The New English Footy Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish i'd thought my predictions out a little more now! I was in such a rush to post them - I think I totally forgot that a draw in any of these games is just as likely!:wink:

so any predictions on the champs league draw on friday...

here's mine:

chelsea vs ac milan (i really feel that we are going to get one of the italian teams and milan would be the worse of the bunch)
liverpool vs lyon
psv - inter
juve vs bayern

Party Boy said:

Hey your birthday is coming up in the next few days also right? I wont ask your age if you dont ask mine!! Pisceans have so much more fun..!

yeah it is actually. for a second i almost forgot it was this weekend. and its a deal....no asking of ages. :D

not like it won't announce it on the main page on saturday anyway. :sigh:

and i truly hope we get psv next round. we need someone slightly easier after barca.

Party Boy said:
Thanks Sweet Tart!

Reckon its going to be Chelsea - PSV, Liverpool - Inter, Bayern - AC Milan and Lyon - Juve.!

There's going to be seven teams praying that they get PSV I think.

The interesting one was last year about five hours before the draw was made some guy with his own website went through exactly what UEFA would want and got it exactly right. It was based on them getting an AC Milan Real Madrid final as well as an Arsenal Real Madrid semi. Things didn't quite work out that way.

I think we'll get Juve which wouldn't be the worst thing, some great teams left but I think we can beat any of them. I don't want Lyon although Jose did overcome them last season.

well we'll see who's prediction skills are the best tomorrow.

but in the case of my predictions...i hope i'm wrong. i don't want ac milan in the next round.

Here we go my team name is Quack, Quack, Bang, Bang.

Birmingham 1 Aston Villa 2
Blackburn 1 Arsenal 3
Bolton 2 Norwich 1
Charlton 2 West Brom 2
Chelsea 2 Crystal Palace 1
Liverpool 1 Everton 0
Man Utd 2 Fulham 1
Middlesborough 1 Southampton 2
Portsmouth 0 Newcastle 2
Tottenham 1 Man City 1

I've never really done this before normally bet on first goalscorer or finishers. I seem to have predicted a lot of away wins but I'll learn from my mistakes.

Hey Sweet tart, hope you have a great birthday! Am still recovering from yesterday.. got to make it through St Patricks day too..

I reckon Chelsea have pissed off UEFA enough in the last few weeks and will get a really difficult tie.. what odds Chelsea - v- Liverpool!?

Sweet Tart said:
well we'll see who's prediction skills are the best tomorrow.

but in the case of my predictions...i hope i'm wrong. i don't want ac milan in the next round.

AC Milan don't worry me as much because it would guarantee everyone being up for it like Barcelona, whereas Lyon look absolute quality and everyone would expect us to overcome them easily.

Party Boy said:
Hey Sweet tart, hope you have a great birthday! Am still recovering from yesterday.. got to make it through St Patricks day too..

I reckon Chelsea have pissed off UEFA enough in the last few weeks and will get a really difficult tie.. what odds Chelsea - v- Liverpool!?

thanks! :D

yeah i'm heading out for st patty's day too. it's going to be a long night i predict. :sigh:

i don't think they would put us together cause that would guaruntee one englsih team in the final 4 and they probably won't want that. :p

Party Boy said:
Ok, the moment everyone has been waiting for.

Prediction fixtures week 1:

Birmingham -v- Aston Villa
Blackburn -v- Arsenal
Bolton -v- Norwich
Charlton -v- West Brom
Chelsea -v- Crystal Palace
Liverpool -v- Everton
Man Utd -v- Fulham
Middlesborough -v- Southampton
Portsmouth -v- Newcastle
Tottenham -v- Man City

My team is called Hell's Satans

Birmingham 1-2 Villa
Blackburn 0-2 Arsenal
Bolton 1-1 Norwich
Charlton 2-0 WBA
Chelsea 1-0 Palace
Liverpool 3-1 Everton
ManU 2-1 Fulham
'Boro 2-0 S'oton
Portsmouth 1-1 Newcastle
Spurs 2-2 Man City

As for the Champs League, my combination of Inter fanhood and extreme pessimism leads to the following prediction for the next round.

Inter - Milan
Chelsea - Bayern
Juventus - Lyon
PSV - Liverpool

Aardvark747 said:

I've just found myself laughing at that choice of abbreviation! Sorry Miss Velvet Dresss!:hug:

:wink:

I thought it was quite funny.. actually makes a good team name .... :wink:

Miss VD, you have read the thread so far and you know the rules and how to play?

D'oh - thanks for your predictions - we got a mini league of 6 so far which will be great!

Yeah, that's good then. I just got confused cos I kept seeing the Euro fixtures popping up on here!

Anyway - in other news, Fergie is staying on for at least another year. He reckons we've got the nucleus of another world class team right now, with some of the great youngsters we have at the moment. He's praising Ronaldo highly, which could prove fatal. Hope it doesnt go to the lads head. He pisses me off now and then with his selfishness on the pitch. And his reluctance to get up and carry on with the game when he's sat on his knees thinking he's been fouled. :mad: That annoys the fuck out of me.
BUT - he shows moments of brilliants sometimes too. H e got a great goal last weekend against Southampton. Had to compose himself and juggle from his left to his right foot, then shoot. And he did it bloody well.
So, hopefully, these rumours of him wanting a bigger contract and being unhappy at the club, will turn out to be just that. And Fergie can continue with developing him as a player.

So my predictions for Chelsea - Bayern and the Milan derby were spot on!

I guess as a die-hard Inter fan it's time for me to start preparing for the worst, I don't give my team a chance against Milan, who i really think are the best team left. Damn that Paolo Maldini!

I think Juve represents the end of the road for Liverpool, while Bayern will provide stiff opposition to Chelsea but im sure the blues will triumph in the end.

Liverpool have no chance bless em'! If they'd got Lyon, then maybe...but anyone else - they really can't progress. I still cant believe they've actually got as far as they have! But fair play to them!
Chelsea might struggle in the 2nd leg, away from home. But it all depends on how the home match goes. And they'll probably do ok with that.
I can see them going all the way to the final - meeting Milan, and losing.

Party Boy said:
Liverpool -v- Juventus
AC Milan -v- Inter
Lyon -v-PSV
Chelsea -v- Bayern Munich

Tough enough draw for chelsea, esp as they play at home first.. All milan derby too, didnt see that one coming

i was shocked by the milan derby too. and the fact that psv and lyon are together.

anyone got any insights on bayern???? i don't watch the german league so i don't know much about them other than they knocked out arsenal. :giggle:

and i think i'll call my team after where i'm originally from.....Capers FC

I'm a little disappointed to be honest would have been nice to have had one of the bigger teams. Still we should get through and then the semi looks fascinating regardless of who it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom