The Killers - Day And Age

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah i cant believe there are still GA tickets for columbus, i was tempted to buy one but the STL show is the day before and im sure something will come up

I went to their concert at MSG in NYC tonight it was great! They've really progressed as a live band - this is my third time seeing them in progressively bigger venues - first time was in a crowd of about 300 on the field of a minor league stadium in Staten Island in October 2005, second time was at 5,000 seat Theater at MSG in October 2006 (I also saw them at Live 8 but that was just one song). They've always been fun, which was their saving grace, but the other times they were a little bit of a hot mess - pacing was off, and Brandon not looking very comfortable. Big difference in both this time...pacing and flow were perfect, Brandon very at ease at last. They sound tighter musically too, everything was A-1 all around. Much better concert than Coldplay's, even though I like Viva La Vida better than Day and Age, I still don't get "are we human, or are we dancer?", hehe.

^thanks for ur review! I am going to see them wednesday nite. Saw them last time they were here at the same venue so It will be a treat to see them again.. I am super 'cited.

oh my gawd!
what a arse kicking show that was last nite! Wow.. I had front rail in front of Mark (the bassist). Waited outside the venue for 2 1/2 hrs.. piece of cake compared to U2. Haha.
Me and a friend had fun talking to the real cool security guards there the whole time which made time fly. Opening band, M83 (a french techno band) just didn't do it for me. It was like one long 30 min song (all the songs sounded the same). Killers came on around 9:15 or so. Opened with Spaceman which I just loved.. :love: I got a set list and took some pics that I'll post tonite when I get home from work.

I will say this Brandon has truly become a great showman up there. He finally is comfortable, relaxed and having fun, talkin to the crowd. This was my 3rd time seeing them and this was an immediate impression I got last nite. He has always been kinda awkward, disconnected a bit from the audience in the past which I had always noticed before but now he is completely comfortable in his own skin.. This really made the show fun!

off to work.. will post more later.:wave:

MY CHECK CAME MY CHECK CAME MY CHECK CAME MY CHECK CAME MY CHECK CAME !!!!

Amy, M83 opened for them? AND YOU DIDN'T ENJOY IT?!?!?!?! Can I have yoru experience please? :wink:

MY CHECK CAME MY CHECK CAME MY CHECK CAME MY CHECK CAME MY CHECK CAME !!!!

Amy, M83 opened for them? AND YOU DIDN'T ENJOY IT?!?!?!?! Can I have yoru experience please? :wink:

woohooo! wtg girlie..:applaud:

yes, I didn't like them. Not into techno european music. Like i said the songs sounded the same to me like one long song. She has a great voice tho. And they have no stage presence (that needs a lot of work).

uploading pics now.. fyi.. pics aren't that good. I still can't figure out how to get great pics from my camera.. so hit and miss for me. grr

here are some pics..

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

Setlist:

spaceman
losing touch
somebody told me
smile
this is your life
extended intro> joyride
i can't stay
bling
shadowplay
bones
neon tiger
human
sams town (acoustic)
read my mind
mr. Brightside
all these things
encore
world we live in
reasons
jenny
when you were young

Average album, but damn they're fine live. Saw them 2 weeks back, up the front. Spaceman and Brightside are mega live.....

Dustland Fairytale is so terrible. The vocals at the start are not bad but it's just a boring song in my reckoning. Oh so skippable

This Is Your Life, Spaceman, Human, I Can't Stay :up:

Sorry Ashley, if its any consolation, I did HEAR half the set, waiting for a train.

You just made it worse. The only reason I'm not taking out a hit on you right now is that I found out they're coming to Indiana in August, so I'm finally going to get to see them *

*fingers crossed

Awesome. Well you know, I'd probably pay to see their own show, I didn't really enjoy them last time I saw them at a festival for the Sam's Town tour, but their solo show as brilliant.

Awesome. Well you know, I'd probably pay to see their own show, I didn't really enjoy them last time I saw them at a festival for the Sam's Town tour, but their solo show as brilliant.

The festival I saw them at (the only time I've seen them) was pretty awesome, and it was during Sam's Town :hmm: weird. Anyways, I think they do a fairly decent job at festivals (also saw the KROQ Christmas gig on the internet) since their singles are good.

The festival I saw them at (the only time I've seen them) was pretty awesome, and it was during Sam's Town :hmm: weird. Anyways, I think they do a fairly decent job at festivals (also saw the KROQ Christmas gig on the internet) since their singles are good.

Eh, I Saw them at Big Day Out...it was good, but not great..for the side show, I had GA...was up close, and had a ball!

great pics. i'm finally seeing them on Sunday in San Jose, i haven't seen them in almost a year and a half (which is the longest i've gone between Killers shows). anyone else here going?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom