the playoffs no one beats the heat... but that's turning into a big if, because shaq simply isn't keeping himself in as good shape as he should be.

stammer476 said:

Indeed. Now let's just hope we don't have to play Utah in the finals. :mad:

Miami and San Antonio are probably trying to come up with a way to pry Mehmet Okur from the Jazz.

i have a feeling san antonio has sunk into that same mode that the final years of the shaq/kobe lakers had gotten into... the "we can just turn it on in the playoffs, no need to kill ourselfs in the regular season" mode. sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.

i know that's strange to say about a team that's 27-9, but it just doesn't look like they're playing with the same fire and enegry that the pistons are. :shrug: maybe that's just a reflection of tim duncan's personality vs. 'sheed's personality

I always thought the Spurs were a 2nd half of the season team anyways

Finley and Van Exel will start to gel into the system, and they'll ride that momentum into the drudge that is The First Round of the NBA playoffs

Simmons is about 5'11" or 6'. He's kind of skinny, but it's not like he's some grossly overweight lardball with crumbs on his shirt or some short twerp with thick glasses and terrible acne.

antonio davis is going to be suspended, and deservedly so. you do not go into the stands... ever. no one knows what could have happened if some drunk moron decided to take a swing at him while he was up there.

that said... this is not ron artest. this is an upstanding citizen of the NBA, a man who's so respected by his peers that they voted him president of the player's association. and he went up there for reasons that any logical person could understand... to protect his wife. if i was in his position, i probably would have done the same thing.

The gentleman who Davis had to "protect" his wife from has filed a lawsuit for slander (Davis) and battery (wife). Now it seems that first hand reports indicate that Kendra Davis may have been the aggressor here. By the way Davis walked up the steps it didn't seem like he believed his family to be in any imminent danger. :shrug:

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Kobe just scored 81 points over the Raptors at the Staples Center.

Second most points in a game by one player ever. Only Wilt scored more with his hundred point game four decades ago.

I already disliked him. Now he's finally legitimately done something that MJ never did. I'm a little bit in shock.

:ohmy:

Oh, and not to take anything away from Kobe, but the Raptors' coach should be fired immediatly. When a player of Kobe's calibre starts heating up, you double on him every time he catches the ball. Do you know when the first time the Raps' coach had his team double up on Kobe was? When there was 26 seconds left in the game, that's when. If it doesn't occur to you to mention the phrase 'DOUBLE UP KOBE' to your players when Kobe has 30, and then 40, and then 50, and then 60, and then 70, and then 80 points, you should be relieved of your coaching duties immediatly because you obviously can't coach. Sam Mitchell became a spectator. Coaches don't get paid to watch the games.

Last edited:
namkcuR said:

Second most points in a game by one player ever. Only Wilt scored more with his hundred point game four decades ago.

I already disliked him. Now he's finally legitimately done something that MJ never did. I'm a little bit in shock.

Oh, and not to take anything away from Kobe, but the Raptors' coach should be fired immediatly. When a player of Kobe's calibre starts heating up, you double on him every time he catches the ball. Do you know when the first time the Raps' coach had his team double up on Kobe was? When there was 26 seconds left in the game, that's when. If it doesn't occur to you to mention the phrase 'DOUBLE UP KOBE' to your players when Kobe has 30, and then 40, and then 50, and then 60, and then 70, and then 80 points, you should be relieved of your coaching duties immediatly because you obviously can't coach. Sam Mitchell became a spectator. Coaches don't get paid to watch the games.

thats nothing

its about time something like that happened

its only something to write home about when darko milicic scores that amount of points

Last edited:
namkcuR said:

Or the coach realized that is was futile to double cover Kobe because he was clearly feeling it, making it pointless to try and stop him. Maybe the man can't coach, but it's not because of what Kobe did.

CrashedCarDriver said:

its only something to write home about when darko milicic scores that amount of points
By the time he retires, I think there is a very good chance that Darko will score 81 points, maybe even almost 100...for his career total.

i didn't watch the game so i can't really comment on it... based on the number of shots he took, i have no problem with kobe doing this. if people didn't criticize him for sitting down in the 4th quarter after dropping 60+ through 3 on the mavericks, he probably would have been on the bench in the last 3 minutes of hte game instead of shooting foul shots with just over a minute left.

my problem with the shot jackers... kobe, iverson, paul pierce, mcgrady, etc. etc. has always been that they don't score enough points to justify the number of shots they take. if you're gonna take 30 shots, you better not score just 30 points... or even 40 points... you better be scoring close to 60. thus then if you take 40 shots, you better be scoring 80... and that's what kobe did. :shrug:

i'm sure it'll be on classic sometime this week... i'll sit down and watch it. you can't break down a game you didn't see.

namkcuR said:

I´m amazed the coach really did that. :huh:

It was convenient that the Raptors wore red cause in the highlights, they looked like pylons as Kobe weaved through them.

Reactions on the Kings/Pacers trade?

Peja is a PACER and Artest is a KING!!

OH BOY!! This is going to be a wild ride now for Sac. Ron Artest is one of the best defenders in the NBA right now but... let's face it the man is missing a few screws. :coocoo: I can't wait to see him play on Friday though.

peja's one of the best shooters in the game but he has trouble creating his own shot... so if jermaine o'neal is healthy, which right now he isn't, the pacers will be very dangerous offensively... if o'neal's injury lingers, peja's stop over in indiana will be a short one... he's a free agent at the end of the year.

but even if they end up losing peja to free agency... at least they got rid of that absolute psychopath.

i thought artest was crazy before the brawl... after he tried to take a month off to promote a rap record, and didn't understand why the pacers were upset with this... everything that's happened since has only cemented the fact that he's absolutely insane.

good luck... maybe while he's in sac-town he can have an ultimate death match showdown with the terminator, who artest probably thinks is a real person...err... machine.

I like Peja! However, I don't know what else the Kings could have done but trade him.

Peja in '02 and '03 was awesome. However, he has been plagued by injury as of late. He also never really clicked with Webber and Bibby. When Webber left the Kings really hoped for Peja to take the role of "leader" but he never did and he just never got it together with Bibby and the rest of the starters.

Sacramento had to do something to spark the team. Just 4 years ago they were contenders for the title and now they are slowly becoming the old Sacramento team that... well, um sucked.

All of that aside, Artest can change Sacramento around if he wants to. A major "IF," since he seems to be from a different planet were simple logic just doesn't exist. It should be interesting to see how the players and Alderman will react to him and what it will do to the team's chemistry.

If he becomes a psychopath and major problem the Kings could always trade him. Afterall, I read that Lakers, Clips, and Knicks were after him as well!

Mrs. Vedder said:
I like Peja! However, I don't know what else the Kings could have done but trade him.

Peja in '02 and '03 was awesome. However, he has been plagued by injury as of late. He also never really clicked with Webber and Bibby. When Webber left the Kings really hoped for Peja to take the role of "leader" but he never did and he just never got it together with Bibby and the rest of the starters.

Sacramento had to do something to spark the team. Just 4 years ago they were contenders for the title and now they are slowly becoming the old Sacramento team that... well, um sucked.

All of that aside, Artest can change Sacramento around if he wants to. A major "IF," since he seems to be from a different planet were simple logic just doesn't exist. It should be interesting to see how the players and Alderman will react to him and what it will do to the team's chemistry.

If he becomes a psychopath and major problem the Kings could always trade him. Afterall, I read that Lakers, Clips, and Knicks were after him as well!

this is artest's last chance... if he goes crazy again, he's out of the league.

as for peja, he's a great shooter, but he's a bit soft. when they had pre-injury weber and vlade, two excellent passing bigs, peja was in his glory... the kings would dump the ball inside, forcing the defense to collapse, and then kick it out to peja, who'd either shoot, or take advantage of the recovering defense with a one dribble pull up. once vlade left and weber got hurt, the kings tried going outside-in, relying more on peja... but of course peja's a pansy-ass, and he can't carry a team on his own, so the kings have stunk for the past two years.

but if jermaine o'neal is healthy, peja could see a revitaization over in idiana.

Back
Top Bottom