The most pathetic U2 thing you've ever done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a really cool English teacher in junior year of high school who had posters of U2, Zeppelin, and Def Leppard in her classroom. At Christmas that year ('93, I think), we had to each bring in something to use as an ornament that had a literary reference. My contibution? I cut up the cover of a spare copy of Rolling Stone, put a hook through the top of the picture and referenced "The Minister's Black Veil" by Nathaniel Hawthorne. The picture:

rs.jpg

I just used it as a headshot. No need for class to be distracting. :drool:

I had a much less cool English teacher senior year. She really disliked me for some reason. So when we had to do projects compiling British and Irish poetry, I threw in "Van Diemen's Land" by one David Evans. She was very impressed when I recited it in class, although she confessed she was unfamiliar with the poem. :wink:

If I even hear a note of a U2 song in a store or restaurant I either run to the nearest speaker and stand there and listen or run to the bathroom (sometimes the music played over the PAs are louder in there) :D
That happened with Pride once...also at Hoss's salad bar once, near where the soup pots are, is the kitchen door. I was getting a bowl and I heard this certain guitar opening and knew what one it was immediately. So I stood near the kitchen door with my plate trying to look occupied while it played. LOL I stayed until the song was over. It was HmTmKmKm blasting...LOL...I told my mom excitedly,ooh its U2! And let me be. :D

Last edited:
MsPurrl said:
Well, *I*, personally, don't think it's pathetic, but . . . here I am, approaching 60 with a great more speed that I like to admit, and this is the wallpaper on my computer in my office at "a major midwest university":

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drool::drool:

I'll get there first.:wink:

Carmelu2fan said:

I do think I was kinda pathetic going to 3 out of the four concerts alone:reject:

No, no, no, Carmel... you got to see U2 FOUR times, is the way to look at it!!

It's all about the music, right? And I missed out on one of my only chances (I did see them the first night) to see them this tour, because I couldn't get any friends to go the second night... who lost out? Just me!! (Well, so did my friends, but we're not concerned about them at this point, are we?)

Your my concert role model!!! Good on you, and U2 rules!!!
:bow:

:rockon: :rockon:

Lemon3 said:

That second pic I totally just made into my desktop. And living in Indiana, and going to college here, it makes me totally want to know what "major midwest university" you're talking about. :wink:

The one just off of I-65 between Indianapolis and Chicago. My department head (boss) tolerates my obsession. :giggle:

We played Trivial Pursuit the 80's edition over xmas and every question that I didn't know the right answer I said U2 or some version of U2.

For example - the question was "Who was the third party presidential candidate in 1980?" and my answer: Bono [only I said Paul Hewson because it sounded like a 'real' answer]

It was amusing to me!

Today I was helping the lady at the bead store take inventory. We finish counting things and now we're writing them down, and I'm calling out things like "the sterling lobster clasps shaped like dolphins, number 2759-- we have eight!"

And every time there was one of something, guess which song I would automatically break into. :| :wink:

I always spazz and start singing along whenever I'm in a store, and a U2 song comes on. I was also just in NYC, and while in the JFK airport, on a tv screen, a commercial for the Chicago dvd came on...I jumped and shouted "Look!" to my mom...and then apologized for being too obsessed in public :reject:

Also, whenever walking by the Apple store at the mall, I always have to stop to watch the OOTS commercial on the iPods in the display window.

Another thing, in my school, in homeroom everyday, we have a morning show with the pledge and announcements. Before the pledge, the show ALWAYS starts with the opening of Streets...except it stops just before Bono starts singing!!! :banghead: It's torture! I usually start singing it to myself though :wink:

Yea, I've lost touch with some people...I guess I'm annoying whenever I talk about U2, and people want me to stop :uhoh:

...thank goodness for Interference! :)

Well Vertigo is on the new Cd at work, and yesterday when it came on (making suer there were no customers in the store ) I yelled out "UNO, DOS, TRES, CATORCE) Well my english speaking friend knew what I was singing, but my, doesn't speak very much english, boss, looked at me, like I was completely 100 % off my rocker.

Hmm...they play the radio during gym class sometimes, and they had two U2 songs in a row, so I ran over to my friend and I was like "RODNEY! LISTEN! U2!!!!"

I talk about U2 to people that barely listen to them like my poor friend Luke who has to hear it from me all the time. XD

Everytime someone says "Have a nice day" at the store, I say "You too" and then I start laughing.

In Spanish class when my teacher's trying to get our attention, she counts to four. I resist the urge to yell "CATORCE!" on the top of my lungs when she goes "Uno, dos, tres..."

My Xanga layouts are all created by me and themed on various U2 songs. Currently, it's "City Of Blinding Lights."

lovebono said:
I can see Bono's face on our bathroom floor:|
It's just random lines and patterns, and the other day I noticed a face with shades.....:ohmy: BONO?!
Time to get a life, maybe?:wink:

My parents have a terrazzo floor in their bathroom. I might go and sit there for a while, I need to make some money before the tour in March.....:hmm:

LikeNoOneBefore said:

Everytime someone says "Have a nice day" at the store, I say "You too" and then I start laughing.
My Xanga layouts are all created by me and themed on various U2 songs. Currently, it's "City Of Blinding Lights."

I always smile when I get to say you too...that is probably the owrse one

and mine is Vertigo themed :)

Ahahah... Nice to see I'm not alone to be a bit pathetic ;)
At work (Sears), everytime I hear a song from U2, I grab one of my collegues and tell him/her : "It's U2 !!!!!":drool:
When they are not there, I can't stop smiling stupidly in front of the clients and sometimes I whisper for myself "U2... U2..."

Hm. Ahah. Shame. Hopefuly, U2's song pass like once in a day, or twice. Lucky clients... ;)

My most pathetic/most desperate would have to be going to Pittsburgh. I was supposed to spend the weekend with my boyfriend and his family, who were coming from out of town for his sister's Parents Weekend (she goes to my college). Instead, I ditched them to go to the Pitts show with Miroslava and April. What's worse is that I had to drive to Miroslava's house and I don't have a car, so since my boyfriend has a seizure disorder and couldn't drive at the time, I whined until he let me use his car. I ended up front and center, first row in the ellipse! I felt so bad though. But I guess it all worked out for the better b/c my bf went to the mall with his parents and found the engagement ring he got me! :ohmy:

labell said:
Everythng... I hear it played in a store I grab whoever is with me and shout at them to listen...

whenever there is just a picture of one of them on tv I make everyone look.

and lately I don't like to miss Edge's music rising commercial!

I'm positive their is more. :wink:

Ha ha that is me!!!! I stop dead in my tracks when I hear a U2 song in a store or something...

I also think that it is a "sign" that eveytime I turn on my car stereo or switch stations there is almost "always" a U2 song on..
and I like::: It's a sign!!! its got to be a SIGN!!...

or im at my "sometimes" super boring job and I giggle to my self thinking of a U2 quote or or smile at a U2 incident, or hum a U2 song.....

My paperwork at my work desk is always full of quotes, lyrics, pictures, logos or ideas for a new fan fic...

Ok Im a DORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!:huh: :up:

Okay this always happens: a U2 song comes on the radio like a block from my house...so I keep the car running in my driveway until the song finishes--as we all know gas ain't cheap!!:whistle:

Also if a song actually comes on before I'm almost home I totally blast the tune so whoever is around me can also enjoy the kick-arse music that is U2!:angel:

if a song comes on I turn off the engine and sit in my driveway...mom usually comes otu and asks me what happened...but takes on look at hte glow on my face, says neverm ind, and walks away.

What's THE weirdest thing I've done?

That's quite a coincidence! Today I visited NYC, and I went in the big Virgin Records store in Times Square. The Chicago DVD was playing on a HUUUUGE screen downstairs, but there was no sound! So I stood in the middle of the downstairs area thing (right on top of a big floor decal that happened to say "VIRGIN-VERTIGO" what's that mean??:ohmy: ) and sang all the songs to myself.

And the guitar solos... And sometimes the bass line. While tapping the drum part with my foot. For 25 minutes. Seriously. :| I think the store employees were watching me cautiously.

That was officially the weirdest thing I've ever done. But damnit, it was great.

Edgy Thing said:
There's a boy in my class who always say "U2 sucks!" when he get's the chance. It ould be anywhere!
Then I turn into this atomic bomb ( :angel: ) full with arguments on why they don't and we just keep going, until he looks like this
:| xD That's so fun!

I do that a lot, too! It's an amazing little feeling of victory whenever a G-Unit worshipping eejit has a completely dumbfounded look on their face when they realize that they cannot win an argument involving U2 with ya.

When I dressed up as Bono for Halloween (for I am too short and clumsy to pull off Adam), only one person (outside of my friends who know I'm a U2 freak) recognized me. During Health class when we had a primarily free period (actually, we had this "Students Offering Support" thing, but no one actually takes that seriously) he took my sunglasses and said, "Dude, I'm Bono! What's the lyrics to Ver-" and before he could finish the first syllable I recited all the lyrics to Vertigo.

I also named my trumpet Bono because trumpet it obviously the Bono of brass instruments (Adam's the trombone, Edge is the french horn, and Larry's the sousaphone... and I actually took the time to think that over :nerd: )

bearleft said:

rs.jpg

I just used it as a headshot. No need for class to be distracting. :drool:

I had a much less cool English teacher senior year. She really disliked me for some reason. So when we had to do projects compiling British and Irish poetry, I threw in "Van Diemen's Land" by one David Evans. She was very impressed when I recited it in class, although she confessed she was unfamiliar with the poem. :wink:

OMG!!!:lmao: that is so great!!!!!!!

and :drool: :drool: :drool: at the pic

lol well I happen to watch MTV's top 11 at 11 every day in my holidays just to see if there's u2 on... and if they aren't, I can like 90% of the time think of a u2 song that would fit(I.E. christmas-Christmas baby please come home... that stuff :p)
and today, the theme was winter....
the number 1!!!!! NEW YEARS DAY!
and that was 1,5 hours ago and I'm still jumping around with a freakn smile on my face and beign so happy... and I don't know why, I saw the vid yesterday, I have it on my pc... but seeing it on tv is sooo different :drool: and it makes Bono so much cuter!....
but it makes me feel good that other people recognize their greatness!

^ reminds me.. A year ago, on MTV "top ten at ten new year's day".. number 1 was in fact, new year's day. :wink: I screamed out NO F***ING way! Yess!!! because its very close to being my fav U2 song, and MTV showed it! it's weird because normally they stick to pussycat dolls and such. :huh:

My fav coffee shop plays 90's U2 everyday! it's so cool!

and when I hear ONE in there, I get my lighter and lift it up. :reject: :lol:

lol yeah mtv is way too much pop-hiphop-rap stuff
but I love it... few days ago, they had top 11 at 11 Lovesongs.... number 4, With or Without you! I was like :drool: god why didn't I buy a BIG flatscreen tv...... and then my toast got kinda soaked and it wasn't very edible anymore.... :p
I never hear u2 songs in stores etc here... sadly..

Edit: wait a second.. if they did that last year,... then they might do it this year again!!!!!!!! ok Im starting to get mtv addicted.. well to the top 11 at 11 then...

an_cat said:
What's THE weirdest thing I've done?

That's quite a coincidence! Today I visited NYC, and I went in the big Virgin Records store in Times Square. The Chicago DVD was playing on a HUUUUGE screen downstairs, but there was no sound! So I stood in the middle of the downstairs area thing (right on top of a big floor decal that happened to say "VIRGIN-VERTIGO" what's that mean??:ohmy: ) and sang all the songs to myself.

And the guitar solos... And sometimes the bass line. While tapping the drum part with my foot. For 25 minutes. Seriously. :| I think the store employees were watching me cautiously.

That was officially the weirdest thing I've ever done. But damnit, it was great.

Oh God, I'm so glad it's not only me who does that ;) I've had many a wierd look whilst singing along to some U2 song on screen. For example, walking past an electronics shop, and in the window they'll have a range of their biggest an most impressive TVs. Usually their plugged into some new channel but sometimes they're tuned into MTV or VH2 or something. Whenever I see a U2 song I have to stop and just peer through the window...... okay, I really am a LOOOOOOOSER.

I seriously wonder what they would do if a bunch of u2 fans would do that... as in, take around 10 PLEBAns and let us in a store wich has u2 on.... wonder what would happen ^^
also I think VIRGIN-VERTIGO means that it's the first time they play the dvd, or something like that...

I personally don't think ANY of these things are weird! As for the rest of the world...who cares? I do walk thru the grocery store (or whatever store) singing out loud when they play a U2 song. We were shopping for a plasma tv most of Oct & Nov. Every time we went into Best Buy (quite a few times) they were showing the promo for the Live 8 DVD, which of course was Sgt. Pepper. Stood there and watched it on 12 42" tv's at once.... Ahhhhhhh. Life is good.

Back
Top Bottom