The Official 2006 NBA Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wrong play...he was tied up by Luke, which led to the jump ball, which led to Kobe....oh, you know....

How about the Clippers??? did anysome see that SOB Ruben Patterson reach down between Kaiman's legs and grab his balls....? Even Brent Musberger and his co-hort were cracking up at that....that's led to Kaiman knocking Patterson to the floor....ball-smacker!

Chris Kaman is rocking the '80s Hulk haircut.

kamanchris0603260gb.jpg

hulkhogan7ws.jpg

namkcuR said:

It bothers me when Bill Walton commentates on ANY game.

Don't put the ball on the floor! That's just TERRRRRRRRRIBLE. You gotta THROW IT DOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN, big fella.

put it down big man, put it down :lmao:

I didn't listen to the Walton feed on Friday night. Went with the other one (with Stu).

not very good officiating down the stretch in the lakers-suns game... all be it the suns shouldn't have been in that position to begin with.

nash got fouled and he called for a timeout... and they called a jump ball instead, marking perhaps the first time i've ever seen a jump ball called in the final seconds of an NBA playoff game.

secondly... and not that it mattered because it was a walton vs. nash and nash wasn't going to win the jump anyways... but walton's feet were back on the floor before he tapped the ball, making it a miss-jump that should have been thrown up again. not that big a deal because nash wouldn't have won the re-jump anyway, but if they throw it up a second time ya never know what happens.

all that said... the suns defense was terrible off the jump. they had two guys guarding kobe and still let him penetrate to the foul line for a clean look. hellooooooo. i mean if you're going to put 2 guys on him at least make him take a 3, if not force him to throw it to a teammate. ya can't let him penetrate so easily. but hey... now the suns are screwed... and it looks like an all LA semi final matchup is a brewing.

just stop and think about that for a second... the LA Clippers have a legit shot at getting to the NBA Finals. what is going on here.

The league's reviewing The Kaman/Evans Nut Grab now, I have no clue what they'd do to Reggie Evans, suspend him? fine him?

A few weeks ago when I said the Kings would give the Spurs fits, my roommate (also a Mavs fan, albeit a person who knows absolutely nothing about basketball) scoffed and said that the Kings suck and they'll be handily swept.

Even if the Kings don't win another game in this series, I might have to shove a crow down his throat.

I really hope the Kings take the series to 7 games.

and prly add another entry to the Rick Adelman's Greatest Playoff Collapses DVD :drool:

(in a perfect world, the Kings would win the series, just to see another classic Kings-Mavs series :rockon: )

LemonMacPhisto said:

(in a perfect world, the Kings would win the series, just to see another classic Kings-Mavs series :rockon: )

Man, I really hated the Kings in those days. Especially with Divac still around. Always did make for a good series though. After seeing the Kings in the playoffs so much, I developed an intense hatred for them. I also hate the Rockets because, well, they're the Rockets and Houston sucks in general.

This is the first year in awhile I haven't been pissed off watching the first round of Mavs playoffs. I don't mind the Grizz, and I really like Gasol. It's been weird having a first round that I'm not fired up and talking shit about. I think last year it was easier with Jon Barry's little jack-off 3 point sign and McGrady's ball hogging. With the Grizzlies I don't have a Barry or a Divac to be a tangible villian. There is nothing threatening about any of these guys.

A Kings/Mavs seriously would be fun for old times sake, but I honestly hope it goes to seven and the Spurs pull it out. I'm sure the 2004 Bosox World Series win was even more sweet knowing they went through the hated Yankees to get it. A Mavs championship that didn't go through San Antonio would still be amazing and one of the best moments of my life so far, but going through San Antonio would make it that much sweeter.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. As the old cliche goes, I'm taking it one game at a time, being careful not to instill any bad karma. They have looked really good this first round, and I'm hoping that translates to a deep, deep run.

I think I'd love to see Mavs-Clippers in the WCF.

What a great series that would be!

