The Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
boys - thanks for the drinks - must go to sleep soon too - fun election day stuff to do tomorrow - should meet up again.
sweet dreams
C

*gasps for breath*
*catches it*

:wave: hey you guys and gals! remember me?:huh: :(
I was gone for a few days but im back! didnt have time to get on the blue crack and see my favorite people so i missed a lot!!!!
If anything exciting happened pleeeease fill me in, ive had such a hectic few days that i need to catch up.
right now im way too tired to even try and stay up on the computer, be back tomorrow for a nice long session of catching up.:D
quick update: been doing lots of drinking, been up for three days straight now, practically got signed to a record deal over the weekend:huh:
its a weird story TRUST me:eyebrow:
did lots of things
wore a sexy dress and had lots of pics taken
dont have any though, but a lot of the wedding party does so i can get some in the near future
blah blah
see you all tomorrow!
:wave:
*sniffle* i love you guys:(

starsgoblue said:
U2Bonogirl!!!! :hug: :heart:

I missed my sidekick....it's all bout the fudgesicles and yoga right now, love! (smiles cryptically)

:hug:!!!!!
glad somebody missed me (speically you hunny)
Hrmmmm i cant do yoga for the life of me but i love fudgesicles
and white wine:drool:
i had waaay too much of that lately, and champagne
yeah,
weddings rock:wink:
i discovered i can dance like a raving teen in the 80's*random factoid*

okay this girlie really has to go to bed. i think ive missed out on at least a whole week of sleep in the past month, no lie
and i have SATs on saturday:huh:
and i
uh
havent studied :reject:
at all:ohmy:
thats okay
apparently i have a promising carreer in the music industry:huh:
its been a long three days

**Walks into The Octagon and looks around**

Hmm... :D ... It's good to be back in The Octagon! :yes:

**Goes behind the desk and makes her morning tea**

**Writes a sign and places it in the middle of the bardesk**

I'm studying home today - a real rarity! - so I'll be your bartender all during GMT+1 daytime...

... so if you want a drink or want to talk - just call out my name!

I'll be lying on the couch! :)

**Balances to the couch with a cup of tea in one hand, some scones ind the other hand and her toxicology textbook under the arm**

**Lies down on the couch, opens her book and starts to read - crossing her fingers that she'll not be learning about bizarre sexual acts today...**

u2bonogirl said:
*gasps for breath*
*catches it*

hey you guys and gals! remember me?
quick update: been doing lots of drinking, been up for three days straight now, practically got signed to a record deal over the weekend
its a weird story TRUST me
did lots of things

see you all tomorrow!
*sniffle* i love you guys

Tara!!!! :hug: :kiss: I was ready to have a search party sent after you!! I'm glad you made it back. :yes: We've really missed you around here, the kids in Europe go to bed so early, and I still want to play. You're 3 hours behind me and still playful :flirt:

u2bonogirl said:
wore a sexy dress and had lots of pics taken
dont have any though, but a lot of the wedding party does so i can get some in the near future
blah blah

:heart: Can't wait for the pictures and to see the effects of peanuts. :drool:

Get some rest darling, looking forward to hearing all about it.

u2bonogirl said:
by the way, starsforu2 i really need a back rub when youre around ive been lugging around luggage and being stressed beyond comprension
and you're my man for the muscle relaxing baby

Take these hands they're good for nothing
You know these hands never worked a day
Take these boots they're going nowhere
You know these boots don't want to stray

You got my head filled with songs
You got my shoelaces undone
Take my shirt, go on take it off me
You can tear it up
If you can tie me down

Do you feel loved
Do you feel loved
Do you feel loved
Do you feel loved

Take the colours of my imagination
Take the scent hanging in the air
Take this tangle of a conversation
And turn it into your own prayer

With my fingers as you want them
With my nails under your hide

With my teeth at your back
And my tongue to tell you the sweetest lies

Merc said:
**Walks into The Octagon and looks around**

Hmm... :D ... It's good to be back in The Octagon! :yes:

**Balances to the couch with a cup of tea in one hand, some scones ind the other hand and her toxicology textbook under the arm**

Oh Merc, you're on my couch :sexywink: scoot over. Attempts to slide down the surface of things. If I'm interrupting your studying let me know. Gives Merc a :hug:

**Lies down on the couch, opens her book and starts to read - crossing her fingers that she'll not be learning about bizarre sexual acts today...**

>>> Thinks it might be worth it to uncross her fingers :macdevil: <<<
>>> Thinks "Thank God I have an internal voice I can suppress :shame: on me!"

Gotta run for a few hours, gotta vote and I gotta work!

merc- tox books and tea? there is a combo:)
make mine a venti double shot right now - I'm getting ready to go out and vote!

and what is so wrong about learning new things:D

starsforu2 said:
Oh Merc, you're on my couch :sexywink: scoot over. Attempts to slide down the surface of things. If I'm interrupting your studying let me know. Gives Merc a :hug:

Your couch...? :eyebrow:

As far as I can recall, we did pretty good in sharing it last night... don't you think it should be our couch...? :sexywink:

starsforu2 said:
>>> Thinks it might be worth it to uncross her fingers :macdevil: <<<

>>> Thinks "Thank God I have an internal voice I can suppress :shame: on me!"

**Sees the :macdevil: look in Tims eyes**

:ohmy:

**Well... I can play that game too...**

... so you want to... Mmm... study tox with me...? :evil: :sexywink:

starsforu2 said:
Gotta run for a few hours, gotta vote and I gotta work!

Okay - Talk to you later! Enjoy your day!!!

:wave:

nurse chrissi said:
merc- tox books and tea? there is a combo:)
make mine a venti double shot right now - I'm getting ready to go out and vote!

Yeah... It's a nice combination, isn't it...? :laugh:

'Venti double shot' :hmm:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but... doesn't that have something to do with coffee... :scratch:

**Goes over and fumbles with the coffee-maker**

**Feels like a really lousy and stupid European bartender, not knowing what the costumers want :banghead: :sigh: **

nurse chrissi said:
and what is so wrong about learning new things:D

Oh, if you only knew what I learned yesterday!!! :ohmy: :eek: :yikes:

**Sorry, I just have to vent here - just got a stupid e-mail**

What the :censored: happend to 'beeing polite' - did it go out of fashion and I didn't notice?! :banghead: :madspit: :scream:

I hate rude people at the university!!! :tsk:

So what happend - did everyone there decide to join against me 'cause I chose a slightly alternative internship??? :angry:

:banghead:

**Makes herself a Bacardi & coke for her lunch and goes back to the couch**

Okay - I'm feeling a bit better now... Thanks for listning... :sigh:

Last edited:
Merc said:

Your couch...? :eyebrow: As far as I can recall, we did pretty good in sharing it last night... don't you think it should be our couch...? :sexywink:

I suppose it could be "our couch", but I think it should be expanded to mean the "bar's couch". I do like luxury, and I was the first one to imagine a couch, but I really don't mind sharing :D

In my mind's eye, I base part of the bar on a little piano/cigar bar in Bricktown in Oklahoma City. Do we have any lounge singers who want to tickle the ivories? Anyway, they have these wonderful leather couches surrounding several sturdy hardwood coffee tables all surrounding a hearth. I think we need a hearth, particularly with winter arriving. We can put U2 knicknacks up there, like guitar picks and drumsticks, and that Pop Cube that's fun to pick up occasionally and reform into different band member's faces.

**Sees the :macdevil: look in Tims eyes**
**Well... I can play that game too...**

... so you want to... Mmm... study tox with me...?

Umm, on 2nd thought no I'd rather not study tox... I want to stay relatively innocent and pretend that the "Birds and Bees" are a literal translation :wink: After what you went through yesterday, I'll let the mystery protect me.

How has your day been so far?

starsforu2 said:
I suppose it could be "our couch", but I think it should be expanded to mean the "bar's couch". I do like luxury, and I was the first one to imagine a couch, but I really don't mind sharing :D

In my mind's eye, I base part of the bar on a little piano/cigar bar in Bricktown in Oklahoma City. Do we have any lounge singers who want to tickle the ivories? Anyway, they have these wonderful leather couches surrounding several sturdy hardwood coffee tables all surrounding a hearth. I think we need a hearth, particularly with winter arriving. We can put U2 knicknacks up there, like guitar picks and drumsticks, and that Pop Cube that's fun to pick up occasionally and reform into different band member's faces.

:cute: ... that sounds... great! :up:

starsforu2 said:
Umm, on 2nd thought no I'd rather not study tox... I want to stay relatively innocent and pretend that the "Birds and Bees" are a literal translation :wink: After what you went through yesterday, I'll let the mystery protect me.

Well, I actually skipped the tox and is reading about Parkinsons disease instead... No 'unplesamt surprises' with that subject! :laugh:

starsforu2 said:
How has your day been so far?

Boring... and the e-mail I mentioned above - Well, it didn't exactly make my day any better.. It's not nice when someone is implying that you're stupid, when you're asking a very relevant question... :sigh:

How about your day so far?! :D

Edited to add: Okay, something just made my day a little better - I've just recieved a mail saying there's just fallen 13 cm snow in my favourite skiing resort!
:hyper: :dance: :hyper:

Last edited:
ugh - voting took 2 hours and I'm only in a slightly swing state (thank God for the ipod in situations like this). I got panic-y looking for hanging chads and had to review my selections about 3 times -
Is it too early for a drink? I think that it would be okay to have a drink with juice in it - that would be a "breakfast drink" and okay....:)
vodka and OJ comin' up:wink:

edited to say - Merc your studying to be a pharmacist? My favorite people! When you are finished with your studies I'm the person calling asking if five iv medications are all compatable with each other (and the answrs best be yes) - did I mention that I love pharmacists?

Last edited:
nurse chrissi said:
ugh - voting took 2 hours and I'm only in a slightly swing state (thank God for the ipod in situations like this). I got panic-y looking for hanging chads and had to review my selections about 3 times -
Is it too early for a drink? I think that it would be okay to have a drink with juice in it - that would be a "breakfast drink" and okay....:)
vodka and OJ comin' up:wink:

edited to say - Merc your studying to be a pharmacist? My favorite people! When you are finished with your studies I'm the person calling asking if five iv medications are all compatable with each other (and the answrs best be yes) - did I mention that I love pharmacists?

>>> Pours the makings of a Screwdriver for Nurse Chrissi <<<

Sorry about hard voting. My polling place was a breeze. In terms of community, we may have fewer people registered per polling place because we are a relatively new suburb (10 - 15 years)

I'm glad that I got it done early. :D

>>> Hands drink over to Nurse Chrissi <<<

Merc, I got up early :yawn: and the day is going to be long. I'm already hungry and it's more than an hour until lunch!

Other than that, I'm peachy.

nurse chrissi said:

Pharmacist... :yes:

Answering questions from nurses about five different iv's... :ohmy: :no:

... I'm sorry, but that wasn't the kind of career I'd planned for myself... but you'll never know what kind of job I might end up in! :D

starsforu2 said:
Other than that, I'm peachy.

Peachy?! :scratch:

:censored: I hate when there's a word I don't understand! It makes me feel so... extremely stupid... :reject:

**Gets her English/Danish dictionary out from her bag**

Peachy, peachy... :hmm: ...

**Finds the word 'Peachy'**

Ohhh... :D

Hey, are you sure your meaning of the word is the same as the translation in my dictionary?! :sexywink:

:laugh:

starsforu2 said:
My dictionary uses DANDY.

**giggles**

Well, my dictionary translated into something more along the lines of 'nice' or 'good looking'! :D

... but whatever... that describes you very well anyway... :flirt:

Hey Kids! :cute:

I might be going to Alaska some time in the next couple of weeks! :dance: :dance:

I'm trying to coordinate things so that I'll have my new I-Pod before I leave. :D It's a 10.5 hour trip for me from DC. If I have my druthers (another American colloquialism for Merc to look up) , I would have the digital boxset loaded up on the IPod, and my refinance of my house would be done (so I can have $$$), I don't want to try to do this before Thanksgiving (Nov 25 for non-Americans), because I frankly want to do some site-seeing while I'm out there.
Meanwhile, I'm trying to get my U2 friend ADecentMelody to meet me in Anchorage (he has family there) so he can help me site-see.
Add to that, a request to go to Las Cruces, NM for another installation, and I don't know what I'm going to do :shrug:

Oh, the Alaska trip is work related too , but a definite bonus for all the travel I've done earlier this year. :yes:

Just wanted to share my impending joy / mess. Thanks!

:applaud:

Lemonboy said:
*Slams door open* :madspit:

Give me a triple of anything strong as long as it is a triple...:mad:

:(

LB...?! :(

**Goes over and gives LB a :hug:**

What happend darling...?! :confused: Anything you want to talk about?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom