The Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2BG you are one of the best.

I love your attitude and your honesty, you are fabulous.:hug:

/Walks into Octagon
/Stands dead in the middle of the floor and begins belting outl

"All because of you, Maria, I am"

/that feels better

Walks behind bar and partakes in some Vodka.

Last edited:
I think it worked!:shocked: My sore throat is a whole lot better but I'm still congested. I think I'm going through the various phases so I should shake it off within the next day or two with any luck :)

I felt really crappy first thing this morning but it's amazing what a shower can do. My tea tree and mint shower gel worked a treat!! :lol:

Alan

** Open the front door and walks around as if assessing a crime scene **

:hmm: We had guests and no one catered to their every whim :tsk:

I leave for one stinking day, and you can't even serve the strangers. :rant: I need an assistant bar tender. Stat.

:shrug: I'm just :grumpy: because I'm not at home. Normally, I've been all keen on travel, but this is my 4th trip to Tampa and it's hard to explore at night so I'm back in my hotel room.

** Pours self Sam Adams and looks over and sees...*

Tara!!!! Do you want something to drink? :happy:

starsforu2 said:
** Open the front door and walks around as if assessing a crime scene **

:hmm: We had guests and no one catered to their every whim :tsk:

I leave for one stinking day, and you can't even serve the strangers. :rant: I need an assistant bar tender. Stat.

:shrug: I'm just :grumpy: because I'm not at home. Normally, I've been all keen on travel, but this is my 4th trip to Tampa and it's hard to explore at night so I'm back in my hotel room.

** Pours self Sam Adams and looks over and sees...*

Tara!!!! Do you want something to drink? :happy:

**Runs into the bar and over to Tim**

Hey Honey, please don't look :grumpy: - you look so much better when you're :happy:...

**Gives Tim a :hug: and a soft :kiss:**

**Runs out of the bar again**

Merc said:

**Runs into the bar and over to Tim**

Hey Honey, please don't look grumpy - you look so much better when you're :happy:...

**Gives Tim a :hug: and a soft :kiss:**

**Runs out of the bar again**

Oh Merc! :love: You are the Sweetest Thing! :kiss:

** A smile grows on my face **

I'm not grumpy anymore :happy:

I had the chance to talk a friend on the phone last night and it perked me right up!

I was sad to see that the bar was quiet though :sad: Where are all the lovelies?

Maybe I need to run ads all over the internet to come join our bar? :hmm:

Maybe we need cheerleaders? How about we give one away with every purchase?

The drinks are already free, what else could anyone want :shrug:

Thanks Merc! :hug:

<<<<<opens door and watches tumble weed blow through..

walks in, wipes cobwebs off chair, climbs up and wonders were everyone has gone......>>>>

Heeeelllllllooooooo :wave:

Oh well, time to go behind the bar and get myself a little drinkie... I know a T. Tea :wink:

What this place needs are some jokes....

A spark plug walks into a bar
The Bartenders says "I'll serve you, but don't start anything"..

Boom, Boom.....:laugh:

Oh well,:shrug: no one around, may as well go back to the music.
:dance:

:happy:

<<Leaves some money on the bar and swaggers back out into the sunlight..... (why do I always think this is a bar from an old western???).....>>>>>

*kicks the tumbleweed out the door and walks behind the bar. whats that? a sparkplug? what the hell?:eyebrow: :shrug:
turns on the jukebox...hmmm...there, thats a good one.
mofo:D *
where the hell is everyone? people get in here, Im lonely!

so I was thinking today and a cheesy pickup line crossed my mind that I am convinced I made up
hey baby, I dig you like a potato:lol:
or dig you like dirt
or maybe dig you like a splinter.....

hey you over there I dig you like dirt
if you know whats goin on take off your shirt
spin it round, in the air, dont be afraid
next step, shake that arse, do like I said.....

who knew i was a rapper?:eyebrow:

fact of the day: tara shouldnt drive when hungry, tired and listening to rap music. makes me agressive and impatient.
I passed someone on the way home in a no pass zone while a semi was coming in the other direction. :reject:

** Pushes open front door with luggage wrapped around my shoulders **

Hi Honey, I'm home!

** Walks up to the jukebox and gives it a smack **

** Vertigo spins up **

:dance:

:sigh: It's good to be home.

** Looks around the bar **

:hmm: It doesn't look like I missed much though. That's sad, I'm disappointed in you folks. :tsk:

I'm glad to see that Tania and Power Surge came in. Last time I saw that guy he was walking out with... um, nevermind. :shifty:

Hi Tara! How's my loving knife? Come back in, I want to share my day with someone. Please :sad: :wink:

u2bonogirl said:
*comes back in from dream out loud*
hey hey, finally some feckin company

** A wicked grin spreads like wildfire, and before I know what I'm doing, I've got Tara in the air in a bear hug **

Sorry to squeeze you so tight. I'm just glad to be home.

** Puts Tara back on the ground **

Well, after posting this morning, I had about 2 hours of work left to do. That left me about 7 hours of trying to find something to do. So I drove to Clearwater Florida to see the Ocean (or maybe it was the bay, don't know :shrug:, don't care either.)
I was so unprepared for Florida. I didn't bring shorts or sandals. :tsk: So here I am in a sunny 75 degree day in dark khakis and a long-sleeve dark blue shirt. And a camera. I got some pictures of the beach and the water and just the whole scene.

** Reaches under the bar for a Sam Adams **

Aww, time to go shopping, no beer at the inn. That's no good. Somebody ought to fire this bartender :eek:

I've got more to tell, but I need to get a water at least....

*gasps and sucks in air after the bear hug*
glad to see you too!
As you can see I wasnt really doing a good job of amusing myself in here:madspit:
*stretches aching back*
more kickboxing tonight. ouch. I had to lead the damn thing tonight and I was going all out
now I need a hot bubble bath or something to calm my muscles!

I just posted three things in dream out loud
been saving stuff up to post:wink:
*hugs Tim again*
:kiss:
left me here for florida :shame:

u2bonogirl said:
*gasps and sucks in air after the bear hug*
glad to see you too!
As you can see I wasnt really doing a good job of amusing myself in here:madspit:
*stretches aching back*
more kickboxing tonight. ouch. I had to lead the damn thing tonight and I was going all out
now I need a hot bubble bath or something to calm my muscles!

I just posted three things in dream out loud
been saving stuff up to post:wink:
*hugs Tim again*
:kiss:
left me here for florida :shame:

Next time, I'll take you with me :ohmy:

So, I'm taking pictures of stuff at the beach, and I walk by this guy with Orange hair and he has in his hand this wooden board with diodes and other parts and a big antenna. So I think to myself "Hey, what's the Frequency Kenneth"

Later, from the safety of my car, I took a picture of him. I wonder if he's paranoid and delusional and if he would have been more so if he knew I was taking pictures of him.

Attachments

• kenneth.jpg
    kenneth.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 31
:lol:
that hair rocks! It looks like he has a road cone on his head:lmao:
Hey Im up for a trip to florida just to get away from here
I was informed today that my ex from florida is coming here for a week or so....
:yuck:
I think I'll be hiding in my house for a while. Maybe he'll come when Im outta town:D

my cell phone bill is 100$ :crack:
its normally 45
how the ellhay did i do that?
I mean, Im on HERE all the time:eyebrow:

u2bonogirl said:

that hair rocks! It looks like he has a road cone on his head:lmao:
Hey Im up for a trip to florida just to get away from here
I was informed today that my ex from florida is coming here for a week or so....
:yuck:
I think I'll be hiding in my house for a while. Maybe he'll come when Im outta town:D

my cell phone bill is 100$ :crack:
its normally 45
how the ellhay did i do that?
I mean, Im on HERE all the time:eyebrow:

:shame: You need to keep the cell phone bill down so that you can tart it up in Florida :yes:

Speaking of which, I need to continue my narrative.

** Pours more water for the beerless patron. **

Feckin' bartender :madspit:

So, after stealthily spycamming Kenneth, I drove further down the island and began to see these humongo houses right on the beach. They are the type of houses that come with double doors. I would have stopped and taken pictures but I was already hot from overdressing, so I angled back toward Tampa and was starting to nod off, so I found a place to park overlooking the bay. Locked the doors. Turned on the radio, left the a/c on and fell asleep for about an hour. It really helped, let me tell you. :D
I was waiting for a cop to come up and tap on my window or something, but it was a pretty open area to just be. I took a picture of the water :shrug: Maybe you'll like it, it has the sun in it too.

Attachments

• img_0688.jpg
    img_0688.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
jumps on the counter and takes a running start, sliding down it on my knees and falling off the other side*
that was fun!
tara moment:D
I cant believe you just went to sleep like that! somebody could have just shot you or something.
well if you were in my town:shrug:
is the water there nice and clear or icky? I always wondered if florida was all its cracked up to be.
to quite myself
a buncha blue rinses and swamps

Last edited:
u2bonogirl said:
that pic would make a perfect post card:yes:

:hug: Thanks! I so suck at taking pictures, and so that's a huge compliment. I saw the shimmer on the water and wanted to take a picture of it, then I thought, :hmm: it needs more, how about the sun. It was hard to look at the sun long enough to match up and I'm pleased that I got it. Thanks :hug:

Here is a picture of the beach goers...

To answer your question about Florida, well it depends on where you go. I hear the Northern Panhandle is wonderfully clear. This water was pretty clear, I honestly didn't look too hard at it. :uhoh: The sand was really soft which is great for beach going. I don't know if that is the normal sand, or trucked in sand, but it beats Jacksonville on the other coast. So to answer your question. Yes, it's good, but not everywhere, and not for everything

Attachments

• img_0678.jpg
    img_0678.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom