The New English Footy Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ps...this is the only time you will see me cheer for liverpool to win.

and where is gerrard???? he didn't play?????

Sweet Tart said:
ps...this is the only time you will see me cheer for liverpool to win.

and where is gerrard???? he didn't play?????

Gerrard was suspended and to be honest I think they were better off without him, he has become a huge distraction.

Well done to Liverpool! Gotta be honest, I really didnt think they stood a chance. But, as long as they hold it together in the away leg, they'll be fine.
Arsenal on the other hand, jeeez, they've got a hell of a lot of work to do at Highbury. At least that's something they have in their favour, the home tie. They were lucky to even finish the game with a chance, cos I personally think Toure should've been sent off for that 2 footed lunge. In fact, the ref went to his pocket so fast, that I was convinced he was gonna be off.
But he got lucky and ended up giving his team some hope for the next leg. But they're gonna have to play bloody well, right from the word go.

Fucking shit, Arsenal lost with shitty game!!
Liverpool-cheers, great game
Real-you were lucky, if they weren't with Zidane, they would lose 3-0

Dont think Campbell will be back in time. Even still, come the summer, we need a new goalie, one if not 2 new CB's and a right back. Toure is having a shite season after having a great one last year. It doesnt help that campbell has only played 19 times this season so far. I would move Toure to right back and play Campbell and a new CB. Also, sell Vieira. If we can get 15-20 million for him, brilliant!. Also, as much as I like Pires, he is now 31 or so. Not getting any better. Similarly, Reyes. Not sure he is going to make it at Arsenal. Dont think the English game suits him.

Anyway, will have my AC Milan and Barcelona jerseys on tonight.... :madspit:

Yeah, Duff is out I believe. Ruud will be on the bench for us I should think, and will hopefully show sometime in the 2nd half.
I'm gonna go for a 2-0 win!!:drool:

boystupidboy said:
I'm off down Highfield road tonite,were playing Wigan(top of the league)Not only are we gonna get a stuffing but i'm gonna freeze my balls off.WOE IS ME:huh:

How is Stevie Staunton and Graham Barrett doing for you guys? you used to have a few other Irish players playing for Coventry - Barry Quinn I thought was quite good, but he seems to have slipped off the radar.

Also, as an Arsenal fan, how is Stephen Hughes doing? Promised much at Arsenal but faded badly

Kaka *shudders*...yeah, ur right.

Hopefully tho, Giggsy and Ronaldo will be on top form, causing problems down the wing, with Keano holding his own in the centre.

Party Boy said:
Didnt think Drogba deserved two yellow cards.

Not a chance Frisk seemed desperate to send somebody off and having booked Drogba in the first half he seemed a prime candidate.

50-50 ball three feet from the ground and there to be won.

Thought it was a classic example of a referee who has never actually played the game, either that or he had a bet on.

Barcelona were great coming forward but looked neive defensively always pushing up a long, long way leaving massive gaps behind. Drogba should have finished the tie in the first half but didn't.

Seem to be having no luck at the moment but convinced we can beat them by enough at the Bridge.

What about United then?
Saw some highlights but not good enough to make a proper judgement.
Milan looked very good especially when they had the ball and glad it was a Chelsea man who got the goal.

tarquinsuperb said:
What about United then?
Saw some highlights but not good enough to make a proper judgement.

We played quite well in the first half, and had the better chances of the 2 teams. But we just seemed to sit back a little in the latter stages of the 2nd half, and let them come at us. Sadly the introduction of Ruud wasn't even enough to help us score.

Dunno how much blame to put on Carroll for the Milan goal. Niall Quinn who commentated, said he couldnt help spilling the ball, cos it was swerving all over the place. Well, not in my eyes it wasnt. It's just another dodgy error from 1 half of our 'Dodgy Keepers' duet.
Let's hope we play out of our skins in the San Siro in a fortnight.

Oh, and as for Chelsea, I was happy for them when I saw they were a goal up, but when we started to lose, I was quite glad to see they were too!:wink:

So at this rate, of all the English clubs left in the comp. Liverpool are the only ones who look certain to go through!!:huh:

Party Boy said:

How is Stevie Staunton and Graham Barrett doing for you guys? you used to have a few other Irish players playing for Coventry - Barry Quinn I thought was quite good, but he seems to have slipped off the radar.

Also, as an Arsenal fan, how is Stephen Hughes doing? Promised much at Arsenal but faded badly
Stephen Hughes came on as sub last nite.Hes a popular player with the fans.Its hard to say how good he is cos' hes playing in a really shite team,the worst team for Cov in donkeys years(and thats saying something:ohmy: )
S Staunton is way past it,just here for the money.As for the other Irish players they do a steady job,nothing spectacular.
We are going down this year........................never to return:sad:

I remember what Stephen hughes broke into the Arsenal side back in 97/98 season. He was great - scored goals, was all action etc. Then he faded just as quickly. Sold for 3 million to Everton and he did nothing there, then onto Watford and now Coventry. Very strange how his career went downhill so quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom