The Official 2005 NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewson said:
Word is Brady gets pissed if he loses a locker room backgammon game.
Very competitive.

i respect that about him... i think i've proved in my arguments enough here that i have the utmost respect for tom brady and what he's already accomplished.

but as a team leader... it's not good to be seen with your head laying back on the team bench as the closing minutes of the first big game loss of your career tick off the clock.

:shrug: probably minor insignificant stuff... but i notice these little things... can't help it... damn you sports psych class... damn you to hell! :shakesangryfist:

Hewson said:
Undefeated....you care to wager on that one?
They srtill have Cincy, Pitt, Jax, SD and Sea on the schedule, they're gonna lose, probably end up 14-2.

Clearly they are the class of the league...anything short of a Superbowl victory will be a failure. They'll have home field and an indoor Superbowl, so like the 2001 Rams, they are gonna be heavy favorites to win it all, and if they play at the top of their game, they shall. That will play out over the next 3 months.

Cincy could beat them. While Cincy's run D isn't all that great, they can give Peton some problems. The key is Carson Palmer. He has a great game, and he could pull the upset. Of course that's if he minimizes his bonehead throws.

Hewson said:
Word is Brady gets pissed if he loses a locker room backgammon game.
Very competitive.

There are other names for guys like that:

"Spoiled sport"

"sore loser"

"asshole"

U2Kitten said:

There are other names for guys like that:

"Spoiled sport"

"sore loser"

"asshole"

oh friggin give it up. he didn't friggin walk off the field sobbing like a little baby.

the "asshole" comment is only making you sound like you have absolutely no friggin clue what you're talking about.

sore loser? asshole? when the pistons walked off the court, refusing to shake the hands of the chicago bulls after jordan finally beat them for the first time... THAT is being a sore loser... THAT is being an asshole.

tom brady did no such thing... he walked across the field and shook peyton's hand, then went to the locker room.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

sore loser? asshole? when the pistons walked off the court, refusing to shake the hands of the chicago bulls after jordan finally beat them for the first time... THAT is being a sore loser... THAT is being an asshole.

After the Pistons walked off the Palace floor, Joe Dumars and John Salley returned to properly congratulate the Bulls.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

oh friggin give it up. he didn't friggin walk off the field sobbing like a little baby.

the "asshole" comment is only making you sound like you have absolutely no friggin clue what you're talking about.

Actually I do because I've known people like that all my life.

tom brady did no such thing... he walked across the field and shook peyton's hand, then went to the locker room.

I wasn't talking about that. It was because it was mentioned that he got upset every time he lost a game of backgammon. He sounds like the kind of guy who tosses the checker board when he sees he's losing or throws down the joystick when his last video game man is about to die, and then either has a fit or pouts. I don't see this as anything to admire in a person, or being 'competetive'- every guy in the league is 'competetive' or he wouldn't have made his team.

U2Kitten said:

I wasn't talking about that. It was because it was mentioned that he got upset every time he lost a game of backgammon. He sounds like the kind of guy who tosses the checker board when he sees he's losing or throws down the joystick when his last video game man is about to die, and then either has a fit or pouts.
See you're just making asumptions here...I never said he tosses the checker board, only that he's competitive and hates to lose.
There was a local piece done on him a couple of years back and one of the things mentioned was his desire to win, not only on the field but also at everything he competes in including locker room backgammon games which were common place at the time in the Pats locker room.
Never was it mentioned that he is in any way a sore loser, or a "Spoiled sport" or "Asshole"...you just put that there.

Hewson said:
See you're just making asumptions here...I never said he tosses the checker board, only that he's competitive and hates to lose.
There was a local piece done on him a couple of years back and one of the things mentioned was his desire to win, not only on the field but also at everything he competes in including locker room backgammon games which were common place at the time in the Pats locker room.
Never was it mentioned that he is in any way a sore loser, or a "Spoiled sport" or "Asshole"...you just put that there.

No, you put it there by saying he gets upset when he loses. That reeks of everything I've said. And now that he's been spoiled by so many wins, I'm sure he's even worse and probably throws a tantrum like a little kid.

The silliest thing is that he is somehow special because of his desire to win. Who in the league doesn't have that?

Yeah, what an asshole. 'Cause, you know, Peyton's never been caught looking upset or frustrated on camera when his team's lost.

[/dripping sarcasm]

U2Kitten said:

No, you put it there by saying he gets upset when he loses. That reeks of everything I've said. And now that he's been spoiled by so many wins, I'm sure he's even worse and probably throws a tantrum like a little kid.

The silliest thing is that he is somehow special because of his desire to win. Who in the league doesn't have that?

So, when anyone gets upset by losing, they are automatically a "spoiled sport" or an "asshole" or a "sore loser"?

Was Manning a "sore loser" or an "asshole" when his team was beaten in the playoffs the last two years and he was cleary frustrated and very unhappy about it?

Come on.

phanan said:

So, when anyone gets upset by losing, they are automatically a "spoiled sport" or an "asshole" or a "sore loser"?

Was Manning a "sore loser" or an "asshole" when his team was beaten in the playoffs the last two years and he was cleary frustrated and very unhappy about it?

Come on.

Jinx! Now you can't talk 'till someone says your name Nyaah nyaah nyaah.

U2Kitten said:

Saying he doesn't like to lose is a lot different than assuming (once again you are doing this) that he spent the time after the game "Throwing a tantrum like a little kid".
You're just grasping now. Brady has always been humble in defeat, faced the press, answered the questions admitted any of his own mistakes (the Miami game last year for instance) and vowed to work harder in the future. He's never gone on a tirade in the locker room, at a press conference or anything.

As for phase 2 of your post, Who doesn't have a desire to win...there are lots of guys who just care about getting their paycheck, not so much about improving themselves so they are better players and their team has a better chance to win.

There have been so many examples in sport of the guy who had that extra desire to win, work harder than the other guy being the one who does so.
Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Tim Duncan...something clearly sets these guys apart from a large portion of other NBA players.

Joe Montana, Jerry Rice( I'm sure if you're as big a football fan as you claim you know about his "running the hill" workouts), Walter Payton, Emmit Smith...do you think these guys didn't have just a little more desire to win than some others?
Even your boy Peyton, his study habits are beyond those of the Michael Vicks and Jake Plummers of the league...why...his desire to win may in fact be greater than theirs....we all hear about how when practice is over for the offense, manning and Harrison continue to work on their own...why...a great desire to win like Tom Brady also has...if you can't see that some players just have more than others in that department its time for new glasses.

Well, we don't really know, he might just throw tantrums. I've seen guys I know throw them over teams they didn't even play for and hadn't even bet on, so it's not out of the question a player might do the same. I admit my criticism may be assumptions, but your defense of him may be giving him too much of the benefit of the doubt. I suppose you think Michael Jackson is innocent too? But we really don't know for sure (about Brady)

So again, I say that because you think Brady throws tantrums because he doesn't like to lose and is very competitive, that everyone else must be the same way, like, um, Peyton Manning.

We all know you can't stand Brady, so please, give it up already and stop making silly assumptions.

U2Kitten said:
Well, we don't really know, he might just throw tantrums. I've seen guys I know throw them over teams they didn't even play for and hadn't even bet on, so it's not out of the question a player might do the same. I admit my criticism may be assumptions, but your defense of him may be giving him too much of the benefit of the doubt. I suppose you think Michael Jackson is innocent too? But we really don't know for sure (about Brady)

Now, we all know how much love (or lack thereof) I have for Tom Brady.

But you just jumped about 800 miles worth of logic bridges with that one.

U2Kitten said:

url]

Last edited:
Well the pic isn't showing up. And BTW I meant no connection between Brady and Jackson, just one of my analogies running wild, thinking that if you accept his innocence that easily maybe you buy Jackson is too. The truth is we do not know for sure if he has tantrums or not, so it's just as ridiculous to defend him as it is to attack him, neither of us can prove it. Maybe an ex girlfriend can enlighten us!

Sorry, hope your head is okay.

"We got our butts kicked tonight," Brady said in a short statement before hustling out of a news conference.

FBO11511080542.jpg

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady shouts in frustration while leaving the field during the final minutes of the Patriots 40-21 loss to the Indianapolios Colts at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass. Monday, Nov. 7, 2005. (AP Photo/Winslow Townson)

source:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=251107017

Brady may not be used to losing, but now he's like the witch in Snow White, looking into the mirror and learning he's no longer the fairest of them all.

I would've liked to have seen a picture of Peyton's face after Tennessee won the national championship without him. I wonder if he was the slighest bit upset, given the competitor he is, I bet he was rather upset.

040915_manning.jpg

peyton seems upset

spt_peytonpic17_01-17-2005_BJ3ICH4.jpg

peyton seems depressed

manning.jpg

peyton seems confused... and groiny.

Peyton%20Manning%20Eli%20Manning%20Archie%20Manning%20nfl%20football-500.jpg

peyton seems milky

elipeyton.jpg

peyton seems to be looking at eli's boobies

pm1v.jpg

peyton seems purplexed as to why he was called a pussy by his stupid idiot kicker

img8017532.jpg

peyton seems worried that he might get stabbed in the neck

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
Well, we don't really know, he might just throw tantrums.
Yes and you might in fact be a serial killer. And GW Bush may be a peace loving man. And Tara Reid may be sober at this moment. And The Olsen twins may be splitting a large pepperoni pizza with a side of buffalo wings. Aren't assumptuons with absoultelty no basis in fact fun?

Don't you think if Tom Brady threw tantrums on the field or in the locker room we'd have heard about it in this day and age of 24 hour media coverage? Wake up.
I suppose you think Michael Jackson is innocent too?
And now you make assumptions about my thoughts on a freakazoid child molester...very nice. Some world you live in.

U2Kitten said:
. I admit my criticism may be assumptions, but your defense of him may be giving him too much of the benefit of the doubt.
Oh and my "defense" of him is not so much "benefit of the doubt" as it is watching him play every game for 4+ years, listening to his postgame press conferences, listening to his weekly sportsradio phone-in interview, reading the Boston sports pages daily...and funny with all those things I've never seen or read about him throwing a tantrum, or even ask his Mommy for his binky, but you living 1000 miles away, probably seeing him play 3 or 4 times a season know that he throws these tantrums...please enlighten me cause I've missed it.

EVERYONE is going to look sad and depressed when they lose, they are human! But some have a more childish temper. If TO had uttered a few words and stormed out of a press conference not answering questions, you'd call him an asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom