The List Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way - All GA Line Drama Discussions Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The hate is thick. Wow. This is like the foxnews bubble. Enjoy the show(s), if you’re able. Be sure to spit on everyone in the rail.

nah i will take a bottle of piss to throw at you :D

I'm actually okay with the check in system in theory.

But a few things need to happen.

1. The information needs to be posted on band social accounts, with instructions emailed at the point of purchase on when and where to look.

It would be preferred if someone from the livenation team was in town to help. It's not as if they can't afford it. But at the very least, sanction the specific check in system and post it on official channels (not some random, unaffiliated fan run Facebook group)

2. No reserved spots for "line runners." This is horse shit. This is where people get pissed, when spots are saved for people who aren't even in the state because they have a pre existing relationship with someone and agree to hold a damn notebook for a few hours.

If you're going to be a line runner, you need to be in town when the list starts. If you're coming from out of state the day before or morning of, tough. You get whatever number you get. If you're truly doing this because golly gee you just love the u2 fan community so much, then you won't get too butt hurt over dropping back 100 spots because you weren't there when the list started.

3. Day or show the band and venue need to start distributing wristbands at 8 am. I know this happens at a lot of venue's, but it needs to be official and uniform across every show.

Instead of wasting money on a dopey AR app that is used for one song, why not develop an official U2 GA app. Push notifications on check in location, scanning a bar code to check in and get your number (eliminating the need for wristbands).

For what it's worth, I feel kinda bad for the venue people in Omaha. They did try to set the rules using social media only to be, allegedly, told by someone in the U2 camp to follow the fan list run by Nate or Nate's Crew.

It's pretty mind boggling that after all these years of GA line issues, nothing seems to have been solved to make it equitable or even openly communicated to all GA holders by U2 or Live Nation.

Having said that, we did our usual -- rolled up at 6:50 and were two back of the rail on the small stage.

Plenty of people disappointed though and all the venue could do was apologize; that must have sucked.

Instead of wasting money on a dopey AR app that is used for one song, why not develop an official U2 GA app. Push notifications on check in location, scanning a bar code to check in and get your number (eliminating the need for wristbands).

I can see it now, a brand new U2 AR app for line runners that shows a big line of people where there's actually just an empty car park.

You know who the true line runner is because the AR app reveals a big gold crown on top of their heads.

I'm actually okay with the check in system in theory.

But a few things need to happen.

1. The information needs to be posted on band social accounts, with instructions emailed at the point of purchase on when and where to look.

It would be preferred if someone from the livenation team was in town to help. It's not as if they can't afford it. But at the very least, sanction the specific check in system and post it on official channels (not some random, unaffiliated fan run Facebook group)

2. No reserved spots for "line runners." This is horse shit. This is where people get pissed, when spots are saved for people who aren't even in the state because they have a pre existing relationship with someone and agree to hold a damn notebook for a few hours.

If you're going to be a line runner, you need to be in town when the list starts. If you're coming from out of state the day before or morning of, tough. You get whatever number you get. If you're truly doing this because golly gee you just love the u2 fan community so much, then you won't get too butt hurt over dropping back 100 spots because you weren't there when the list started.

3. Day or show the band and venue need to start distributing wristbands at 8 am. I know this happens at a lot of venue's, but it needs to be official and uniform across every show.

Yeah, this. All I ask is that whatever queuing system is used is communicated well in advance to every single GA ticketholder. It's very simple. You should not have to use a certain social media platform or know a certain person or think to do an Internet search three days before the show starts—and you certainly should not get dudded because you followed the instructions shared by the actual venue, only for some other person to claim their mystery list gets priority.

It amuses me that Nate and his coterie sometimes do drive-bys here but never ever bother to address the most important points. I suppose if you're used to doing drive-by check-ins, you probably struggle with any deeper engagement. But if you are not communicating your line to every ticketholder, and then try to get ahead of people who have followed the procedure that has been communicated officially, you deserve to go right to the back of the fucking line. No, one person holding a notebook in a carpark is not some glorious "fan service" volunteer. They're an arrogant and selfish prick trying to gain personal advantage by over-riding what has actually been communicated to every fan.

I'm all for check-ins when done officially. Boston 2005 was fantastic. I remember turning up early for one of the shows (the third I think) and getting a number/wristband and having the day to explore the city. It was awesome, especially as a visitor to the city.

But when it's the same cluster of fans running check-ins for their own gain, who expect to be given preference to other people who have turned up early and followed the instructions available to every ticketholder? Come on Nate, stop being a coward and explain how that is in any way acceptable behaviour.

Yeah, it's telling that the substance of the criticisms of the self-appointed line runners is absolutely never addressed.

This is typical. Whenever this argument comes up, the line runners get up on their crosses and claim those who question the system are haters with no ideas. And that they the list "leaders" are humble fans selflessly doing a service. We consistently propose ideas but they just ignore saying it's been like this for 5 tours.

Last edited:
Tell me that this isn't about a group of fans being entitled, and then explain to me the treatment this poor guy Juan is getting on Facebook for daring to start the line on his own without conferring with the "line runners" first.
I need to find this FB post--would like to chime in w/ some of my own thoughts on the matter.

And it kinda goes back to what I asked earlier: can anyone start a list? Judging from the quote above, apparently not. So who's this Nate guy anyway? Like, does he have some insider, concert venue connection? Does he work for Live Nation? Is he just some random Joe Schmoe who decided to make a list one day? And what's the genesis of this whole "List"-thing, anyway? How did it gain so much traction, and why the hell am I just now hearing about it?? :rant:

I would really like to hear the other side's argument in advocating for the List, because--based purely from what I'm reading in this thread--it sounds like they're just gaming the system w/ the justification that the 'Line Runners' are merely being compensated for their work in the creation and maintaining of said List (is this correct? sorta-kinda-maybe-not really... ?), but I still don't know why the fuck these Lists exist in the first place :doh: Is there an issue w/ the common practice of simply deciding one's placement in a GA line on the basis of 'First Come, First Served'?

Also... I'm a little envious of these people's ability to attend so many concerts lol (still don't understand the need to be at the railing every. single. time., but that's another discussion...).

Last edited:
Thankfully I've never personally encountered these seemingly absurd 'list leaders' or 'line runners'. They seem pathetic for a variety of reasons. And I get why people are pissed at them.

But the reality is that without the landlord doing a full decontamination of the way this is managed, the cockroaches will persist.

U2 are the landlord. They need to fix this.

Interference used to be fun. Seems now there is a lot of misguided hate, judgement and bitterness. Shame, that.
Can you instead respond to some of the issues and why you don't see them as issues?

They seem fairly simple and fair.

1. Official sanction and publication by management so that everyone gets the same info

2. No holding of spots for anyone, including "line leaders." First come, first serve. If you want to volunteer to be a line leader, you need to be in the area when the line starts.

3. Uniformity across all venues with regards to day of show, including the distribution of wristbands, etc.

These simple changes don't seem like anything that people who are "in it for the community" would have an issue with.

So would you be okay with this? And if not, why? What would be unfair about ensuring everyone has the same info and same chances?

Last edited:
But how else can they lead if not from the front? We need leaders.
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic it serious here, so I'll respond twice, and you can choose your own adventure.

Serious:

We're not talking about brain surgery here. You write a name in a notebook and write a number on a hand. There's no educational prerequisite or prior job experience needed here.

Sarcastic:

OMG I know rite??!? How could anyone ever figure out the complexities of using a sharpie?!

To be fair, the serious response was kinda sarcastic as well.

Back
Top Bottom