The New Muse Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
By any chance has anybody seen a live Muse show. I snatched tickets for their Detroit concert and was wondering what kind of live expierence i should expect.

I saw them last year in a club in Dallas. The show was good, the songs sound great, but there was little to no audience interaction. I don't think Matt said one word to us the entire night, come to think of it.

Queen Bee will be there, could be a big Interfence party!

Looks like a cool venue, with a circular stage in the middle that rotates around.

DSC_0017.jpg

Last edited:
iv got tickets to see them at birmingham in november, im interested to see what songs they will play from thier previous albums
are they making any real impact in the us then? the press have a very defeatist in any band (apart from coldplay)attempting to "crack" the us.

oktobergirl said:
Their show in LA this Wednesday and is sold out. I'm trying for tickets on CL but haven't come up with anything. Argh!!! :mad:

are you still looking?

Ooh Muse I love them! Black Holes And Revelations is awesome. I really want to see them live someday.

The video of Knights of Cydonia.. I can't live a day without watching it.

Well, I enjoyed it so much when I downloaded it that I just went out and bought it. I'm glad I did, because it's nice to have the Knights Of Cydonia riff in the best quality sound, because that riff is absolutely sick.

I really regret not buying it first week. 13.99 at Best Buy just now, rounding out to a solid 15.11 with tax. I think that's wayyyyy pricey for a CD.

I have mixed opinions on this album. It's certainly a good summer album, and the mood fits that. On the otherhand there isn't any drastic difference from the last two albums. It also contains Soldier's Poem, which is possibly my least favorite Muse song ever. It does have a few great songs, though, like Maps of the Problematique, Knights of Cyndonia, and Supermassive Black Hole. Overall, it's a good album, but I'll take Origin or Absolution over it anyday.

The fact that the Absolution Tour DVD is missing Citizen Erased and Stockholm Syndrome from Glastonbury is extremely disappointing and confusing. It's not like they needed more space on the DVD. It has extras, for Christ's sake. At least Stockholm Syndrome is one of the extras, but I was hoping I could get rid of my bootleg of the show.

Map of the Problematique is :drool: also really love Starlight. I have to listen to this album more, it's growing on me... some of it is really good, but some of it is pretty meh, like Soldier's Poem really doesn't do anything for me :shrug:

inmyplace13 said:
I really regret not buying it first week. 13.99 at Best Buy just now, rounding out to a solid 15.11 with tax. I think that's wayyyyy pricey for a CD.

15 dollars is pricey? new albums sell for 20 euro here, so stop complaining!!!!!!:wink:

I've listened to the album about 5 or 6 times now over the past week. The first four tracks, together, are stellar.

I'm puzzled at where all the momentum goes starting at track 5, though. It almost feels like one of those experimental Bowie era albums, with a mundane, boring, wishy-washy second half instead of a packet of Brian Eno bliss sans-vocals.

Map is a great, hell-bent sci-fi rocker. I think this is Muse at its synth arpeggio, musical hooky best.

Starlight is my favourite track on the album, and it might be because of the U2-ey song structure. Minus the Killers' electric piano, and slithering vocals, the instrumentation and mixing strikingly resembles a U2 track, at least for me.

Canadiens1160 said:
I've listened to the album about 5 or 6 times now over the past week. The first four tracks, together, are stellar.

I'm puzzled at where all the momentum goes starting at track 5, though. It almost feels like one of those experimental Bowie era albums, with a mundane, boring, wishy-washy second half instead of a packet of Brian Eno bliss sans-vocals.

Map is a great, hell-bent sci-fi rocker. I think this is Muse at its synth arpeggio, musical hooky best.

Starlight is my favourite track on the album, and it might be because of the U2-ey song structure. Minus the Killers' electric piano, and slithering vocals, the instrumentation and mixing strikingly resembles a U2 track, at least for me.

wow, I think we're on the same page on this! :drool: I love Starlight, though I think I love Map of the Problematique more...

I'd say the album drags in the middle a bit, but it does pick up again. Soldier's Poem and Invincible are pretty blah (well, Invincible's not bad, but for some reason it reminds me of the Keane song Everybody's Changing...), but Assassin is some much-needed heavy rock. Then the rest of the album...I don't know, I need to listen to it more. It's good, but nothing hooks me like Starlight, Supermassive, and Map do.

PlaTheGreat said:
Agreed on by everyone but Queen Bee
Map of the Problematique

:drool:

I'm so happy I'm not the only one who loves this song like mad. :up:

Whaaat? I never said I didn't love it. I just said I prefer other songs off the album. Map of Problematique is an amazing track :grumpy:

So am I the only person in love with the latter half of the album?

These 5 in particular:
Assassin
Exo-Politics
City of Delusion
Hoodoo
Knights of Cydonia

(I am two seconds away from posting a combust smiley.)

Assassin was first played on their MTVu Campus Invasion tour last year that was 2 minutes longer in length with a heavier sound, especially in the guitar/precussion sections. The outro was a bit more elaborate too. I wish they had kept it for the album version, but I still quite enjoy the song. It's amazing when played live as well. The guys went nuts on stage with matching chaotic images projecting on the stage's screens :drool:. Exo-Politics was another track they premiered on that tour that was significantly reworked for the album, but not as drastically as Assassin. It sounds almost identical to it's live version with a few changes. The lyrics were completely reworked and the instrumentations (the guitar riff/solo, bass, and drums) showed some obvious improvement. I really like the harmony in the chorus in particular.

And I've already mentioned how much I love the City of Delusion -> Hoodoo -> Knights of Cydonia closing trilogy.

If I'm alone in this, so be it :grumpy:

I really really like the song invincible......I'm not that big fan of muse but I really love that song along with starlight

Everytime I listen to this album I find one more song I love.

:drool:

There's no reason why they are not all over the US radio right now, well, maybe it's because they have talent.

LemonMacPhisto said:
well, maybe it's because they have talent.

Oooooooo, SNAP! America = Pwn3d

I'm also greatly enjoying the album. Though I could completely do without Soldiers Poem..... And yes, there are a number of songs in the second half that I also love.

u2popmofo said:

I'm also greatly enjoying the album. Though I could completely do without Soldiers Poem..... And yes, there are a number of songs in the second half that I also love.
Yeah what the hell is up with Soldier's Poem? It's like Can't Help Falling In Love (original Elvis ver) except it sucks and isn't awesome.

Canadiens1160 said:
Yeah what the hell is up with Soldier's Poem? It's like Can't Help Falling In Love (original Elvis ver) except it sucks and isn't awesome.

OMG YES. YES. I'M SO HAPPY THAT SOMEONE ELSE HEARS IT TOO!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom