The Octagon Bar aka The Harem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hyper: Lauren found The Octagon!!! :hyper:

I just poured the most perfect pint of Guinness....really...if I had a digital camera I'd take a pic and post it. It's beautiful! :sad:

Lauren, I'm sure I'll post Part 7 after a couple of these! :wink:
Come back and visit!

hi Lauren :wave:

like a drink?

make yourself comfy

i daren't ask what the installment reference is concerning....i can only guess something to do with fan fiction within PLEBA.

ohhh....sounds good. I don't know if I can drink on a school night though; I'm lame...:huh:

Oh I'll be back for sure to read it! Can't wait! :love:

yes it's from Pleba. Being a guy, you might want to keep your distance....heheHE

Rebekah I put you on my buddy list on MSN. I really like your posts and you seem like such a great person...wish I was still in Ohio! I'm originally from the Dayton area and went to school at Miami until last May....

lauren430 said:
yes it's from Pleba. Being a guy, you might want to keep your distance....heheHE

i've been known to drop in on PLEBA from time to time and then have to run very very very far away! i visited fan fiction once though and shall never return...definately not a place for a man....especially if your bono, larry, adam or edge! they'd have their clothes ripped to shreds.

Ewen doesn't go to bed until like 6 in the morning, I know :laugh:

Rebekah you're up late too usually aren't you...

I am taking a break from my reading now :(

lauren430 said:
Rebekah I put you on my buddy list on MSN. I really like your posts and you seem like such a great person...wish I was still in Ohio! I'm originally from the Dayton area and went to school at Miami until last May....

Really?! Do you ever come back to Ohio? Concert! Come back for a concert!!! :yes:

I haven't been back to Ohio since graduation....:sad:

I would love to get back, and a concert could be just the excuse I need....depending on when it is!!

lauren430 said:
I haven't been back to Ohio since graduation....:sad:

I would love to get back, and a concert could be just the excuse I need....depending on when it is!!

If you can you should come since I'm going to be going to the Ohio concert alone as it is anyways. We'd have fun and there is a really nice Irish pub down here too....:angel:

lauren430 said:
Ewen doesn't go to bed until like 6 in the morning, I know :laugh:

after chatting to you on MSN and telling you i was off to my bed i made the fatal mistake of coming here! had about 4 hours sleep then after. so, so much for the early night.

Last edited:
Yeah, it would be more of an incentive to travel to a show if I had someone to go with! No one around here is interested in travelling to a show; can't find even that many people who would be going to an Atlanta show...well besides people on interference I mean.

I went pretty much by myself to the Elevation shows though...I think there is no way you can't have an amazing time at a show though, unless something horrible happens, like you get really sick and have to leave!!

i have no friends that like U2! I've got friends, lol, they just don't like U2.

I know, everyone thinks I'm crazy. They're like "I've never met a person who is as into a band as you are" ....

Some of them "like" U2, but not enough to pay for a ticket and go to a show....

I went camping with a friend last year and while drinking in the pub we found (as you do if your scottish) he practically accused me of having some kind of mental illness because I collected U2 stuff. I think he was getting at the collecting aspect rather than it being anything to do with U2.

comes in handy at times though having friends that don't like U2....if i want them to leave, instead of being rude, I just stick on a U2 dvd.....Rattle and Hum tends to be very effective for some reason.

At my last birthday party all my friends "threatened" to come in U2 T-shirts. Their idea backfired because instead of being embarrassed I was impressed and encouraged them!Unfortunately, noone rose to the challenge (wimps!)

The good thing is that my family, who live in Sydney, will call me if anything re U2 is going to be on the telly (which gives me 3 hours to get organised to watch/video etc).

Ooohhh...I just saw you're from Perth. I need advice on coming to Australia but it's too long to explain here. I might start a thread soon about it when I have time...

My internet is on the blink guys, so I'm going to take this as a sign I should get back to my reading...:(

(But I'll be back before going to bed to see if the next installment is in!!!) Enjoy the drinks all! Talk to you soon!

i'm not going to bother asking anyone if they want to go to a U2 gig this year but i'll get extra tickets anyway. my friend may be back over here from germany in the summer and he likes U2 so maybe a show might coincide with his visit. other than that i'll go on my own.

Hey Lauren:wave:

I believe you are planning a trip to sunny Oz? Try and get to Ningaloo Reef for some diving if you can (on my side of the island). It,s as good as the Great Barrier Reef with the added plus of Whale Sharks (totally safe and the size of a bus):) Plus the west coast is totally different to the east (not so many people).

lauren430 said:
Yeah, it would be more of an incentive to travel to a show if I had someone to go with!

I'm definetly going to an Ohio show. Then trying to take my mum to a PA show. And then either Boston or RI.

I took my boyfriend at the time to the last concert and he was such a wanker. We basically broke up the next day....he just couldn't understand the spirituality of a U2 concert. Among other major problems....:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom