The most pathetic U2 thing you've ever done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got mad at my english Book because in the translations list was A.E (american english) and B.E. british english..... and with a black marker I wrote I.E. IRISH ENGLISH in it ... now hoping when I have to return my books at the end of the schoolyear, they won't notice :whistle:

Go ahead call me mental--I have a picture of Bono I keep in my car & he rides beside me when I am alone. Sometimes I even have a conversation with him. :sad: :reject:

Thats ok, I talk to the Bonos on my screensaver.... when it changes to a new one, I'm like oh Hi Bono!... oooh well hellooo Bono! ... oh hey Larry, where did Bono go... Oh there you are!

^ :lmao:

I think it's perfectly fine to have a conversation with Bono... 's picture. :happy:

Carmelu2fan said:
I say "is it cause I am black that you are not buying the accent":eyebrow:

:shocked:

I say that too whenever my brother/friends look at me strangely!

I tell them that it's possible for a Korean to have an Irish accent :wink:

youtooellen said:
I've done many pathetic U2 things in my life... but I suppose something that's constant is that every morning before I go to school, I start off my day with U2.
I set my computer the night before to a music video, usually Beautiful Day, OOTS, or Elevation.
So I wake up, go to the bathroom and pop in a U2 mix cd of 'uplifting' songs and I listen to them while brushing my teeth, putting in my contacts, etc.
Then I come to my room, turn my screen on, and watch the videos while I change my clothes, etc.
Then when I'm eating breakfast and leave my house to get the bus, I listen to U2 on my iPod.

I did something like that too.

In high school I had to wake up at the butt crack of dawn just to get there on time. It was getting harder and harder to wake up 'cause I kept hitting the snooze. So I started setting the alarm on my television to play a video when it went off. What did I have in my video player? Ofcourse, U2 videos that I had taped off of MTV.

youtooellen said:
^ :lmao:

I think it's perfectly fine to have a conversation with Bono... 's picture. :happy:

:shocked:

I say that too whenever my brother/friends look at me strangely!

I tell them that it's possible for a Korean to have an Irish accent :wink:
Don't laugh--one time--he answered me. (Ok I'm just kiddin' about that.) I guess I am just Bono obsessed but not in a harmful way. :wink:

Dave_BONO_04.jpg

heh you look like you are going to lift him up and take him away!!! yes please! can I give you my adress so you'll deliver him at the door???? I dont care about the price :lol:

I keep a PHOTO of my Bono-autographed Madison Square Garden ticket from 11/21 on my desk at work. :nerd: The real ticket is safely mounted in a glass display case, tucked away in my walk-in closet -- the temporary home for my U2 shrine. :reject:

:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
I hope your comfortable cats and kittens because the list of pathetic things I have done in the name of love...er, U2, is quite extensive.

1) If you look at some pics of baby band U2 (and why would you do that?) on their first US tour, you will find Bono sitting on a fire hydrant in downtown Chicago. My friend Nora and I hunted high and low for this fire hydrant and when we found it, we took plenty of pictures. I even have a picture of me balancing on it quite precariously.

2) While at college, I did a Power Point Presentation on the mullet.

3) I nicknamed my nephew Fredrick “The Fredge.”

4) I didn’t cry at my college graduation or my honors ceremony, but I did cry when U2 were inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

5) Back in the day, I thought I was hot shit among my U2 friends because I was the first one to realize that the distinguished white haired gentleman in the “One” video was Bono’s dad. All my friends were like, “No, he’s some actor U2 hired,” but I insisted it was Bobby Hewson. And I was right!

6) I’ve played U2 Madlibs.

7) A few weeks ago, my friend Julie and I were at Sephora (aka “The Mothership”). After we made our purchases, I went over to the men’s fragrance section and spritzed some Bulgari BLV onto a testing strip. I held it under Julie’s nose and told her that this is what Bono wears. She asked me how I knew this and I told her I read it on the Internet. She then said, “Well, it must be true.” I asked her, “What do you expect him to wear? Axe?” She said, “How about Old Spice” and I snarked, “He’s not our dad!”

8) I actually watched that crap movie, “Entropy.”

There are too many to list, but here are some...

Everytime the phrase you too is said I usually start to laugh and then people realize why....and say OMG.

Stay around wherever until a song is finished and make sure everyone knows its U2.

Thought about naming my kids Paul and David, but didn't.. a little to obvious.

Wanted to name my dog Bono...everyone said no!!!!

Spent over a grand to see them some on this tour!!!

and the list can go on....:ohmy:

Our dog had puppies and I named the only boy Bono. Where not allowed to keep them but I still named them!! They were going to be named after the whole band, but the rest where girls. Also my mum keeps asking me, if I have any kids when I'm older, if I have a boy am I going to name him Bono? I'm like NO!! If I have a girl it's going to be... The Edge :wink:

-Nikki

I did all this things and more, I ordered to made for me silver rings like those on the cover of Auchtung Baby; every morning since the 80`s I wake up with some U2 song, now I am listening them all the time in my i Pod, now I am teaching to my 6 year old son about them....:wink: :yes: :laugh: :applaud:

NowIremember other thing: I wasina cousin`s birthday party and I was the DJ, the party was made in one of my favorites uncle's House, and he shows me his NEW VERTIGO CONCERT IN BOSTON CD!!! Then I forgot my Dj job, I spend the whole night in front the tv laughting, crying, dreaming about the concert becouse I will go to see them FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE on february in San Pablo, Brazil, and the best (or worst part) is that....I am 35 years old to do this things ( not a Child anymore):p

" hope your comfortable cats and kittens because the list of pathetic things I have done in the name of love...er, U2, is quite extensive.

1) If you look at some pics of baby band U2 (and why would you do that?) on their first US tour, you will find Bono sitting on a fire hydrant in downtown Chicago. My friend Nora and I hunted high and low for this fire hydrant and when we found it, we took plenty of pictures. I even have a picture of me balancing on it quite precariously.

2) While at college, I did a Power Point Presentation on the mullet.

3) I nicknamed my nephew Fredrick “The Fredge.”

4) I didn’t cry at my college graduation or my honors ceremony, but I did cry when U2 were inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

5) Back in the day, I thought I was hot shit among my U2 friends because I was the first one to realize that the distinguished white haired gentleman in the “One” video was Bono’s dad. All my friends were like, “No, he’s some actor U2 hired,” but I insisted it was Bobby Hewson. And I was right!

6) I’ve played U2 Madlibs.

7) A few weeks ago, my friend Julie and I were at Sephora (aka “The Mothership”). After we made our purchases, I went over to the men’s fragrance section and spritzed some Bulgari BLV onto a testing strip. I held it under Julie’s nose and told her that this is what Bono wears. She asked me how I knew this and I told her I read it on the Internet. She then said, “Well, it must be true.” I asked her, “What do you expect him to wear? Axe?” She said, “How about Old Spice” and I snarked, “He’s not our dad!”

8) I actually watched that crap movie, “Entropy.” "

I love it!!! and I read also about his parfum, I agreed with you, This is was he wears!!! :wink:

Last edited:
Golightly Grrl said:

:ohmy:

any chance you could post a picture of the baby band U2/Bono and the fire hydrant?

perhaps I'll go on a quest to find that fire hydrant too.. :shifty: :D

youtooellen said:

:ohmy:

any chance you could post a picture of the baby band U2/Bono and the fire hydrant?

perhaps I'll go on a quest to find that fire hydrant too.. :shifty: :D

the Bono one is at the baby band thread... it's the one with the red jacket... I don't have it here, I'll look for you!

I think this is one of them:
bonoadamfirehydrant6ee.jpg

Last edited:
The movie Reality Bites was on TV. I didn't feel like watching the movie, but I definitely turned the channel over during the last 10 minutes just to hear All I Want Is You being played.

LOL!

is going to about 10 bookstores to search ( way too late ofcourse) for a copy of the perosn of the year edition of Time magazine pathetic? if yes.. add that to my growing list... and I still haven't found what I'm looking for :sad:

EVERYWHERE I went was sold out so fast! Even the bookstore employees were all like oh yeah sure we have Time, then they'd look at the empty spot & go "Oh wow, we're sold out!" & they were totally surprised. I finally got lucky in the GROCERY store. (Heh... that sounded funny!) But really, try looking places like that, or there's always ebay....

bonocomet said:
EVERYWHERE I went was sold out so fast! Even the bookstore employees were all like oh yeah sure we have Time, then they'd look at the empty spot & go "Oh wow, we're sold out!" & they were totally surprised. I finally got lucky in the GROCERY store. (Heh... that sounded funny!) But really, try looking places like that, or there's always ebay....
I can't buy over the internet,... parents don't want that..
but I've searched all in my town.. all the bookstores, and grocerie stores don't have them... dutchieland y'know... and I went to Amsterdam today... tried about four or five Bookstores, and even huge ones..... and all were sold out or sent them back already because they had the new edition! :sad: Life ain't fair!

Pathetic U2 Thing I Did Today: (other than wearing my new U2 shirt, but that's not too pathetic)

In our band music, sections are labeled by letters. My band director would say the letter he wanted us to go to like "B as in The Beatles" or "G as in The Goo Goo Dolls." I was getting kinda sad that there was no section U so when he called D, I declared "D as in U2!!!!!!!!!!" Yeah, I got a few laughs out of that...my band is kinda used to it by now. Sometimes, I wonder how many of them want to kill me. :wink: .........:eyebrow:

EDIT:

I just remembered another one. At musical auditions, the director was teaching us a dance. She said that we had to kick our leg out, but not too high. It would just be like an "elevation." So yeah...guess what song I started singing? EL-E-VA-TION!!!

Last edited:
Okay I've finally thought of something... it's not that I've never done anything pathetic involving U2, I just had to think about the Most pathetic!! Okay, whenever I go into a store that sell cds/DVDs, I always go and rearranged their cd/DVD rack so that all of the U2 cds/DVDs, they have under the letter U, are on the front! And if they actually have a separeate U2 section, I rearrange the cds/DVDs in cronological order!!! :huh:

bono_212 said:

I always smile when I get to say you too...that is probably the owrse one

:)

That is the biggest one with me.....it also makes you aware of just how many times the phrase "You too" or "You two" is used EVERY DAY! My U2 friends and I will stop one another and say "You said U2!".....

I can't say that I've ever seen Bono in my flooring tho.

Carek1230 said:

That is the biggest one with me.....it also makes you aware of just how many times the phrase "You too" or "You two" is used EVERY DAY! My U2 friends and I will stop one another and say "You said U2!".....

I can't say that I've ever seen Bono in my flooring tho.

I smiled to myself as I walked out of Barnes & Noble today when I said "You too" to the cashier after buying a magazine mentioning U2 on the cover (Q's January issue w/Bono on the cover). :wink:

Back
Top Bottom