Dirk vs Brand
Dampier/Diop and Howard vs Kaman and Radman
Terry, Marquis, and Griffin vs Cassell, Mobley, and Livingston
Stackhouse vs Maggette

:drool:

I'm bored of the Spurs, bring on a Mavs/Clippers WCF!

namkcuR said:
^I'm hoping for an all-LA WC Semifinal

Looking pretty likely. I don't see Phoenix responding well to the heartbreak of Game 4. They'll be lucky if they win one more in this series.

i'm not really a doc rivers fan, but he made an excellent point last night... the pistons think they can out score everyone now, and aren't concentrating as much on their defense as they have in years past.

if this is really true, then they have no chance... well... they could still win the east 'cause the east is absolutely terrible... but they have no chance if they get into a scoring battle with whomeever wins the western conference. their only hope is to win based on ugly, defensive basketball.

^
Isn't that also why Flip Saunders's Wolves lost in the first round for 7 years and got blown out in the Western Finals on '04?

yeah, I think it was.

(not to mention Captain Choker and Sam I Am's contract disputes)

any of you experts want to wager a paycheck or 2 against the PISTONS, you let me know...they aren't even trying against Milw.

Wagering an entire paycheck???

A couple of us definitely have gambling problems.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
'cause the east is absolutely terrible

The East is FAR from 'absolutely terrible'. The East in 2001 in - in which a Sixers team that, outside of AI, had only Old Dike, Eric Snow, Jumaine Jones, Tyrone Hill, and Aaron McKie, made it to the Finals - was FAR FAR FAR FAR worse. I remember it. Vividly. 2001's East makes 2006's East look a bunch of Dream Teams.

The Nets are good. The Heat are good(although obviously not taking their opponents seriously enough). The Pistons are great. The Bulls, Cavs, and Wizards are all very promising young teams that will only get better. As are the Bucks. The only Eastern team in the playoffs that has a less-than-bright future for the moment is the Pacers. You are WAY underestimating the East, imo.

namkcuR said:

The East is FAR from 'absolutely terrible'. The East in 2001 in - in which a Sixers team that, outside of AI, had only Old Dike, Eric Snow, Jumaine Jones, Tyrone Hill, and Aaron McKie, made it to the Finals - was FAR FAR FAR FAR worse. I remember it. Vividly. 2001's East makes 2006's East look a bunch of Dream Teams.

The Nets are good. The Heat are good(although obviously not taking their opponents seriously enough). The Pistons are great. The Bulls, Cavs, and Wizards are all very promising young teams that will only get better. As are the Bucks. The only Eastern team in the playoffs that has a less-than-bright future for the moment is the Pacers. You are WAY underestimating the East, imo.

Atlanta needs a solid big guy and a competent point guard.

Orlando just needs October to come by sooner and Grant Hill's contract to finally go away.

Boston needs a better coach.

Philly needs to get rid of Iverson, or get more players to fit his style of play.

Toronto needs 2 more solid guys.

all of those teams are on the verge of being playoff contenders, then you have almost all of the East in contention.

Imarocker said:
any of you experts want to wager a paycheck or 2 against the PISTONS, you let me know...they aren't even trying against Milw.
Depends on how big your paycheck is...its like an NBA trade, the salary cap numbers need to line up.

namkcuR said:
You are WAY underestimating the East, imo.

nah... actually i do believe the east is absolutely terrible. there are 4 good teams in the entire conference. four. that's it. detroit, new jersey, miami and cleveland... and neither of htem are exactly world beaters. the lakers could be a 2 seed in the east.

the nets are old with issues, the pistons are the class of the conference but i wouldn't call them a great team... i wouldn't call any team in the nba today great... if shaq isn't shaq the heat are no better than mediocre... and lebron has no supporting cast.

now the east does have a potentialy bright future with the youth and cap flexibility of orlando, cleveland and chicago (and maybe milwaukee)... but as for this year? terrible.

the wizards are capped out and will never get better with their current cast. boston could be interesting if they get rid of pierce and their young kids develop. philly is a mess, the hawks are the hawks... no matter how many young guys they get they never seem to ammount to anything... they're the new clippers, chris bosh will never stay in toronto the way the tax system works, and the rest of the conference is a joke.

in 3-4 years it's quite possible that we'll be looking at the east as the dominating conference in the NBA... just not today.

Last edited:
well the Nets are onto the next round, it looks like they'll play Miami unless Chicago makes a monster comeback.

I hope Phoenix wins the series, it won't happen, but it's nice to dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom