The National - Trouble Will Find Anthony Fantano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's an alright song. The last few albums have ended with kind of a shrug. Not every song can be Mr November I suppose.

if you ask me, most albums by most people these days seem to end with an 'ok, we're done' shrug. Can't quite figure why.

I wouldn't put this one in that category, although it's obviously not Mr November (but then again, nor was whatever ended Sad Songs).

It's an alright song. The last few albums have ended with kind of a shrug. Not every song can be Mr November I suppose.

Oh man, I love Vanderlyle Crybaby Cry :(

I rarely get to Gospel on Boxer. More often than not I find myself going Fake Empire>Mistaken for Strangers>Brainy>Squalor Victoria>Slow Show>Apartment Story>Guest Room, sometimes I'll play Start a War or Ada as well. That album's just never clicked for me.

nor was whatever ended Sad Songs).

Haha, Lucky You is my favorite song on that album.

Gospel and geeks do their job, in which they often convince me I need to either listen to the album again, or listen to one of their others.

I like Lucky You a great deal as well.

The final track on this new album is probably my least favorite song on the album (not saying I dislike it, just saying I like it less than most everything else).

FANTANO WAS TROUBLE WHEN HE WALKED IN!

SHAME ON HIM NOW-OWW

GAVE A BAD REVIEW TO THIS ALBUM!

WE SHOULD PUT HIM DOWN! (OH!)

FANTANO WAS TROUBLE WHEN HE WALKED IN!

SO SHAME ON HIM NOW-OWW!

HIS OPlNION SUCKS AGAIN!

HE SHOULD BE BLEEDING ON THE COLD HARD GROUND!

OHHH! OHHH!

TROUBLE TROUBLE TROUBLE!

AHHH! AHHHH!

TROUBLE TROUBLE TROUBLE!

And the saddest fear...comes creepin' in...that he never liked Blur, or Ween, or ANYONE, OR ANYTHING...YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Fantano was trouble when he walked in.

Trouble Trouble Trouble.

No apologies, Fantano will never see you cry
Pretend he doesn't know that he's the reason why
The National is drowning, drowning, drowning
And now I heard the album sucks, from whispers on the street
An album on his list is all they'll ever be

Once upon a time
A few reviews ago...
THE NASH! was in his sights
He couldn't let it go
HE TRASHED IT, LAMBASTED IT, HE BASHED IT it it it it

But seriously, who was it that said they don't like the last three songs?

I find Humiliation and Pink Rabbits are two of my favorites here. Don't see how a fan of the National could dislike them, but that's just me. They remind me lyrically of some ALLIGATOR shit. Yes.

I find Humiliation and Pink Rabbits are two of my favorites here. Don't see how a fan of the National could dislike them, but that's just me. They remind me lyrically of some ALLIGATOR shit. Yes.

I've already changed my mind about what I said of the last song yesterday evening when I realized it has a Violent Femmes lyric. I like Humiliation and Pink Rabbits a lot too, two of my favs on the album. I pretty much like every song quite a bit.

I don't know much about this show. It's on PBS, right?

The National: Live from the Artists Den - First Look - YouTube

This Is the Last Time didn't strike me at first, but I have quickly come to love it. I have only listened past I Need My Girl once, as I keep getting interrupted. I will rectify that as soon as possible, because I remember Pink Rabbits being fantastic.

Me, but I've changed my mind to only not liking pink rabbits now.

Top five favorites:
Demons
Graceless
Slipped
I should live in salt
I need my girl

Order subject to change. But I like this is the last time a lot, too.

Oh man. That's too bad. Fireproof clicked with me after its opening couplet. Brilliant tune. Let's go.

I picked up J-Roll.
Oof. He's still a great defensive value for the Phillies but for fantasy stats he has just been miserable. His ISO is down, his base stealing is down and his strikeouts are up. Plus the Phillies don't drive in runs so he's not going to score a bunch.

I think my favorite line so far is from I Need My Girl:

"Remember when you lost your shit and drove the car into the garden; you got out and said I'm sorry to the vines, and no one saw it."

I love that line. Def. one of my favorites, though I absolutely love the ending of Graceless too.

All of my thoughts of you
Bullets through rotten fruit
Come apart at the seams
Now I know what dying means

I am not my rosy self
Left my roses on my shelf
Take the white ones, they're my favorites
It's the side effects that save us

Such great imagery that conveys the emotions perfectly.

Demons is basically the last two years of my college life. I wrote a similar line to "I am in love with everyone I grew up with" about a year before Matt did that I intend to still use in my recordings.

Back
Top Bottom