The New "Rockstar" Reality Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol@ above

If Lukas wins this and a fellow Torontonian JD Fortune won this last year then maybe scouts will be making their way to Toronto to see about this untapped talent in the city.

(btw, my bf's cousin auditioned for this - he sang One...didn't make the cut - had an off day - but usually his voice is better than most on the show)

Golightly Grrl said:
Does Brooke Burke bother anyone else? I think she has the personality of a moldy bath mat and isn't a very good host. And as much as it pains me to say so, I think Ryan Seacrest does a fairly decent job hosting AI-even if he is a metrosexual tool who'd steal my moisturizer and under eye cream.

:lol:

Golightly Grrl said:
Does Brooke Burke bother anyone else? I think she has the personality of a moldy bath mat and isn't a very good host. And as much as it pains me to say so, I think Ryan Seacrest does a fairly decent job hosting AI-even if he is a metrosexual tool who'd steal my moisturizer and under eye cream.

She just is not natural at it at all. She makes it so obvious that she is reading from a teleprompter.

Bono's Betty said:

She just is not natural at it at all.

brooke_burke_5.jpg

I think you are on to something.

Hey all...wish i'd found this topic ages ago - i'm one of very few people i know watching rockstar - i was totally addicted last series too, and its terrific to find some others watching too.

Anyhow, i SO wanted Patrice to go this week - she has annoyed the crap out of me since the start of the show - She always looks so smug and really i think her voice and stage presence are quite average:mad: Although it was plainly obvious Z was never going to be the lead singer of Supernova, at least she added some spark every week.

At the moment, I would really like to see Magni win. Toby is very cute, and a very nice naked ass i must say (of course, he is an aussie), and he has a great voice too, but i don't know if he is 'edgy' enough. Actually, i'd be pretty happy with anyone BUT patrice.

Well, that's my 2c for now
Mandy

Golightly Grrl said:
Does Brooke Burke bother anyone else? I think she has the personality of a moldy bath mat and isn't a very good host

I have a feeling that she isn't there for her sparkling personality or intelligence. I know she is a main reason my husband watches the show - i have a feeling the music is secondary, he always seems much more interested in what (or how little:wink: ) Brooke is wearing each night!!

mandy1973 said:

he always seems much more interested in what (or how little:wink: ) Brooke is wearing each night!!

Well she's been a bit more covered up this season, being 4-5 months pregnant and all. :wink:

Watched the Webisodes for this week at the Supernova site. The sparks are beginning to fly! It's worth a watch if you've been watching the show.

This week's songs look more interesting than last week's:

Dilana - Every Breath You Take/Police
Storm - Crying/ Aerosmith
Toby - Layla/ Derek & the Dominoes
Magni - Smells Like Teen Spirit/Nirvana
Ryan - Original song
Patrice Original song
Lukas ?

Lukas is doing All These Things That I've Done by The Killers this week. I think finally this week they get closer to the Supernova genre with these songs, which hadn't been happening before...

BTW, reports from last night's taping describe Patrice's original as U2-ish... It probably isn't, but it should be interesting listening...

Last edited:
ladywithspinninghead said:
Holy *#$&#, Dilana is a biatch! :shocked:

Did anyone else watch the Mansion episodes (or on the 'net outside of Canada)?

Yeah, I watch them on the web every week. You're right, Dilana was extremely uncool during the media rounds, you just don't do that. Her ego is getting the best of her methinks, it's been a growing trend for the past three weeks or so.

She is being a total biatch! I can't stand her, and her voice any longer. My favs tonight were Toby, Ryan, and Lukas.

I think Patrice is dunzo!!

I wasn't impressed by Dilana's talking trash about the other rockers to the press. Not cool at all.

This was the first time her performance was disappointing, in my opinion.

I loved Magni, liked Toby and Ryan, and all the rest were okay. Magni is the only one who stood out to me tonight. He totally killed Teen Spirit! :rockon:

Am I going blind, or did they not show who was in the initial bottom 3?

thanks deep. I didn't catch the 3 also.

I'm skeptical about Dilana badmouthing the others. She would've known better than to do that. The whole webisode basically trashed her.

Magni and Ryan did really well last night. I like Magni's voice a little better though. Patrice or Storm will probably go tonight.

SunBloc said:
I'm skeptical about Dilana badmouthing the others. She would've known better than to do that. The whole webisode basically trashed her.

That's how I feel, too. She's been in the business long enough to realize that you don't go around trashing people in the press, and potentially alienate the people you are auditioning for by showing them that you could do to them in the future.

I keep reminding myself that it's a Mark Burnett show, and that he's notorious for manipulative editing on his "reality" shows.

There's been discussion on other boards saying that they set up JD as the villain last season, and then had to edit to redeem him later in the season when it became clear he was a frontrunner. This season, they're doing the opposite to Dilana. She was Dilana The Good for the first several weeks, now she's much less likable. I wonder where they're taking this - is this the beginning of her downfall, so that SN will have reason not to select her, or are they setting up some sort of convoluted plot to make her seem bad so that she will seem like a less obvious choice to win (when, for all intents and purposes, it almost seems as if the band has already chosen her)...only to become good again in the final weeks, and to go on to win? Also, it seems like they're editing Lukas to seem more likable lately. Thoughts?

I overthink reality tv. :huh:

Good points VP!

But I don't know how they could have made up what Dilana said - perhaps those weren't really the questions that were asked but no editing in the world can make her say things she didn't. (Okay, okay, they probably can but they'd probably be liable if they did!)

ladywithspinninghead said:
Good points VP!

But I don't know how they could have made up what Dilana said - perhaps those weren't really the questions that were asked but no editing in the world can make her say things she didn't. (Okay, okay, they probably can but they'd probably be liable if they did!)

I understand that and agree. She definitely said those things. I'm just wondering if they edited to show the worst of her responses, and the best of everyone else's, or if she were told to play some 'role' when responding, like being the gossipy one.

Or maybe she's just a clueless bitch. :shrug: :wink:

Maybe I'm reading too much into it too, after all these Webisodes are just there to promote viewership. But, during her song last night, she inserted 'Dilana, Dilana, Dilana.....' It just seemed a little too much after having seen the webisode.

The personas of the contestants really appear to be manipulated by the show (another example - tape of Magni's family & them being flown to the show) & it makes you wonder if/which contestants are in it.

On page 2? Anyway, here's a couple of vids from the Rock Star contestants little concert at Universal CityWalk Friday night. May be of some interest to this forum... :wink:

Magni and Toby do With or Without You: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THTH7COkgsI

Magni and Toby do Where the Streets Have No Name (you can tell at least one of them have been to see them live, I think... :wink:): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EhOv3TDhpE

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom