The Octagon Bar: Cut class and come on in!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations u2dem!

:applaud:

I'm a trying to learn to play bass guitar... But my guitar needs new strings right now...

Last edited:
Fender_35078.jpg

This is what I would like to get for christmas.... :drool:
A Fender Jazz Bass to call my own.

But I don't think I will get one.... Not this year or next year.. :sigh:

But I shouldn't complain because I have a guitar. Even though it's not a Fender Jazz Bass I'm still happy with it. :yes:

Pretty fun, but there are no girls here. Finals are this week, so I'm going to be studying like a madman starting tonight. Still working on getting a College Democrats going here. I should have it done by December.

Bah to it indeed, I have my friday night class

A night of U2 on Conan followed promptly by a post exam scotch (FYI Talisker 10 y.o., neat ~ good things in moderation :dance: ).

I killed the exam ~ although it was just the practical exam, I sucessfully identified an andesite under thin section with my petrographic microscope, isotropic quartz in the groundmass, glassy and magnetite intrusions in my feldspars and pyroxenes, fracturing on my pyroxenes, subhedral grains of olivine, augite, Michel-Levy classification of the plagioclase feldspar as Andesine band.

Last edited:
U2democrat said:
:rockon:

Was any of that english? :huh::wink:
It's that special geology english, the type that creates some hilarious one liners and pickup liners.

"It's not our fault"

"Hey baby, I like your slaty cleavage"

"Hey baby, I want to use your head gradient to find areas of recharge and discharge" - (that is more hydrology)

"Do you have a halo? becaue I think your hot" - that ones a joke about radioactive halos in zircons :wink:

And then paleontologists get all the "bone" related ones ~ up to and including the nickname "Indiana Bones" :hyper:

U2democrat said:

:reject: :reject: :reject:

Just taking a break from cleaning to say "Hi"! :wave:

Hope everyone is doing great! :hug:

This must be the longest lasting bar ever! :huh:

U2democrat said:
Hey merc!!!!!! :wave:

We need the regulars to come back! :sad:

Hi Demmy!!! :hug:

Well, it would be fun if it was like the good old days again... :)

So, how are you doing? :D

I'm doing great, enjoying college, gearing up for election day on nov. 8...the governor's race here is getting heated.

I have an electric guitar now, I got it as an early b-day present :D I can play In God's Country it's exciting.

U2democrat said:
I'm doing great, enjoying college, gearing up for election day on nov. 8...the governor's race here is getting heated.

I have an electric guitar now, I got it as an early b-day present :D I can play In God's Country it's exciting.

Sounds like you're having a really good time! :yes::up:

Just had to check your profile to see when it's your birthday :lol: ...but congrats on the guitar - I would love to hear you play In Gods Country! :D

Don't forget to bring the guitar when you're comming over! :wink:

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom