The Official Interference World Cup Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
toscano said:
Germany has seen off England every time they've met in a major tournament over the last 39 years. In front of their home crowd, with England having shown next to nothing to worry them, why wouldn't they WANT to meet England ?

Id much rather we meet Germany than Ecuador, Germanys centre backs are abysmal, ideal for Rooney to capitalise on, but i do think Gerrard and Lampard dont work, we need that holding midfielder to open up the midfield and get us some space up front. time to try Carrick next game.

Bloody boring game :|

Wonders how long will the last game of the days sucks ........

Besides these bastards of mexico :rant: need to start scorin soon , so my score works

Who agrees that the teams that go through in Group D wont get further than the 2nd round, its such a weak group.

Well, based on that embarassing performance... it seems that the team from Group C that faces Mexico will have an easier time... if you can't beat Angola, you do not deserve to go far in this tournament...

We'll see how Portugal does tomorrow.

Portugal will knock shit loads pass iran , that be fun to watch.
Argies are looking shit strong , i fear them for the quaters now.

U2girl said:
:confused:
3 goals in first halftime and loads of opportunities to score in second on both sides isn't a lot of action and high tempo?

You didn't see the several times IC players got knocked down/pulled down in the penalty area? :shrug:

The first 45 minutes were great.
The second 45 not so much.
Not good at all.
The "not a lot of action and a low tempo" comment was about the second half.

Dutch defense was a total mess.
Ivory Coast should have taken more advantage of that.
To me, it didn't seem like they pressed hard enough.
Until like 5 minutes before the end.
If they had started earlier, I'm pretty sure they would have scored.

Where all substitutes for Ivory Coast more offense players?
With fresh blood on the field, I would have expected more.

Then again, I think substituting Van Nistelrooy for Landzaat already made it clear that The Netherlands were taken a more defensive roll.

Didn't really see any serious fauls happening that would justify a penalty for Ivory Coast.

O well, I'm watching through orange colored glasses, of course.

Serbia was atrocious today but the Argentinians are GREAT, better than I expected, I guess.

Angola is pretty terrible, I have no idea how the Mexicans couldn't win that game.

I feel sorry for Ivory Coast, had they gotten a better draw I think they'd have made it past the first round.

I still think Brazil might pump 3 or 4 goals past the Australians. If you have to play them, it's best to play them before they have had a chance to warm up.

It's official , you had no idea what the media said here about , I think every world , anyway , it's clear the big favorite of the cup now : Argentina , close followed by Spain , it's no use against that spectacular team . It's a bloody unbelievable team , they did the finest goals so far , they are unbeatable . Now what everyone was waiting it came , we got ourselves a real favorite :wink:

P.S.: A certain 'criticized' team is loving all this .

J_NP said:
So far we already got :

Germany
Ecuador
England
Sweeden - almost -
Argentina
Neederlands

Classified

Though I didnt see any real penalties for IC , only saw the guys diving , whata shame they're out .....

Drogba apears to have graduated top of his class in the "Scholes school of diving"

jimmmm said:

Well, as I've said before ENGLAND are pacing themselves, btw, what was the score the last time we met the boxheads in the fatherland?

Don't know. Was it in the finals of a major tournament ? (by major tournament I do of course mean the European Championships or World Cup).

anitram said:
Serbia was atrocious today but the Argentinians are GREAT, better than I expected, I guess.

Angola is pretty terrible, I have no idea how the Mexicans couldn't win that game.

I feel sorry for Ivory Coast, had they gotten a better draw I think they'd have made it past the first round.

I still think Brazil might pump 3 or 4 goals past the Australians. If you have to play them, it's best to play them before they have had a chance to warm up.

Angola is terrible, but the have Iran next. The worst African team might actually be the only one to qualify.......feel bad for Ivory Coast being drawn in that group.

Looks like the European federation was right to get pissed off at FIFA for taking away one of their spots given how poorly the Africans have done with a record number of participants

J_NP said:
Bloody Mexico :eyebrow: They've ruined my score bet ......

lol

they ruined more than that... I didn't have classes today for the damn game, I was amused... I knew it, they always lose or tie with "small teams"

Well I was just defeated by Australia (playing as England....yes i know, i'm aussie and i'm playing as england!) in the world cup semis In FIFA WC 2006 on PC and I was beaten on Penalties (just so happend it was beckhams penalty that was missed haha)

They went on to beat yes the Ivory Coast in the final on Penalties...how realistic!

Anything is possible, ya just gotta believe in yourself!

im planning on sitting up all night watching it in surround sound on my 42" plasma screen, if we win i will run outside chanting Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi!!!, i heard yesterday that Sven Goran Ericsson said australia was a chance (id bet he love brazil to get knocked out before england have to play them!!!), but a Win for Australia or Brazil virtually gaurentees a place in the Round of 16

Just watched the highlights of that Argentina/Serbia match.

Damn. :drool:

Silly tackle by Kezman though. I still maintain he's a great player and I was secretly hoping he'd score a few and shut people up but he has to go and do that.

Fantastic player Deco I keep saying this , Brazil that is watching must be feeling bad , sure they got plenty of great players , but still Deco is fantastic , they must be feelin sorry they let him go . I have no doubt he would add some real quality to brazil's team.

Holy Shit did ya all see the attack Figo's Face suffered , ouch that must have hurt.

Jesus Christ what a bloody crap referee , Portugal is getting their asses kicked ( phisically ) and the ref does nothing , did you all counted how many times iran's player's elbows 'touched' the players . And all , and now this last play , Ronaldo suffered the foul and he gave it to Iran .... bloody terrible

Bout The game Portugal started very well , with some pretty cool plays and moves , almost scored , lets see if they get the engine good for the 2nd half.

No way dude , didnt see any act , that PK was bloody clear , Figo was kicked

Ghana scores in the first two minutes against the Czechs. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom