The Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

starsforu2

Refugee
Ashburn, VA (and permanently residing in u2bonogir
Welcome weary travelers! :applaud:

We've been kicked around the corner, we've been known by different names but it's time to reopen the Octagon Bar! We've served over 3000 customers since we opened our doors on October 20th. Part of our success is attributable to the fact that we are open 24 hours, so stop in for a coffee or tea in the morning, bring your newspaper and sit in our soft leather couches. For lunch, come in and have a cocktail. Your boss will never know. :wink: When work is over, stop in for Happy Hour :drunk: , you can be assured that your presence will not go unnoticed. Late nights are the best and the most wicked; the patrons are a frisky lot, but always friendly. :flirt:

The Octagon Bar is located on the first floor of the Clarence Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. :adam: :bono: :edge: :larry: are part owners of this magnificent watering hole and we seek to reproduce the camaraderie of a pub, complete with bar fights, dancing girls, and moderators who shut us down when the noise or the post count gets too high.

May I suggest that you order a drink, ask one of the lovelies or one of the gents for a :dance:, or perhaps you want to play a song on the jukebox. Share pictures of your kids and yourselves. Don’t be shy, by morning we’ll forget your face anyway. :laugh:

This is a patron-run bar, so if the bartender is asleep in the back, or cuddled up on the couch with one of the patrons, go and pour a drink for your mate. The drink selection is only limited by your imagination. So dream out loud!

aniston3.jpg

posted for the bartender who has to deal with plebans gone wild at times
off to pilates guys - see you later:)

*walks into the new bar*
looks the same dude.
*shrug*
*plops on the couch, leaning head back on the leather.*
kickboxing is hard. especially when youre sick!

I bought underwear today. Im so excited, three for 15$.
oh yeah:laugh:

Talking of Dublin hotels.....a friend of mine is working in Dublin for a few weeks and is staying in a hotel...not sure which one...but guess who has been his neighbour in an adjoining room for the last few days??:hmm: ...

............ROGER MOORE!! :faint: :bow: :cool:

I suggested he leave a snake in his bathroom!! :lol:

starsforu2 said:

Watch your step miss, or I'll spank you with it.

We call that bar discipline. :yes:

Besides, you were already on the sidewalk when I walked back in with the broom. :p

** Pours Guinness *

Here, stop being :grumpy:
ooh, spanking the customers with brooms....dunno..Im a regular.
then again I would just laugh and chase you anyway.
mmmm, love guinness
and im not reeeeally grumpy.
not now that i have my beer and the eyes of the bartender on me again:wink:
*note: tara is loving the boot Tim sent her. rocking out to it right now. "I THREW A BRICK THROUGH A WINDOW!!"

u2bonogirl said:
are there snakes in dublin?:eyebrow:

It might have been Sean Connery who flambéd the snake with the can of hairspray and a naked flame! :hmm: :applaud:

From what I was reading in PLEBA earlier today I think Bono's trousers would be the first place to look!:ohmy: :eeklaugh:

I didn't stop in there long...

MOUSEB.GIF

:D

starsforu2 said:

What is wrong with you woman? Did you get kicked in the head at practice?

:sigh: You know, I worry about you. :yes:

** Guestures toward Tara **

Come over here :hug: **shakes head **

Tara Tara Tara, what will we do with you?
No! i was just sitting here chewing gum and i bit my own tooth!
Im kinda sleep deprived here...maybe we should just put me to bed:huh:
:lol:
kicked in the head
thats funny
if somebody kicked me in the head they would be sorry
:|

enajh2 said:

It might have been Sean Connery who flambéd the snake with the can of hairspray and a naked flame! :hmm: :applaud:

From what I was reading in PLEBA earlier today I think Bono's trousers would be the first place to look!:ohmy: :eeklaugh:

I didn't stop in there long...

MOUSEB.GIF

:D

:laugh: I would have run scared too buddy! I don't want to hear about the trousers. :laugh:

Oh boy. :tsk: How you do this evening Enajh?

me go to bed soon? nah. Im a night owl.
and a morning person
makes for a very tired tara most of the time
you getting off the internet soon?
hey what about that call i was supposed to be getting tomorrow? when will that be taking place?:sexywink:

:yuck:
i hate packing
i hate unpacking even more
I always take the least amount of things as possible. totally the opposite of most women!:lol:
when i go to kauai for two weeks in december i swear Im only taking one bag of clothes. Im gonna have more books than clothes:yes:
theres laundry where were staying so I can live in my bathing suit and shorts the whole time!

kauai rocks! theres no big buildings or huge groups of people or anything. its so laid back there.
I want to see alaska! the pictures ive seen of there are so beautiful:love: nobody here wanted to see alaska with me though so i just dropped the idea
i even asked my other half a long time ago and he asked why the hell i would want to go there. :madspit:
because its NEAT
duh.
Im gonna totally ignore everybody in kauai and just keep to myself. I will have an inch of sunscreen all over me so i dont burn too bad. when i was there a really long time ago i got such a bad sunburn my parents almost took me to the hospital. i still have scars from it actually.
we were there for 2 weeks and i got burned on the first day. i was so miserable
now i know better. Im planning on bringing some golf balls so i can drive them off the little putting area and onto the beach at the condo:yes:
theres usually a few people down there.
*conspires ways to disturb the peace*

back from pilates - - v.v.v. sore
advil good
stars like your new picture but that hat is cut off.....
best part of the picture:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom