The Joshua Tree in San Diego

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RedrocksU2 said:
Jason,
You are a classy guy, man.
I met your manager at the Tower Records Parking Lot show and she was so nice, you guys are lucky to have her.
That performance was awesome by the way, I hope to se you in your next show or at the LA County Fair, where I believe you guys will play....

Hey, thanks RedrocksU2! Yes, we are very fortunate to have Bonnie. She is a huge blessing.

We will be playing the LA County Fair September 9th, 10th, 11th, and 14th. The exact dates for the fair aren't listed on our website yet, but should be posted in the next day or two.

Hope to see you before then though! Please, introduce yourself to me when you come out. If I met you Monday and forgot, I apologize. I was really in the "zone" performance wise.....what a surreal weekend it was and that show was an absolute blast!

Next show is Cupertino (San Jose) on April 8th
14 Below in Santa Monica on April 16th
and...we're back at Harry O's in Manhattan Beach on April 23rd

Thanks and God bless,

Jason.

No worries, I did not get to meet you, but next time!
I will see you at the Fair for sure.... you guys did a great job at Tower, all of you, well done.
The sky is the limit...............Good times!

Just a few pics from the show at Tower records on Monday.

is.php

King Chedge in his Kingdom
is.php

Ron puttin on his Adam game face
is.php

Mike bangin away on his pride and joy Yamaha Kit (just for you Alex):drool:

is.php

Getttin some lovin from the ladies
is.php

OK Missa! First thing is I wanna say I am DYING to hear all your news so give it up, girl!

Yeah....how cool that must have been B***h.....oops did i say that out loud....how do i tell them i have no inner monologue?:wink:

Last edited:
Bono B. Jones said:
Just a few pics from the show at Tower records on Monday.

is.php

King Chedge in his Kingdom
is.php

Ron puttin on his Adam game face
is.php

Mike bangin away on his pride and joy Yamaha Kit (just for you Alex):drool:

is.php

Getttin some lovin from the ladies
is.php

THANK YOU JASON!!!! :cute: One question though...why is the picture of Mike so much smaller than the ones of you, Chas & Ron?! HHHHHMMMMMMM?!

alexismcd23 said:

THANK YOU JASON!!!! :cute: One question though...why is the picture of Mike so much smaller than the ones of you, Chas & Ron?! HHHHHMMMMMMM?!

I knew you were going to say that! :laugh:

I honestly have no idea...the same thing happened to the first picture of me too, so it aint just me tryin to hog all the photo's. I tried several times to make them all the same size and it just wasn't working.

Trust me, I like looking at Mike's drumset just as much as you do. :lol:

I can privately e-mail you some great photo's of the drums from the two shows...wink wink.

Jason.

ok, here is a the full and detailed account of yesterdays preshow excitement. Happy Kren? Yesterday was insanely perfect. I got to the arena around 2:30pm. This time at the east gate they had a roped off area for all of us to wait in. So I found a place along the rope and watch and wait. I see some fans I know, Exit gals and Diamond, and wait for about an hour until the bus for Kings of Lion drives by. Then two black cars, about 10 minutes apart from each other, drive by. One carrying Adam, and one carrying Larry. Then a Car with The Edge drives by. About 15 minutes later he comes out of the gate and starts signing autographs. It was very orderly and calm. He made his way down the line of fans smiling the entire time.
DSCN0686.jpg

When he finally reached me he smiled at me and said hello. I responded with an excited high pitched hello and he then said, “How are you guys?” I said fine. He saw the picture I had for him to sign and immediately signed it.
DSCN0689.jpg

I told him I had taken it at Mondays show and told him “you guys rocked.” I then asked him if I could take a picture with him. He said, “Sure sweetheart, where’s your camera?” I pointed to Andrea and he leaned in and smiled.
DSCN0691.jpg

I thanked him and he continued down the line of fans. About 30 minutes later Bono’s black SUV comes driving up to us. His window is open and he is waving at the screaming fans. When he saw me I smiled the widest smile I could and he did that, opened mouth, silent scream face and then smiles and waves at me. The SUV continues to drive by and then stops about 10 feet past where I was in line.
DSCN0694.jpg

The crowd instantly hovered around the opened door. He spoke with fans while putting his shoes on. He then put his hat on, stepped out of the car, and started to sign autographs.
DSCN0700.jpg

Everyone made a crowd around him with me in the back. My friend asked one of the security guards to help us get to him but he seemed to ignore us. After waiting about five long minutes I felt tears running down my face. The security guards saw me and told people to step back so I could meet him to. Bono made his way down the edge of fans signing as he went. When he got to me he smiled and said hello. I said hello and he looked down at the drawing I had for him to sign.
DSCN0703.jpg

He asked me if it was of him. I said yes and he then picked it up to look at it. He told me it was very good and said “You made me look taller, thank you.” I thanked him and he then asked who he was signing it for. I told him Melissa and he signed it in blue ink. I then told him I wanted to thank him for sending me a signed cd from New York last year and that it meant the world to me. He paused and got this puzzled look on his face. After a moment he smiled and asked, “that was you?” I laughed and said yes. He then leaned over and kissed the top of my head. I thanked him again. He was just about to leave when my friend said wait, you have to sign one more thing. She handed him the picture I took on Monday. As he looked at it I told him I took it at Mondays show. He told me it was incredible and signed it right below Edge’s signature. I thanked him again, he smiled at me and then continued down the line of fans. When he got to the end of the crowd he got back into the SUV and waved one last time at me while rolling passed.

It still doesn’t feel real. I'll scan the autographed ones this weekend.:heart:

WOW!! That is amazing! I am so happy for you! You will have to scan your signed pictures and post them. GO MISSA!:laugh: :edge: :bono: :laugh:

Missa, my darling Missa! I am so joyously pleased that of anyone on this earth or outside the arena at that time YOU were the one chosen for Bono to focus on! I know what the attention means to you and I couldn't be happier than if it had happened to myself. (well ok I might be just a teeny tiny bit jealous hehe). Can't wait to see the autographs and talk to you about it more....when you float back to earth, girl! I am so so so bummed that Janelle missed out.....but I am sure that Andrea is floating on a cloud along with you!

Thanks for sharing! I am keeping your phone message you left me after meeting the Edge because it is so cute!

Love ya!
Kren

Bono B. Jones said:

$3,500.00 was raised for the AWF that night and that is what is most important to the band.

I hope that if you do come see us again, it will be a better experience. We will do our best to be more on top of things we can have control of to ensure this won't happen again.

God bless,

Jason.

Well said Jason!

There was, what sounded like, a good plan in place for the dinner and set up. Unfortunately the HRC was very slow in serving dinner which put us way behind schedule. I had the opportunity to ORDER food.... I just never got to see or eat it.... HRC owes me 1 cheesburger! Also HRC said thay would close their doors and clear everything out at 7PM and that did not happen either.

Because of that, I think there was confusion on getting people out. AFW was worrried because the demand for tickets outweighed supply. There were strinct rules for HRC on how many people could be alllowed in. I believe that is why there was a little tension. AWF was aware that there were several people without a ticket trying to get in for dinner and see if they could just stay. Even members of the band had people try to slip us $$ to get them in. ( We did not take it)

Durring the process of kicking out some of our dinner guests (I'm still upset about that) someone had the brillant idea of just taking the tickets of our guests and giving them their wristbands inside the building. We should have taken care of that at our dinner.

As for Bonnie, I hope you can understand the pressure she was under for us that night trying to resolve some situations with AWF. She did and continues to do a great job.

All in all $3500 that will give people in two places in Africa clean water. I'd put up with a lot more of the BS if we could have results like that each time.

Chas
The Joshua Tree

Poor you, Chas! :( To not get to eat on top of everything else!

I am so glad you raised all that $$ for a great cause. I am actually a charity fundraiser by trade, so I can totally appreciate that! :up:

You are such great guys, I really hope our paths will cross again very soon!

:hug:

Bono B. Jones said:

I knew you were going to say that! :laugh:

I honestly have no idea...the same thing happened to the first picture of me too, so it aint just me tryin to hog all the photo's. I tried several times to make them all the same size and it just wasn't working.

Trust me, I like looking at Mike's drumset just as much as you do. :lol:

I can privately e-mail you some great photo's of the drums from the two shows...wink wink.

Jason.
I honestly appreciate the effort and I'm very much looking forward to seeing those other pics of Mike....uh, I mean the drums....Yeah, that's what I meant :drool:

Mike's #1 Fan,
Alex

Last edited:
Missa...I am so happy for you!!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful story with us! It couldn't have happened to a sweeter person!

A huge THANK YOU again for my beautiful JT shirt!!!! I'll wear it with pride!

Love ya,
Alex

agentmissa said:
Thanks guys! I hope Janelle doesn't kill me by the time all of this is over. 2 more shows and I can sleep until September. Kren, I hope I didn't sound drunk... I felt it.

No you did not sound drunk.....I can only imagine how you felt and all I can say is I am very very very thrilled and happy for ya! I can completely relate to and understand the feelings you experienced! I am looking forward to seeing you again once the shows are but a lovely memory in our hearts and minds, when we've caught up on our sleep and stopped sleeping with the pics and memorabilia under our pillows and can visit again to share it all over and over in our regular lives!

Hey good luck in LA and Anaheim, you U2 freak, you!!

~Kren

TheEdge U2JT said:

Well said Jason!

There was, what sounded like, a good plan in place for the dinner and set up. Unfortunately the HRC was very slow in serving dinner which put us way behind schedule. I had the opportunity to ORDER food.... I just never got to see or eat it.... HRC owes me 1 cheesburger! Also HRC said thay would close their doors and clear everything out at 7PM and that did not happen either.

Because of that, I think there was confusion on getting people out. AFW was worrried because the demand for tickets outweighed supply. There were strinct rules for HRC on how many people could be alllowed in. I believe that is why there was a little tension. AWF was aware that there were several people without a ticket trying to get in for dinner and see if they could just stay. Even members of the band had people try to slip us $$ to get them in. ( We did not take it)

Durring the process of kicking out some of our dinner guests (I'm still upset about that) someone had the brillant idea of just taking the tickets of our guests and giving them their wristbands inside the building. We should have taken care of that at our dinner.

As for Bonnie, I hope you can understand the pressure she was under for us that night trying to resolve some situations with AWF. She did and continues to do a great job.

All in all $3500 that will give people in two places in Africa clean water. I'd put up with a lot more of the BS if we could have results like that each time.

Chas
The Joshua Tree

Thanks, Chas and BBJ. I would like to take a moment to comment that I was disappointed in several things that did occur beyond our control Sunday night. This event included much prior planning & coordination which I am proud to have been involved with. Regardless of what did or did not occur, the event was a huge success in its goal to raise money and awareness of the plight in Africa. In the matter of several hours of great music and frivolity, things we pretty much take for granted, enough money was raised to provide water--a life sustenance-for hundreds or thousands of Africans. That in and of itself far outweighs any complaint, misunderstanding or err that may have occured during Sunday's event.

That said, I'd like to thank the HRC management and AWF volunteers (please be kind enough to remember these people are volunteers--in addition to their regular lives they donate time and energy to charity) for having done their very very best to provide a special evening to all who attended. That was the intent. It is unfortunate in even the best of times or organized fashion that unintentionable disorganization can occur. I managed to enjoy the evening despite pressure of continually re-reminding HRC management we needed more service help for our private party and that our pre-planned timeframe (as well as written agreement) was being challenged. Also, AWF had advised me they would visit our group to check everyone in with their wristbands in our private room who was to be attending the show when they arrived at the venue. This unfortunately did not happen. HRC was to close to the public at 7pm to allow set up for the evening. This did not happen. Additionally Press was allowed in prior to 9pm which delayed set up as they went about taping and interviewing. I have had several local area friends tell me they saw the event on Sunday's evening local news.

At this point, I extend my personal & sincerest apologies to any who feel any disappointment about what may or may not have occurred Sunday evening. Bottom line it was a successful evening charity-wise. I thank the HRC, AWF & their volunteers for their best efforts. I especially thank the Joshua Tree band and family wholeheartedly for their generosity talent & kindness as they IMHO *payed it forward* expending the most unselfish investment in time, financially & personally toward an unforgettable experience and toward a very worthwhile charitable cause. You ask for nothing yet you give...and you give....and you give yourselves away.............You guys are beautiful.

Love to you all.
Karen
:hug:

More Pictures of the weekend.

Thank You 91X FM San Diego!
is.php

Crouching Jason-Hidden Bono?
is.php

Chedge and his Explorer...exploring "I Will Follow"
is.php

The real U2 in NY or JT in SD?
is.php

Chedge and his sunburst Les Paul bringin a little sunshine to a cloudy San Diego
is.php

Yes, men do fake it too ladies....:lmao:
is.php

Back
Top Bottom